Need major help with card psu!!!

Ok so I just recently bought this card off of newegg and it was open box:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121391

Its an ASUS 460 gtx 1gb

So every time I boot it up my pc makes a sound where it knows there is an hardware error. So it seem I need to power up one of the pci-e connector which it came with this:

And all I have in my system I see is this:

I plug that in by itself onto the card and it still gave me that error. So is there something I can buy to use those pci-e connectors I got or do I need a whole new psu altogether? And if so how hard is it installing a psu since there are a tons of wires coming out from mine atm?

~thanks

System specs:
    Core i7 950 (3.0)ghz
    9 gb DDR3
    750gb and 2tb HD
    Blu ray drive from Samsung
    Current gfx card ati 4650 ddr2 1gb
    currently trying to install 460gtx 1gb
    Last edited by falcon64z8; 06-25-2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: system specs entered

Re: Need major help with card psu!!!

Could you enter your system information into the space for that in your User CP then enable viewing of it? Or could you make a detailed signature listing all of your parts? This will help others answer this and future questions, and you only need to do it once. As an example of the level of detail we need, you can click on my system dropdown or look at some of the other signatures you see here. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    Could you enter your system information into the space for that in your User CP then enable viewing of it? Or could you make a detailed signature listing all of your parts? This will help others answer this and future questions, and you only need to do it once. As an example of the level of detail we need, you can click on my system dropdown or look at some of the other signatures you see here. Thanks.
    I really don't know the specific hardware type but I just posted the general one I have. It is pretty much all stock from HP when I bought. I can take as many pics as you guys like so you can have a more specific detail of my system.

This came with it:
    I just need to know where to plug the white ends of them to, because I don't see anywhere on my motherboard or psu that has connectors like that.
    Last edited by falcon64z8; 06-25-2011 at 05:30 PM.

coming off the psu there may be a group of wires tucked away that have the 4 wire molex that the adapter needs. they may have dust caps on them.

ud

Be Sure your PSU has enough power to run the card.

HP normally uses the minimal PSU that will power the stock system.
    Asus M8Z77-V Deluxe
    Intel 3770K
    G-Skill 1600 16G
    Corsair H100
    EVGA 670 GTX
    2 Corsair Force 3 120G (Raid 0)
    2 x Seagate 1T 6G
    2 Samsung SyncMaster T260HD Monitors
    Thermaltake Level 10 UGK
    Silverstone Olympia OP1000 1000W
    Windows 8

Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I would atleast have a 500 watt psu theses days for what you have and overhead for down the road.Also with my 2 x 470gtx s ocs were picky on how wired to ps.
    ASUS Sabertoothz77 T.U.F Series
    Intel i7 3770K 3.5@4.2 4/8 8mb
    32GB DDR 1600 Overclocked Corsair Vengence
    2 Superclocked EVGA GTX 680s instead stock 1008/6008 @1088/6200 befoe I oc it
    2 raid 0 120x2 SSD Corsair Force GT and 60x2 SSD OCZ A III 1 x SSD to speed up external 2TB
    24in 19by12 32in & 65in 1900by1080P
    Logitech Z5500 5.1 505 watt all optical on SB X-fi 5.1 external

Thanks for all the response guys!

So I went and got a 600w psu and it booted up and I installed the drivers and all. It turns out that the card was defective So now I have to send it back to newegg and pay for not only shipping but a restocking fee...

Then It thought to myself, F this and just went to my local frys electronic and bought the gfx card I wanted in the first place which is not a Zotac 560ti OC 1gb. It boot up fine and every thing is back to normal. The only issue is that the card runs hot, which is another issue for another day

So here is everything in my system and yes I leave it open just like that.
    Last edited by falcon64z8; 06-29-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Yup, they run hot, you can modify the speed setting with the software available from most video card makers as well as freelance ones. Makers set the fan speeds low for quietness.

Call Newegg customer service. They will knock off the restock fee for the defective item with no back talk. The automatic computer stuff does that (restock fee) by default on all returns.

Some times that stuff happens on open box deals (and sometimes on brand new) Checking every return for functionality would raise the overall costs. As we know some people will return as unwanted a part they have messed up or taken parts just to get their own stuff fixed.
    Last edited by TheGlasMan; 06-29-2011 at 09:41 PM.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGlasMan View Post
    Yup, they run hot, you can modify the speed setting with the software available from most video card makers as well as freelance ones. Makers set the fan speeds low for quietness.

Call Newegg customer service. They will knock off the restock fee for the defective item with no back talk. The automatic computer stuff does that (restock fee) by default on all returns.

Some times that stuff happens on open box deals (and sometimes on brand new) Checking every return for functionality would raise the overall costs. As we know some people will return as unwanted a part they have messed up or taken parts just to get their own stuff fixed.
    Dang man I wish I knew that before, because I just sent it in already. But ill use it for next time. And yea about the card running hot, I have downloaded MSI afterburner and I only increase the speed of the fan to max when I am playing Battlefield Bad Company 2. Due to that game is the only game that crashes me to the desktop and cause a driver error.