Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Re: kinda miss the old ways

wow ... just poped in and only a few pgs of unread posts .. sad really

humm ..siggys way outdated, but will leave it as a reminder of the old days
    ................. Heat .....................

24/7 speeds
    w/c - * GA-EP45-UD3P - Q9650 - 3737 - 9x415 * ...cpu-z... w/c - GTX260
    w/c - * A8N32-SLI-Dlx - Opty 170 - 2925 - 9x325 * ... cpu-z ... w/c - GTX260
    w/c - * A8N32-SLI-Dlx - Opty 170 - 2826 - 9x314 * ... cpu-z ... a/c - GTX260
    w/c - * A8N32-SLI-Dlx - Opty 165 - 2250 - 9x250 * ... cpu-z ... a/c - GTS250

perhaps we should rename pcper to intelmb.com seeing that AMD cant hold a candle to Intel these days ! LOL! I used to love AMD , but man the latest CPUs blows chunks !
    I gotta see what flames I get after posting this !
    Last edited by brothergc; 08-09-2012 at 11:23 PM.
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

I wouldn't trade-in my Phenom II X6 for Intel. Intel may be faster but the X6 is already plenty fast enough even for gaming. If I were building a new rig I'd probably use an FX 8 core.

As far as the format of the site, blame it on the users and overall traffic not Ryan.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

I am really happy with my 1055T and Gigabyte mATX motherboard, and I paid $119 for the pair at MicroCenter!

I too am very satisfied with all 6 of my Amd Rigs.

And just as a kick back to the good times I am going to use the sig I was using back then.

I spoke too soon. I got home from work the other morning, and it wouldnt wake up. Case fans spin, but no activity on MB. No USB, drive activity, etc. I think she is burnt toast.

Thing is it can be fixed cheap enough since it is a Amd system. And if it is the mobo you can get a Am3+ board and be set for a future upgrade.

Or I can go to MicroCenter tomorrow and get an Ivy Bridge I5 3570 and Biostar ATX Z77 combo for $349. Hmmmmmmm

I can't speak for everybody, but my decline in participation comes from 2 things.
    1.)Married and kids
    2.)Managing mental health

If those two weren't there, I would likely still be a mod, but life happens. I usually don't visit a lot of sites these days anyway, and not posting here like I used to has nothing to do with the changes. PCPer is Ryan's job, as already alluded. As owner, I would think that the decisions made are to ensure the business keeps running.

For the forum change: Maybe I would have arranged this mobo section differently, but DFI and Soyo aren't in the consumer mobo market anymore. Abit is out of business...no idea about Albatron or Soltek. My thoughts are that those individual sections were nice when they were active, but at what point do you move on?
    Much like the cassette deck in cars have essentially disappered, things in the forum and website needed changed.
    Other forums like [H]ardOCP, Anandtech, Tech Report...they've updated.

If you don't update you risk looking like KMart. The stores are so outdated they make Big Lots look upscale. Looks aren't everything, true, but running on the assumption that Ryan wants to keep this site operational, changes had to be made. He can't please everybody and if he tries, I can guarantee that little will actually be accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    I am really happy with my 1055T and Gigabyte mATX motherboard, and I paid $119 for the pair at MicroCenter!
    I have a similar build that's working great for me as well - although it's more my office PC