In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

MemtestCL, think your GPU is stable?

This is a pretty new proggy from the F@H team. It uses OpenCL to test GPU along with video memory. Screw the rest, this thing is even better then OCCT. It can catch errors others wont, TRUST me.
    I find it even catching errors after long gaming sessions of different game engines that werent crashing or artifacting.

Check it out

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadUtils

Leave it running overnight and if you see 0 errors then you should be good to go. If you see even 1 error then it means your OC isnt stable like you assumed

Only quirk is that it runs in cmd line. So no mousey.

Just shift+ right click the folder its in.
    Then type memtestcl xxxx (being number of megs your video card has to be tested, ex 1gb=1024, 2gb=2048, etc...) space then yyy ( y being the number of passes you want the test done, i just put 1000

Trust me this thing works great. You guys need to make a sticky to it here on OC section.

sttubs is offline Always learning something

Re: MemtestCL, think your GPU is stable?

I couldn't find any mention about how well this handles dual GPU cards like my 5970.

It is for GPU.... it will stress test both the core and memory.

Ohh boy,

There were some interesting results in there. One thing we learned is that the Random Blocks test may not be entirely reliable on ATI (may show false positives). I'm in communication with our folks on the inside, and I'll let you know if I get any solid resolution on it.
    http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.ph...16119&start=30

Now im worried and confused, I did indeed think I got a false positive running with stock shaders and clocks, I found 1 error. I dunno then I left it running almost two days with no errors. They need to realease a new version of this proggy to solve this glitch, hasnt been updated in almost a year looks like. Damnit and im trying to OC this card I need this proggy working right.

And the plot gets thicker

If MemtestG80/MemtestCL detect memory errors on your GPU, we recommend taking the following steps:
    •If your card generates errors and is overclocked (this includes "factory overclocked" or "superclocked" cards - anything with higher-than-reference clock speeds), reset the clock frequencies to the NVIDIA/ATI reference frequencies and see if the problem persists.
    This is especially true for the memory clock. Errors in the Logic or Random Blocks tests are likely to be at least somewhat sensitive to the shader clock as well. The upshot of this guideline is that if your overclock is generating any errors above the stock frequencies, then it's not a stable overclock.

•If after this your card still generates errors in any test OTHER than the Modulo-20 test, these errors are likely indicative of a card that's gone bad somehow. Such a card ought to be replaced.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadUtils