Thread: Redbox

Redbox

Any of you dweebs use Redbox?

I tried it for the first time this weekend. Most of my video rental joy these days comes from Amazon Instant Video but I was going over to a friend's place and he doesn't pay for internet (uses the neighbor's open WiFi) and I didn't want to mess around with streaming video on that. So, I tossed up my credit card info on Redbox and picked up the movie from my local Walmart.

It's pretty cool. The DVD comes out in this little plastic case and you can hear it spinning around in there and putting the DVDs in each case.

I always though Redbox was for the people who didn't know about Netflix or hadn't made the jump to renting digital movies from Amazon or iTunes. But, it's okay, I guess. $1 per day, not bad price. It doesn't have the selection of Netflix though, obviously. You're limited to what's in each machine.

Re: Redbox

I use it all the time. It's much cheaper than any of the streaming options and sometimes I can even get Blu-Ray titles too for only $1.50.

I use blockbuster now that they have dropped their pricing to redbox-ish levels. I have a store a mile from my pad. I got tired of all the stupid white trash with their demon spawn spending 15 minutes looking through the redbox selections at the kiosk when I just need to pick up my pre-reserved movie.

I had to switch from Blockbuster to redbox when the two blockbusters closest to me both closed. I have to say, redbox is pretty good, so it wasn't a bad change at all.

I used it a couple times.

My problem is that I'm just way to forgetful to take movies back on time and end up spending $9 on a movie that I only watched halfway through.

Last one I rented was Tron. And it sucked.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    I use blockbuster now that they have dropped their pricing to redbox-ish levels. I have a store a mile from my pad. I got tired of all the stupid white trash with their demon spawn spending 15 minutes looking through the redbox selections at the kiosk when I just need to pick up my pre-reserved movie.
    Yeah, I had this problem. I was just trying to return a movie, went into a nearby Walmart, there was a line of five people (plus me) and the two trashy girls in tank tops spent literally like 10 minutes browsing the selection. Kind of crap.

I just use my On demand feature thru Comcast. I do have DVD by mail subscription (Blockbuster)which I use for PS3 games for my step son but I rarely ever get movies just games.