View Poll Results: which sound card would you get ?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • HT OMEGA eClaro 7.1

5 41.67%
  • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD

5 41.67%
  • another card I am posting a reply

2 16.67%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: vote for sound card

well tryed the opamp , total failure in the respect aplifed sound was cut down 75% , ( yes I installed corectly with pin 1 orentation lined up)
    Must have ordered the wrong part when I searched for part number . Oh well poped back in the OE opamp and all is well . Guess I will have to wait for auzentechs site to get what I need back in stock .

edit :
    Just got a updated email from HT Omega , and these guys are great.
    Seems their are 2 versions of the LM4562NA a single and a dual versions , by mistake . I ordered the single opamp version the corect version is here
    http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...words=LM4562NA

I get one on order !
    Last edited by brothergc; 06-26-2011 at 08:33 PM.
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

wow !
    That opamp realy makes a difference !!

Very impressed with the upgrade sound is more clear , more detailed , and highs are crisp. bass has improved as well . All for $8.30 I can not complain .

geekkyyy You gotta get one of these cards ! Man the sound will treat your ears !

going to get one on the 21st of july........was at frys electronics, and they don,t even stock em....surprised .........can,t wait
    #1-i5-3570k -asus sabertooth p67- asus r9 290
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-asus M5A97-evga gtx 260
    #3-amd phenom II x2 560 (4 cores enabled) -BIOSTAR TA880GB -evga gtx 260
    #4-amd fx-6300- GA-990FXA-UD3-gigabyte -evga gtx 660
    #5-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt

Quote Originally Posted by geekkyyy View Post
    going to get one on the 21st of july........was at frys electronics, and they don,t even stock em....surprised .........can,t wait
    Yep frys seems to only carry Creatives Sound blubber sound cards (LMAO)
    I tryed looking on amazon , as well as other online places , and it seems new egg is the only place I have found to buy HT Omega.
    Yea , their expensive but IMO the ony real option for a good card .

Heh. Reading through this thread made me smile a bit. Out of all the things that have changed in the pc world since I joined this forum 10 years (wow, I can't believe it's been that long) ago, one thing remains constant. Creative Labs drivers still •••• up your computer now just as good as they did then!

Oh and btw. How in the Hell has Creative managed to stay in business this long?!
    Beware liberals with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post

Oh and btw. How in the Hell has Creative managed to stay in business this long?!
    They are the Bose of the computer audio industry. Through marketing they are the first name people think of, so they think they are the best. Like Bose, this is far from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    They are the Bose of the computer audio industry. Through marketing they are the first name people think of, so they think they are the best. Like Bose, this is far from the truth.
    No truer words ever spoken!
    Beware liberals with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Heh. Reading through this thread made me smile a bit. Out of all the things that have changed in the pc world since I joined this forum 10 years (wow, I can't believe it's been that long) ago, one thing remains constant. Creative Labs drivers still •••• up your computer now just as good as they did then!

what is realy amazing to me is how nothing has realy changed software wise , lets see....
    takes 7 different services to just run one of their sound cards
    mode switching , you gotta switch modes to play a game , watch a movie, or create music .. come on , are they kidding Me ??
    And lets not forget now you need more software , its "auto mode switching" software ,, come on realy !?
    And all that bloatware , OMG you need a seperate hard drive just for their sound card software !! Come on give Me a break
    Oh and lets not forget EAX 5.0 and Open AL of which EAX is not supported on most (not all) of the latest Games .
    These guys need to rethink their sound cards , dump all previous ideas, and start from scratch.