Question android phone glitch/virus???

My first mistake was letting my 6-year old son play with the phone. Anyway, it's a T-mobile My Touch 4G HTC android phone and a display is appearing for an extreme brief second when I hit "settings" (or any other button) and again when I go back to "home". When I hit "camera" the picture stays for a couple seconds, then the camera freaks out by scrolling crazily until I hit the back button. I tried a google search and found nothing. The display that appears is a graphical drawing with an icon and the words,"Miley Cyrus I Love Rock 'N' Roll Instrumental". If it was something like Aerosmith or Metallica and the camera wasn't malfunctioning, then I wouldn't care, but this is ridiculous. Any ideas how to fix this without wiping the phone or getting a new one? Thank you.

EDIT: nevermind for now, Miley is gone and the camera works. I tried the "removing the battery" trick and it worked......these new fangled phones are almost more trouble than they're worth.
    Last edited by SkaarjMaster; 07-05-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Re: android phone glitch/virus???

sounds like you had a virus and need to stock up on some anti virus apps and some app manager like advanced app killer.. speaking from my captivate from att lol

I'm not that experienced with android phones, but would a virus just go away after removing the battery? Sounds more like a glitch to me. Also, I need to get that advanced app killer (advanced task killer, or whatever that one I saw was). What's a good free virus app for the android phones?

Depends on if it was memory only footprint like the old TSR based viruses of old.

Quote Originally Posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    "Miley Cyrus I Love Rock 'N' Roll Instrumental".
    Lol. C'mon Skaarj, you know you were totally jammin' to this.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Talking Re: android phone glitch/virus???

C'mon kbohip, that was supposed to be our little secret.

Android phones are complete computers. Just they use flash memory (similar to the memory found in SD cards and USB memory sticks) instead of hard drives. So if an infected app was installed onto the phone, then it'll remain on the phone until the virus has been deleted.

Question Re: android phone glitch/virus???

So, if it is still there, how do I get it off?

See, for things like this, is why people have either a nand backup or a cwm (clockworkmod) recovery backup of their device. So you can wipe (system, data, dalvik cache) and just restore the backup within 3 minutes.

If the issue is a bit deeper than that, Download the RUU for your device/carrier version, or unbranded htc wwe version and run it on your pc to restore to a fresh out of box state, then re-root, install cwm recovery, and then restore.

None of the "Antivirus" programs for android are actual antivirus programs. They're just task killers, and they all suck.
    Last edited by JSLEnterprises; 07-09-2011 at 06:08 AM.
    ..::J.S.L::..

Email: jsl@jslenterprises.net