Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Asus M4A77D onboard Firewire Problems

Hello,

Well I just discovered last night that my on board firewire connector is no working. I do some none linear video editing using various apps and till recently it seems to have been working. Last night I load a new app called Lightworks and it doesn't see my miniDV deck. ? I'm using Windows 7 32bit SP1.

I went to "MY computer" and there is no device showing for the Sony deck. Re-started the Sony GV-D300 ...nothing. Changed the driver for the firewire port to Legacy...nothing. Re-started the PC...nothing. I re-booted into WinXP SP3 and the device is not there either ( it used to be..).

Avid Media composer used to see the firewire device last time I worked with it. I plugged in the miniDV deck and a miniDV camcorder to no effect.

Has anyone had this issue with this mobo? ASUS M4A77D.
    I'm going to install an add-on firewire card I have to double check things.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Asus M4A77D onboard Firewire Problems

Might want to try going into bios and making sure the 1394 controller is set to "Enabled"

Re: Asus M4A77D onboard Firewire Problems

After a BIOS update ( not really needed but welcomed and yes the on board firewire has always been on ), chipset driver re-load, Windows 7 driver changes...nothing had changed. I went and installed an add-on Texas Instruments Firewire card and turned off the on board one. You know what? Windows 7 seems to be withholding the connection for is own Live Video app...

In Windows 7 Avid Media composer calls the connection busy...the DV devices don't show up in "My Computer" available devices..HOWEVER... unplugging and replugging the device makes Win7 call up its own video capture app with a too lowly bitrate for my needs.

In Windows XP the devices show up as available ( same machine)....so I'm about to reinstall Avid in XP to check thing out some more there.

So Windows 7 is keeping access to my DV devices to it self? How can I remedy this?
    I've uninstalled Windows7 Movie maker and the DV devices still don't appear. Unplugging the DV device, while on, Windows 7 "BINGS" as the device is "discovered" BUT still no device.

I'm bothered.... :P
    Last edited by abel; 06-02-2011 at 05:54 AM.