Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Re: Operation Fast and Furious scandal

Moar on this disgraceful "operation"...

Obama, Holder Busted in Gunwalker Cover-up

Kenneth Melson was supposed to be the fall guy, the sacrificial lamb, the guy thrown under the bus to protect President Obama. Melson was "expected" to resign. He refused.

Instead, Melson, acting director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has turned whistle-blower and all hell is about to explode over the operation dubbed by Obama's Justice Department "Fast and Furious" but now known as the Gunwalker scandal.

It looks like the Obama regime financed (partly with "stimulus" funds) an $80 million program to allow straw buyers to purchase hundreds of weapons from federally licensed gun shops in Southwest states, over the objection of the shop owners, and then allowed these weapons to "walk" across the Mexican border into the waiting arms of the murderous Mexican drug cartels.

At first, Justice Department spokesmen said it was a "sting gone wrong." Then, when many pointed out that the ATF had no jurisdiction to follow the guns across the border to make arrests, the cover story fell apart.

Melson has told congressional investigators that there is a "smoking gun" internal memo withheld from Congress indicating that "political appointees" (Obama's) in the Justice Department were involved. This memo and other documents are being withheld from Congress as part of a cover-up.

Melson has also told Congressional investigators that affidavits prepared by Justice Department lawyers to support wiretaps in the operation were "inconsistent" with public statements by Justice Department officials, meaning that the operation, it's existence at first denied by the Justice Department, was detailed months before to a court in sworn statements by the same Justice Department.

Attorney General Eric Holder testified at a congressional hearing in March 2011 that he had just learned of the Fast and Furious operation "a few weeks ago." However, Holder spoke at a joint Mexico-U.S. law enforcement conference in Mexico in April 2009, describing the operation and touting it as a way to combat the growing power of the Mexican drug cartels.

The explosive revelations continued. Melson told the investigators that during operation Fast and Furious, guns were bought by and sold to individuals connected with the Mexican cartels who were also paid informants for the FBI and the Drug Enforcement Administration. American taxpayers are funding all sides of this w
    ar.

When the Mexican government captured the third-ranking leader of the Los Zetas cartel, Jesus Enrique Rejon Aguilar, he bragged that the cartel's guns were bought in the U.S. and that all the cartels were buying guns from the U.S. government.

The Mexicans are furious about all this. The Mexican congress has opened an investigation under the assumption that Obama's operation was an act of war on Mexico. More than 200 Mexican law enforcement and military personnel have been killed in the last year by guns traced back to Gunwalker.

These guns, traced by serial number, have tragically also turned up at the scene of the murder of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent Jaime Zapata by cartel gunmen.

The Mexican cartels get weapons from Mexican Army deserters, from leftist guerrilla groups in South America, and from international gun smugglers. Under Obama, they also got weapons from U.S. gun shops. We now know how this was done, in a story first told by CBS News. The question is why?

The answer fits a pattern described by then-Obama Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel of never letting a crisis go to waste if it can advance the agenda.

The crisis was the civil war between the Mexican government and the drug cartels, with violence spilling over into American cities. Obama, Janet Napolitano, and even Hillary Clinton, blamed this border violence on the easy availability of guns in U.S. gun shops and gun shows along the border. The agenda was gun control. Gun control laws needed to be strengthened to protect the lives of innocent Mexicans and Americans.

When statistics designed to show the cartels were armed primarily from American sources were proven false, the crisis had to be goosed a little. Operation Fast and Furious became the funnel for a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Despite all these revelations of Obama regime complicity in this gunrunning operation, the gun control agenda lives on.

Just last Monday, the Justice Department announced that all gun shops in four Southwest states will have to report to the ATF purchases of two or more of some types of rifles by the same person in a five-day span. With a straight face, a Justice Department spokesman described this as an effort to stem the illicit flow of weapons into Mexico.

Rep. Lamar Smith (R.-Tex.) called this new requirement the "height of hypocrisy ... when the administration knowingly and intentionally allowed guns to be trafficked into Mexico." Smith concluded, "Limiting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens is not going to solve the problem." Thank you Congressman Smith.

Congratulations Ken Melson. Thank you for telling the truth. Without you, the American people might believe that more gun control is the answer. With your statements, we now know that controlling the corruption of the Justice Department is the answer.

Isn't it time someone asked the age-old question, "What did the President know, and when did he know it?"

Editor's note: For the latest in the Gunwalker investigation, make sure to listen to Roger Hedgecock's interview with
    Rep. Darrell Issa on his upcoming hearings!
    &

More DOJ Malpractice
    A misbegotten scheme to boost gun control turns deadly.

. . .

For once, the NRA might be understating things. “Gross incompetence” doesn’t adequately describe what has transpired here. The investigation is far from complete, but the facts so far suggest that the Justice Department and White House are implicated in the needless deaths of two U.S. law enforcement agents. And the level of political collusion suggests they were motivated not by law enforcement concerns, but by a desire to gain traction in implementing a liberal gun control agenda.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

The Mexican cartels get weapons from Mexican Army deserters, from leftist guerrilla groups in South America, and from international gun smugglers. Under Obama, they also got weapons from U.S. gun shops. We now know how this was done, in a story first told by CBS News. The question is why?

The crisis was the civil war between the Mexican government and the drug cartels, with violence spilling over into American cities. Obama, Janet Napolitano, and even Hillary Clinton, blamed this border violence on the easy availability of guns in U.S. gun shops and gun shows along the border. The agenda was gun control. Gun control laws needed to be strengthened to protect the lives of innocent Mexicans and Americans.

Just last Monday, the Justice Department announced that all gun shops in four Southwest states will have to report to the ATF purchases of two or more of some types of rifles by the same person in a five-day span. With a straight face, a Justice Department spokesman described this as an effort to stem the illicit flow of weapons into Mexico.
    http://forums.pcper.com/showpost.php...43&postcount=2

Motive destruction of the 2nd amendment…

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    http://forums.pcper.com/showpost.php...43&postcount=2

Motive destruction of the 2nd amendment…
    The evidence is pointing in that direction. The administration was flogging it's:

“90 percent” of the weapons used in Mexican cartel violence originated in the United States
    lie at the same time it is selling guns to the cartels. $80 million in "stimulus" bucks for a program with no logical law enforcement angle. Selling guns that have been involved in the deaths of more than 200 Mexican law enforcement and military personnel and some of our own law enforcement agents. Gun sales the ATF has no jurisdiction to follow across the border to make arrests. If it had no jurisdiction to make arrests.. why was this administration selling guns? I've yet to see a compelling explanation other than to drive the administrations anti-gun agenda.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Obama and Holder are guilty of MURDER. Hundreds have died because of their crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Of course you can only see one motivation.. outrage. It's a libberal badge of honor.
    No scooter, I see what evidence offers my eyes and not the alinsky methods of the extreme right that sidestep actual responses with things like "libberal badge of honor".

You have offered nothing other than things like "appears" and "suggests" while stating a conclusion like "scandal" and "Motive destruction of the 2nd amendment…" and "The President or Attorney General giving guns to drug cartels to kill Americans possibly to attack a Constitutional Amendment".

And as to what your goal is I offer...
    "Obama and Holder are guilty of MURDER. Hundreds have died because of their crimes."

Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    No scooter, I see what evidence offers my eyes and not the alinsky methods of the extreme right that sidestep actual responses with things like "libberal badge of honor".

You have offered nothing other than things like "appears" and "suggests" while stating a conclusion like "scandal" and "Motive destruction of the 2nd amendment…" and "The President or Attorney General giving guns to drug cartels to kill Americans possibly to attack a Constitutional Amendment".

And as to what your goal is I offer...
    "Obama and Holder are guilty of MURDER. Hundreds have died because of their crimes."

Good job.
    Alinsky methods of the "extreme" right... better get my waders out. OK pokey.. you tell us what was going on then. Your administration was selling guns and letting them cross the border. Guns to cartels that have killed law enforcement agents on both sides of the border. Guns the ATF has no jurisdiction to follow across the border to make arrests. If it had no jurisdiction to make arrests.. why exactly was this administration selling guns? As my numerous links, stories and sworn testimony from several high ranking officials state... that kinda puts the kibosh on the administrations "sting gone bad" story. So if there is 0 chance of it being a sting.. what was the motivation?

-The Gipper

Alinsky methods of the "extreme" right...
    I'm tryin' to remember that book from the extreme right that spelled it out...

None Dare Call It Treason...

Atlas Shrugged...

Maybe it was one of Coulter's books...

I remember now... How To Project Your Maladies Onto Others.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    I'm tryin' to remember that book from the extreme right that spelled it out...

None Dare Call It Treason...

Atlas Shrugged...

Maybe it was one of Coulter's books...

I remember now... How To Project Your Maladies Onto Others.
    ^^^ Remember way back when the definition of that word used to be all the rage? Can't remember what v. that was.

-The Gipper

^^^ Remember way back when the definition of that word used to be all the rage? Can't remember what v. that was.
    I'm thinkin' it got popular in one of those forum signatures that are especially profound when looked at in a mirror.

Its like magic.

Makes me wanna eat my peas.

I'm thinkin' it got popular in one of those forum signatures that are especially profound when looked at in a mirror.

Its like magic.

Makes me wanna eat my peas.

-The Gipper

Couldn't say it better with a thousand words.

lol, still here and still laughing at the game. And scoot, still no comment about all those "could be" and "might be" used to say Obama committed murder?

lol, still here and still laughing at the game.
    Thanks for the update and joinin' in on the fun.

Thanks for the update and joinin' in on the fun.
    Yes dutch I understand you are having what you consider to be fun. Now it's time for Aero to get off my back and see who is the one attempting to bait a reaction. And no Aero, no pictures of what I think will be forth coming.

I don't need to bait. I discuss topical points instead of constantly shifting to the individual because there is no response for a point that was made.

Now please run off and pull some legs off of spiders or something...

lol, still here and still laughing at the game. And scoot, still no comment about all those "could be" and "might be" used to say Obama committed murder?
    My thoughts are already pretty clear on that score. What exactly do you need clarification on? While you are at it.. how about a response to my question?

OK pokey.. you tell us what was going on then. Your administration was selling guns and letting them cross the border. Guns to cartels that have killed law enforcement agents on both sides of the border. Guns the ATF has no jurisdiction to follow across the border to make arrests. If it had no jurisdiction to make arrests.. why exactly was this administration selling guns? As my numerous links, stories and sworn testimony from several high ranking officials state... that kinda puts the kibosh on the administrations "sting gone bad" story. So if there is 0 chance of it being a sting.. what was the motivation?

-The Gipper