Don't know if this is the right place for this

Hello everyone , I recently reinstalled windows 7 ultimate , I usually do a reinstall every 6 months . Any ways I tried out a new antivirus program - Panda Cloud . Its a good program but theres somethings that had me bugging out for the last day or so . With Panda comes a program called USB Vaccination what it does is block anything from writing to windows autorun .inf file and thats were my problem lied , Vaccination USB blocks everything , autorun to your optical drives . That drove me nuts I couldnt understand why I couldnt install anything , windows would pop up asking me what I wanted to do - open folder to look at the files but never an option to autorun . So it took a bit to figuire out but by going to options in Panda cloud and unchecking block autorun , then restarting your pc fixes the problem . I just don't understand why they dont ask when you install Panda about this option . So Im just giving a heads up to anyone running Panda and having this problem !

Re: Don't know if this is the right place for this

I just use MS Security Essentials. It's free. It auto updates and hasn't let me down yet.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Panda? Get rid of it, its a pos. System hog and doesnt catch many viruses.
    I suggest Kaspersky or NOD 32

I usually use microsoft security essentials , its just something I tried out . Its free software so I thought I'd give it a go .

I prefer something else.

MSSE, and use NoScript which is a free download. I have never been impressed with security measures that go above virus control. In my experience, they always cause some sort of major issue. I've used Norton, Kaspersky, and Panda before. Way, way unimpressed by those clowns.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?

I vote for MSSE too, I have used Kaperskys Labs ,Trendmicro,Nortin 360, and a few others. Truth is none of them are perfect but some of them are easier to live with and at this time it is MSSE.
    Biostar TP67XE
    Intel 2500K
    Intel BXXTS100H CPU Cooler
    4-4GB Kinston HyperX 1600's
    2-300Gb Raptor's Raid 0
    XFX 450W pro
    2-Evga GTX460 in SLI
    Couger Evolution case
    Windows 7 pro 64 bit

Sentay 700W Rock "Died after 3 hours of furmark burn in"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=20035

Quote Originally Posted by notdrugged View Post
    MSSE, and use NoScript which is a free download. I have never been impressed with security measures that go above virus control. In my experience, they always cause some sort of major issue. I've used Norton, Kaspersky, and Panda before. Way, way unimpressed by those clowns.
    Norton I agree is a pos, panda even worst. But Kasperskys AV I found great, only thing better seems to be NOD 32.
    Best thing about Kaspersky is its firewall,assuming you get the full internet security and not just the AV, ask any hax0r which is hardest firewall to get by and most will tell you kasperskys.

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Norton I agree is a pos, panda even worst. But Kasperskys AV I found great, only thing better seems to be NOD 32.
    Best thing about Kaspersky is its firewall,assuming you get the full internet security and not just the AV, ask any hax0r which is hardest firewall to get by and most will tell you kasperskys.
    Kaspersky pays ZoneAlarm to use their product. Yes, ZoneAlarm is the best firewall out there. However, a security software which works at such a low level with all your system software simply cannot come without a higher risk of bugs. Me, it actually cost me money. One of the bugs corrupted an I-tunes download. All it took for me. You don't get money back for that. Which is also why I stopped using I-tunes...btw.

The program worked. The program was suddenly silently partially blocked by the firewall without any notification at all. So, I'm done. And downloading updates from Kaspersky was a nightmare for two solid years. Just like Norton. Overall, Kaspersky behaved like a highly unstable product for the time that I had it.

K.I.S. Is a monstrous program. If it's awesome to you, I have no problem with that. It's like a giant machine with a million levers on it. I just don't need something that huge lumbering all over my computer screwing stuff up. Especially trying to work with the Vista "technology" that makes up both Vista and Windows 7.

I guess I would recommend their antivirus, but I can't even do that. The company just honestly isn't on the ball. Most likely too busy fixing all the ZoneAlarm bugs. These bugs almost always come from software updates unrelated to ZoneAlarm. But, that's precisely what a bug is. It's still a bug, and it doesn't make it better knowing an outside force caused it. ZoneAlarm is ZoneAlarm is ZoneAlarm.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?

Sounds like you fixed your problem and that's good. I'll never install ZA again as an uninstall hosed my internet connection. I'm just glad I never installed it on my 2009 system, besides I have a router anyway. An uninstall of Kaspersky a while back hosed my video drivers, so I then switched to the free version of Avira's AntiVir on all my systems with SWB, MBAM and SASW to take care of other things. Sounds like MSSE with No Script is the thing to do with Win7 and I'll keep that in mind when I get another system in a couple years with Win8.
    Skaarj-laptop:Asus G750JW-NH71,Win8.1,Corei7-4700HQ,12GB DDR3 RAM,Nvidia GTX 765M 2GB,Realtek HD,TSST CDDVDW SN-208DN,WDC 750GB HD...
    SkaarjMasterDuo:WinXPSP3, Core2Duo E8600(Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P),Noctua NH-C12P,4GB Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X4096-8500C5 RAM,Nvidia EVGA GTX-280 1GB,SB Audigy2 6.1,Klipsch 5.1 sats,Dayton sub,Pioneer VSX-819H-K rec,,Enermax 850W PSU,Lian-Li PC-71B full tower,Pioneer DVR-216D,BenQ DW1655,Asus E818A3T,2-1TB WD HDs.....
    Dragonslayer (at Mom's house now): WinXPSP3, P4 3.2GHz(Asus P4P800-Deluxe),Thermalright SLK-947U,3GB Corsair XMS PC3200 RAM,ATI Radeon 9800Pro 256MB,VGA Silencer,SB Audigy2 5.1,Seasonic 500W PSU,Silverstone FT01-B mid tower,LG DVD burner,Asus E616P3..
    Dragon1: Win98SE, AthlonXP 1900+(Soyo SY-K7V Dragon+),Thermalright AX-7, 512MB Crucial 2.5 DDR PC2100 SDRAM MSI GeF4Ti4400,SB AudigyGamer,Enermax 431W PSU...

I don't use ZA. It's not as reliable and secure as it seems, I guess it only works good enough, but isn't the best firewall out there. Use something else.

Quote Originally Posted by notdrugged View Post
    Kaspersky pays ZoneAlarm to use their product. Yes, ZoneAlarm is the best firewall out there. However, a security software which works at such a low level with all your system software simply cannot come without a higher risk of bugs. Me, it actually cost me money. One of the bugs corrupted an I-tunes download. All it took for me. You don't get money back for that. Which is also why I stopped using I-tunes...btw.

The program worked. The program was suddenly silently partially blocked by the firewall without any notification at all. So, I'm done. And downloading updates from Kaspersky was a nightmare for two solid years. Just like Norton. Overall, Kaspersky behaved like a highly unstable product for the time that I had it.

K.I.S. Is a monstrous program. If it's awesome to you, I have no problem with that. It's like a giant machine with a million levers on it. I just don't need something that huge lumbering all over my computer screwing stuff up. Especially trying to work with the Vista "technology" that makes up both Vista and Windows 7.

I guess I would recommend their antivirus, but I can't even do that. The company just honestly isn't on the ball. Most likely too busy fixing all the ZoneAlarm bugs. These bugs almost always come from software updates unrelated to ZoneAlarm. But, that's precisely what a bug is. It's still a bug, and it doesn't make it better knowing an outside force caused it. ZoneAlarm is ZoneAlarm is ZoneAlarm.
    I been using Kaspersky IS for almost 5 years and never had a problem with it corrupting any downloads. As far as it being a montrous program, are you saying its a system hog? I can run it on a laptop with 1 gig of RAM and a pos pentium dual core and there is no general performance difference. Norton on the other hand would slow it down to a snails speed. Plus if you look through kaspersky options and tweak it right it will even use less resources. It even has a gaming mode which will give resources to full screen games and stop AV updates and scans. In fact im so confident in its low resource usage I remember I used to plug infected clients hdds into my own rig to disinfect them with kaspersky cause their crappy AV wouldnt catch the infections, and while I did these scans I would have BF2 running with no fps drop, on a x2 3800 with 4 gigz of RAM...... it was great, I was playing BF2 and making money at the same time.
    ANd Im baffled on how you say it screws anything up, like I said, it has been flawless for me. Try the latest 2012 version, it has cloud sync updates, something I have never seen before and can see the true potential. What does this mean? End users that get infected have it inmediatly connected to the rest of users and kis databases to rapidly prevent spreading of these infections.
    Last edited by Poci; 08-12-2011 at 05:08 AM.

Avira. Set up right and it will be there for you. I've used the free for a
    couple of years, then spent 26.00 at the time for the Prem version and
    just updated for 2 more years.