Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nintendo Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii U

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Well, I used to get paid to write about cell phones and review them, so I know what PPI is and I know what a good screen is.

From what I've heard from people who would know and podcast is that the Wii U controller screen is ghetto compared to modern cell phones and tablets. Go back and read press reactions after E3 if you don't believe me. You can quote PPI all you want, but first-hand reports make it sound like a crappy screen. I'd try it out at Best Buy before buying it if you're buying it for the tablet controller.

are we talking 2011 e3 or 2012 e3? you realize that there have been two different versions of the game pad. the first one was a prototype and the official production version was revealed back in june. ive heard nothing but good things on the production version.

also demo kiosks are already showing up in stores with good feedback on the gamepads screen.

Quote Originally Posted by modru2004 View Post
    also demo kiosks are already showing up in stores with good feedback on the gamepads screen.
    Good feedback? From who?

Quote Originally Posted by modru2004 View Post
    ive heard nothing but good things on the production version.
    No offense, but from the guy who thought the Wii U was a standalone tablet?

We'll have to disagree on the quality of the Wii U touchscreen for now then. Anybody getting it because they want to watch Hulu or Netflix on it will greatly disappointed, I think. Would love to be proved wrong.

Good feedback? From who?
    good feedback from the people ive talked to that have seen it already.

No offense, but from the guy who thought the Wii U was a standalone tablet?

We'll have to disagree on the quality of the Wii U touchscreen for now then. Anybody getting it because they want to watch Hulu or Netflix on it will greatly disappointed, I think. Would love to be proved wrong.
    so you resort to personal attacks after the stuff you pulled out of your ass didn't stick? so you tried to attack my credibility and as evidenced earlier in the thread tried to somehow elevate your own.

just to clear this one point up.

I never said that the wii u was a standalone tablet or even thought that.

I was primarily comparing the vita's remote play capabilities with the on screen play with the wii u gamepad. and and explicitly said I don't want a TRUE portable, as I would never carry it. I was more interested in being able to game on screen around the house. the whole point of the discussion is that the vita costs almost as much as the wii u and I get a full blown console with the wii u that does everything except remote portability as it needs to be in range of the console.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven
    From what I've heard from people who would know and podcast is that the Wii U controller screen is ghetto compared to modern cell phones and tablets.
    lol. i love how everyone on the internet has some magical "credential" that somehow makes what they say more valid or the "right" opinion. you called the screen ghetto, is that a professional opinion? i stated specs and reasons i thought the screen should be ok. i mentioned ppi because of the whole hd argument. do you have any real reasons why the screen sucks that don't include obvious bias?

I am not going spend the whole night bickering with you about this.

Tell you what, modru. I'll put my money where my mouth is. The local Best Buy here has a Wii U kiosk. I'll drive out there tomorrow and try out the touchscreen and give you my honest opinion of it. If it's perfectly serviceable, I'll admit I was wrong.

Who's idea was it to give it a 5GB firmware update? No firmware update should be 5GB or ever be anywhere near 5GB.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    Who's idea was it to give it a 5GB firmware update? No firmware update should be 5GB or ever be anywhere near 5GB.
    Ouch. Yeah, you have metered internet at home don't you?

Yeah, let me know when they do away with such ridiculous firmware download sizes.

5GB firmware? That's big even for a console OS.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Also, Nintendo screwed up the online connectivity. If you create a Nintendo ID on one Wii U, you can't transfer it to another console. All your online eShop purchases are locked to that console. It would be like if Steam only let you log in once on the original computer you installed it on. Even the Xbox and PlayStation let you log into different consoles and access your digital downloads.

I think i'm going to refuse buying it at this point due to absurd absurd firmware update size and lack of a must have game. Maybe i'll get it later when it's not so absurd. Maybe if the firmware is not downloaded but on the Wii U from the shop and much smaller firmware download sizes for updates. Also, games that are better. I kinda wish the CPU was faster.

Also, the interface, no interface lag would be nice, or nowhere near as much wait time to be more precise.
    Last edited by 3dfxrain; 12-27-2012 at 05:30 AM. Reason: slightly more text for clarification