Screen Protector?

How many of you use screen protectors for your laptop? Do you find it necessary?

Re: Screen Protector?

are you rough on it?
    I use them on some partable units at work, but they are used hard. they work well. Not sure why someomne would need one if not using it in a tough envirment though

Never used them on any laptop I've ever had, at home or for out in industry. The only laptop I've seen that a protector could have really helped was one where the screen actually hit the keys when the lid was closed. After a few months, little scratches started to appear where each key was.

Since laptops screens aren't meant to be touched, you shouldn't have too much of an issue. Tablets on the other hand are a different story.

Depending on the environment they are in, you may need to clean it periodically. I've always used a ammonia free glass cleaner, spraying a bit on to a soft cloth. Then wipe the screen with that. May not be the best cleaner for it, but it certainly takes care of any hydraulic oil that got sprayed onto it.

Nah. I was gonna get a tablet PC, the X220T. But since the X220 non-tablet was little more than half the price, I can just get that and a completely separate tablet. I was planning on getting a protector for the X220T to give it a more paper like feeel when I drew on it, but I was wondering if I needed one for the non tablet. I'm not rough on it, so I save the money. thanks for the advice.

http://www.ruggedtabletpc.com/produc...ged-tablet-pc/

this is a newer version of what i run at work currently, 14 of these units, very tough on a route sell enviroment. the screen prodectors help out alot as the guys can be a little rough on the units as they bump around in the trucks.

Reality: Playground for the unimaginative.

Quote Originally Posted by fatlazyhomer View Post
    How many of you use screen protectors for your laptop? Do you find it necessary?
    I just w ... naw can't do it

I use screen protectors for EVERYTHING!

I can't stand dirty screens, ESPECIALLY when the thing's turned off
    and you can REALLY see all the fingerprints. I also can't stand trying
    to clean something off that's made of pretty damn scratchable material.

I even went so far as to buy a version of my new tv with GLASS front instead
    of the regular plastic and only because I couldn't find screen protectors over
    50" at the time (LED tv).

I hope that answers the question?

George

I don't on either my iPhone or my ipad2. The screen is so beautiful I hate to uglify it with a protector.

Dude, I got a Nexus One a few years ago and got this high dollar protector on it, both sides. Well, I had some problems with the sensitivity on the screen so I ripped one side off and let me tell you, in the summer when I sweat and hold that thing to my ear, I almost want to cry when I see how greasy and nasty it is...

Also, I got it right when it came out and no contract and it was 700 bucks.
    It still makes me sick looking at the screen.

WITH protector it'd look the same, BUT, I would know that it was clean underneath.

Had the first iPhone and sold it 'cause I thought it was a POS and it was almost like new because of the protector

Normally I have the screen protector here even BEFORE I get the actual product

I sold homes some years ago and when showing people the houses on the website, they would insist in pointing and touching the screen.
    Dude, I wanted to slap them silly!

I can't friggen stand it!

To each his own, but that is what they make microfiber cleaning cloths for. And if the protector is as dirty as the screen would be, it is just as gross!
    After a year, the iPhone screen looks like new, as does the iPad. I think screen protectors were a necessity with the old plastic screen that would scratch something awful, but with the glass on the newer ones is really an option.