What happened with bwm?

I miss Brad, is he ok?
    Anybody knows?

Thank you!!

Re: What happened with bwm?

Can't answer your question about how he's doing, but if you're unaware there was a falling out between Brad and the site. He's gone from here along with a buddy or two.

Wow, he's been outta here for at least a year now. He and Dangtx. I miss him and many others that used to be here too.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

I am from Uruguay and first met him at an Aussie forum, then we met again at the MSI forum and lastly here.

We had some personal correspondence, I learned he had a son that would probably give him grandchildren and some other things I would like to keep personal.

I hope is is ok, very good man, deserves the best.

Gustavo.-
    Last edited by bernheim; 06-04-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Ya I miss those guys .

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Wow, he's been outta here for at least a year now. He and Dangtx. I miss him and many others that used to be here too.
    I do miss a few of them, but TBH bwm isn't one. I ceased to miss him here when I read the back and forth that lead to his departure (its clear he way overreacted) and felt even less so when I read some of the negative things he posted on other boards shortly thereafter
    Last edited by Activate: AMD; 06-12-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Wow, I missed all the excitement. What was the drama about?

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    I do miss a few of them, but TBH bwm isn't one. I ceased to miss him here when I read the back and forth that lead to his departure (its clear he way overreacted) and felt even less so when I read some of the negative things he posted on other boards shortly thereafter, and then decided to go completely the other way when he poached a number of our top folding people.
    You are entitled to your opinion on most of what you've said, but I personally take exception to the last line,
    My reasons for leaving The Frogs were documented at the time if you care to look, and to my knowledge BWM was never responsible for ever poaching anyone,
    If you need further clarification I'm more than happy to do it via pm's as it's something long since past, and not really worth dredging up again by those who don't know the full story.
    Fold with what you have,
    Every Work Unit can make a difference.

Hi guys,

I wasn't poached by anyone either.
    And to be fair, not all the history of that business is still around (here).
    As Jester said, this is very old stuff, meanwhile.

Because of financial pains and the fact that I can't keep up with the hardware replacements and energy costs, I stopped Folding altogether.

I wish the Frogs and the Pond all the best and I 'm glad you 're still Folding and keeping up well with current numbers.

laterz,

Eric

Last edited by noorman; 06-11-2011 at 07:33 AM. Reason: correction / anyone is anyone

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by noorman View Post

Because of financial pains and the fact that I can't keep up with the hardware replacements and energy costs, I stopped Folding altogether.
    I think F@H and all distributed computing will see more and more people leaving as energy costs go up. Sure, there will always be the diehards, but for most people, this is the first and easiest expense to get rid of.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    when he poached a number of our top folding people.
    You are mistaken. He never attempted to steal, recruit, or "poach any members of the folding team on this forum. They left due to the financial times and the now well known degradation and general state of disarray of these forums. You are simply too blind and brainwashed to see it.

I know you were asked to correct your grossly incorrect statement, yet you have failed to do so. It is little wonder that you have no idea of the full unedited thread that took place that one terrible night. That does not change the fact that you have been brainwashed by the management into believing exactly what they want you to believe, and nothing else. You have had ample time to correct what you said in error.

Becky L
    Last edited by John C; 06-12-2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Personal attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    . He never attempted to steal, recruit, or "poach any members of the folding team on this forum. They left due to the financial times and the now well known degradation and general state of disarray of these forums. You are simply too blind and brainwashed to see it.

I know you were asked to correct your grossly incorrect statement, yet you have failed to do so. It is little wonder that you have no idea of the full unedited thread that took place that one terrible night. That does not change the fact that you have been brainwashed by the management into believing exactly what they want you to believe, and nothing else. You have had ample time to correct what you said in error.
    Becky L
    I saw it.
    I do think he over reacted, but Wise One was out of line also.
    But that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.
    Last edited by John C; 06-12-2011 at 02:08 PM. Reason: personal attacks by Becky L.
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by IAmGhostDog View Post
    I saw it.
    I do think he over reacted, but Wise One was out of line also.
    But that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.
    I never said otherwise and I agree, just said I don't feel bad

Glad they can stay classy though, giving me a whole 24 hours to discuss it over PM with Jester (which I did and subsequently went to edit my post) before calling me a liar and a coward.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by bernheim View Post
    I miss Brad, is he ok?
    Anybody knows?

Thank you!!
    Brad is doing OK I talk to him on email on a regular basic. He is happily married.