Port forwarding--why so frustrating?

I'm trying to forward the ports for Black Ops on PS3, because I'm sick and tired of the lag (aka falling over and dying after successful diverting from bullets around the corner of a building)

I think I've done everything right, but upon using this website, all the ports I've attempted to open are all apparently still closed. Is this website accurate?

I've set up a static IP address for my PS3 and enabled it as a DMZ device in my router settings (which, this should open up all ports, correct?) To be safe, I also manually opened all the ports necessary for Black Ops using the new static IP address I set up for the PS3. But the game still lags like ridiculous, the test website says those ports are closed, and the NAT type in Black Ops still says "strict". Can anyone help? What am I doing wrong?

Re: Port forwarding--why so frustrating?

Do you have a pc to compare with?

do you have a firewall enabled?

He's dmz the ps/3 in question.

OP, that site isn't very good at providing testing. It also needs to be noted that type of test only tests unsolicited on inbound connections.

Also, are the servers regionally close to you?

OP, that site isn't very good at providing testing. It also needs to be noted that type of test only tests unsolicited on inbound connections.
    No clue what this means, sorry.

Also, are the servers regionally close to you?
    I'm not sure of this either.

All I know is I'm fairly positive I opened all the correct ports properly as well as made the PS3 a DMZ device and the performance is not at all improved as I expected. In fact I was playing online with a buddy the other day and often times it would kick me out of the game saying that the server has closed while he was still in the game. Is there any way I can check to see if the ports have properly opened?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Do you have a pc to compare with?
    Sorry, just saw this, I do have several PCs connected to the same network.

Actually, using port forwarding AND UPNP AND a DMZ could have the exact opposite effect you are looking for, because it confuses the network, things may not work correctly.

I had this issue with my 360 (mine and my roomate's) having a "Moderate NAT" level, which allowed for more disconnects from Black Ops, and less reliable connections to lobbys and other hosts in general. This was because I had UPNP on, and had my xbox set static DMZ. Once I removed the DMZ and just left UPNP on, the problem stopped and there was no more lag.

Quote Originally Posted by vAequitas View Post
    Actually, using port forwarding AND UPNP AND a DMZ could have the exact opposite effect you are looking for, because it confuses the network, things may not work correctly.

I had this issue with my 360 (mine and my roomate's) having a "Moderate NAT" level, which allowed for more disconnects from Black Ops, and less reliable connections to lobbys and other hosts in general. This was because I had UPNP on, and had my xbox set static DMZ. Once I removed the DMZ and just left UPNP on, the problem stopped and there was no more lag.
    black ops ports opened or not? When i was getting the lag initially I hadn't adjusted any settings. I believe UPNP is on (I think this is normal). But I think I added the ports to open and the DMZ setting on at the same time. I'm trying to remember the password now to log back into my router and adjust the settings.