NVIDIA branded GTX 480

Earlier this year, a won a March Madness contest on this site and for a prize I got a GTX 480 from Mr. Ryan Shrout himself.

I believe it is the one he reviewed, but not positive. It is NVIDIA-branded, with no branding from a partner (EVGA, BFG Tech, etc). I believe these early sample cards for NVIDIA are manufactured by Foxconn.

I have not tested it, but I have no reason to believe it doesn't work. What's something like this worth?

Re: NVIDIA branded GTX 480

hmm selling a card you won as a gift on the same site you won it?
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
    Not seeing an issue with that myself.. what are you supposed to do with hardware ur not using?
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Did you ever opent the box, or use it?
    If not then I would say that its worth ~$300.

BF3 Dino:
    i7 2600k, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, 8GB Corsair, X-25M 120GB, WD 300GB Raptor, 2xEVGA GTX570HD 2.5GB, X-fi Titanium, Antec 1200W.
    Monster: i7 930, MSI X58 Platinum, 9GB Corsair, WD 74GB Raptor, WD 2TB, Palit GTX460 1GB, PCP&C 750W.
    Beast: AMD4400+, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, 2GB Corsair, 2x 1TB WD Green Raid0, 2TB WD Green, KFA2 9600GT, Dynex 500W.
    Relic: Intel P4 3.2GHz, Asus P4SD-LA, 1.5 GB PC2700, 160GB WD, 120GB Maxtor, ATI 9600Pro, Dynex 500W.

its not worth anything.. those things are hazardous for human consumption! I'll recycle it for you.. and i'll even waive my standard hazmat-fee

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Yeah, is that bad? I was going to build a dual GTX 480 machine but decided to go with a single GTX 580 for this build anyway. I guess I could hang onto it if it's terrible. I just don't have use for it now.

and it's not like I sell the phones and tablets I get free for review via work. :P though usually they have me send them back because I'm not big time enough to keep them. Though, I do get to keep a few.

Anyway, back on topic. It didn't come with a box. It's just the card.
    Last edited by Keven; 08-27-2011 at 12:44 AM.

I'm guilty of this myself...sort of. Any of us who've been around here a LONG time might remember the crazy "Win a free Ipod" pyramid type scheme thread that went practically viral here many years ago. Well guess what? I actually DID end up with a free Ipod which I promptly sold to buy the coolest video card of the day with.

As for Kevin's question. I see that 480's on Newegg go for $300 shipped. I'd therefore say anywhere from $225.00 to $250.00 for yours.
    Last edited by kbohip; 08-27-2011 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    I'm guilty of this myself...sort of. Any of us who've been around here a LONG time might remember the crazy "Win a free Ipod" pyramid type scheme thread that went practically viral here many years ago. Well guess what? I actually DID end up with a free Ipod which I promptly sold to buy the coolest video card of the day with.
    Yeah, those lame things. A guy I know in high school got a free Mac Mini by getting like 50 people to sign up.