Hinklegate, a thread for real contact...

A Family Values, "In God We Trust", co-sponsor of a constitutional ammendment bill to ban gay marriage, legislator from the GOP makes Weiner look like a Weiner.

Turn about is fair play dudes.

Email rendezvous entangles state Rep. Phillip Hinkle

Lawmaker calls encounter set up with young man on Craigslist a 'shakedown'

Emails shared with The Indianapolis Star suggest that state Rep. Phillip Hinkle -- responding to a local posting on Craigslist -- offered a young man $80 plus tip to spend time with him Saturday night at the JW Marriott hotel.
    The emails, sent from Hinkle's publicly listed personal address, ask the young man for "a couple hours of your time tonight" and offer him cash up front, with a tip of up to $50 or $60 "for a really good time."
    The email exchange is in response to the Craigslist posting in which the young man -- who lists his age as 20 in the ad but says he is 18 years old -- says, "I need a sugga daddy."
    The young man told The Star that they met, but that he tried to leave after the man told him he was a state lawmaker. He said the lawmaker at first told him he could not leave, grabbed him in the rear, exposed himself to the young man and then later gave him an iPad, BlackBerry cellphone and $100 cash to keep quiet.

Re: Hinklegate, a thread for real contact...

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    A Family Values, "In God We Trust", co-sponsor of a constitutional ammendment bill to ban gay marriage, legislator from the GOP makes Weiner look like a Weiner.

Turn about is fair play dudes.

Email rendezvous entangles state Rep. Phillip Hinkle

Lawmaker calls encounter set up with young man on Craigslist a 'shakedown'
    You have to wonder what is up with some of these guys. I mean, do they really think no one will find out about these little escapades? This reminds me of the infamous Ted Haggard who used to preach to people here in town at New Life about the dangers of homosexuality and what not. Then he gets busted big time for eliciting the services of a male prostitute on the weekends...for three years.

Even better? Now Ted is back in town and has started another "church". He already has a strong following apparently. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

saw that reading the paper on the can this morning.

Daniels calls Hinkle email incident 'family tragedy'

maybe he ought go the bachman clinic for a little mind control.

bb

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    You have to wonder what is up with some of these guys. I mean, do they really think no one will find out about these little escapades? This reminds me of the infamous Ted Haggard who used to preach to people here in town at New Life about the dangers of homosexuality and what not. Then he gets busted big time for eliciting the services of a male prostitute on the weekends...for three years.

Even better? Now Ted is back in town and has started another "church". He already has a strong following apparently. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.
    I forgot all about Ted. Good one for real contact...

Just because someone claims to be a Christian does not mean that they don't do wrong things. "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" We are all hypocrites. Hopefully he goes quietly and learns something.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    Just because someone claims to be a Christian does not mean that they don't do wrong things. "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"
    I don't think you are being a hypocrite with that statement. Nor are you legislating values or telling people how to live.

Quote Originally Posted by baghdad bob View Post
    go the bachman clinic for a little mind control.

bb
    funny you should mention him....

I forgot all about Ted. Good one for real contact...
    Wish I could forget him. Living in the town that houses his original Wal-Church though makes it impossible to forget about him. Especially now that he's back in town starting a new church and the local media here keeps up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    Just because someone claims to be a Christian does not mean that they don't do wrong things. "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" We are all hypocrites. Hopefully he goes quietly and learns something.
    I think this is what the Bible was trying to warn us about with false prophets too.

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win XP Pro SP3 / MEPIS 8.0.15 / MEPIS 11

I don't think you are being a hypocrite with that statement. Nor are you legislating values or telling people how to live.
    All laws are legislating values and telling you how to live.
    Brian