Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You Should Check This Out Before Buying the Force 3 Series SSD

I feel the necessity to post the following link for those of you who are comtemplating buying one of the Force 3 Series SSDs made by Corsair since I origionally posted a link to them. They are having all kinds of problems with the at the moment. Check out the link below.

Corsair Force 3SSD Issues
    Last edited by captkirk; 06-04-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Re: You Should Check This Out Before Buying the Force 3 Series SSD

Thanks for the warning Captkirk. I was waiting for the 60gb Series 3 to hit Newegg and was going to pick one up. I guess I'm now in for more waiting. Honestly this hardly surprises me anymore with these SSD's. It seems every other review I read on any of them from any manufacturer is a complaint about how it was DOA or lasted only days etc. They REALLY need to get these things working right before they ship them out to the end user. Have you had any issues with yours?
    Beware liberals with guns.

Yes, I have. I've been unable to install windows on the blame thing. No matter what I try. Keep having problems.

Ouch! The reviews on this drive at Newegg are brutal. It amazes me that a company with as excellent as a reputation as Corsair would send out a drive they HAD to know had these kinds of major problems. I have to apologize captkirk, I feel partly responsible for your problems as I was the one that mentioned these drives to you. I never thought Corsair would send out obviously broken drives. I guess I should feel lucky they didn't make the 60gb Force 3's available first, as I'd be the one going through all the troubles now.

Call me old school but I just do not believe SSD is ready for prime time ~

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Ouch! The reviews on this drive at Newegg are brutal. It amazes me that a company with as excellent as a reputation as Corsair would send out a drive they HAD to know had these kinds of major problems. I have to apologize captkirk, I feel partly responsible for your problems as I was the one that mentioned these drives to you. I never thought Corsair would send out obviously broken drives. I guess I should feel lucky they didn't make the 60gb Force 3's available first, as I'd be the one going through all the troubles now.

No worries, kbohip. I probably would have bought one anyway, so don't give it another thought. I just got back from vacation and have to go and see what Corsair is going to do about these SSD drives. Before I left on vacation I read that Corsair might RMA replacement drives that have been fixed and now work properly to the people who were unfortunate enough to buy one in the first place.
    Last edited by captkirk; 06-09-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by captkirk View Post
    No worries, kbohip. I probably would have bought one anyway, so don't give it another thought. I just got back from vacation and have to go and see what Corsair is going to do about these SSD drives. Before I left on vacation I read that Corsair might RMA replacement drives that have been fixed and now work properly to the people who were unfortunate enough to buy one in the first place.
    I'll be interested to see how Corsair handles this too. They can still redeem themselves (easy for me to say) if they make good on their offer to send out working drives to the original buyers. If this happens I'll be buying one for sure from them. If not, I'll probably go with OCZ. Although I don't like OCZ due to problems I've had with them in the past. Not only that, but it seems they have problems with their SSD line as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    I'll be interested to see how Corsair handles this too. They can still redeem themselves (easy for me to say) if they make good on their offer to send out working drives to the original buyers. If this happens I'll be buying one for sure from them. If not, I'll probably go with OCZ. Although I don't like OCZ due to problems I've had with them in the past. Not only that, but it seems they have problems with their SSD line as well.

Ok, I filled out a RMA request to return the Corsair SSD back to them and they are going to pick up the shipping costs both ways for me. The will cover the return of the damaged item and the cost of shipping for sending me the new replacement drive. First time, I've ever seen a company doing something like this. Kudos to Corsair.

It is not only the Force 3 having problems. The OCZ Vertex 3's are having problems also http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...-solid3-drives

and here is a statement about the problem http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...ATE-06-11-2011
    Last edited by curlysir; 06-13-2011 at 07:26 PM.

D'oh! Must resist! Must resist!!!!

Now down to $180 after rebate!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233181

The newest reviews so far have been positive too. My absolute limit for an SSD is still under $150 though. SOOO close.
    Last edited by kbohip; 06-22-2011 at 12:44 AM.

Yeah, I buy mine for $234 and get a bummer, Newegg gets replacement units in that work and then sells them for less. I'm still waiting for my replacement unit from Corsair.

^^^The eternal curse of the early adopters kirk. At least Corsair did their part and fixed the problem. A problem that let's face it, should NOT have ever occurred in the first place but I digress.

Newegg is now sold out on this drive. I had almost convinced myself to buy the larger 120gb model I didn't need too.

I hear that there are some Corsair Force3 GT 60 GB SSDs at newegg now, kbohip.

Quote Originally Posted by captkirk View Post
    I hear that there are some Corsair Force3 GT 60 GB SSDs at newegg now, kbohip.
    Wow. They are priced only $10 less than the 120gb model? Really Newegg and Corsair?

I was all set to buy the 120gb model when I see a couple of NEW threads over at the Corsair support forums with people now having trouble with the replacement drives. BSOD's, having to reboot occasionally, freezes, to name a few of the problems I've read about. So far Corsair's unacceptable response is to just run the drives on SATA 2 ports. This is fine for me right now as that's all my board has anyway, but I'm definitely concerned with how long this "temporary" fix will be around for. So now I have a dilemma. Wait for Corsair to fix these drives and then buy one, probably for $30 more as the rebate will be over by then, or just buy one now, hope that Corsair does fix the problems, and get the rebate.

How has your replacement drive been doing kirk?
    Last edited by kbohip; 06-30-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Fine sofar, I got it up and running late last night. BTW, I am running on the Sata III controller on my board.