Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question loking for Headset

Hello! as I like to listen to a loud music, but it is not satisfied with my neighbors, so I came to the rational solution - to buy a headset, but I have not
    knowledge about these technologies, so I ask you - Forum, what do you recommend to buy, of course my budget is around 120 dollars and I seeking with USB input or two 3.5 mm sterio inputs, becouse I using laptop. I have to add that I like headsets what is which is around the ear not one the ear!

here are some what I found and what is your opinion about this:
    1. Logitech G35
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam...s/devices/5095

2. Creative tactic3d sigma
    http://www.creative.com/soundblaster/tactic3d/sigma/

3. corsair HS1 with USB
    http://www.corsair.com/pc-computer-a...g-headset.html

4. cyber snipa sonar5.1 championship
    http://www.cybersnipa.com/us/gaming-...ip-headset.php

5. Plantronics GameCom 777
    http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/gamecom-777
    Last edited by killersbeez; 09-22-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Re: loking for Headset

are these just for music or music and gaming? I ask because these are all gaming headsets and not aimed at quality music listening.
    Of those I have the corsair but 3.5 mm not usb and like them alot. Folks here also use the steel series siberia
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

For music either the Sennheiser HD-555 or 595 would do you well. Both can be had for your price range, and the 555 can be modded to be almost identical to the 595 very easily. Save you about $50. I have the 555 and am really pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
    are these just for music or music and gaming? I ask because these are all gaming headsets and not aimed at quality music listening.
    Of those I have the corsair but 3.5 mm not usb and like them alot. Folks here also use the steel series siberia
    i also like to play online games and chat with my friend in skype

Quote Originally Posted by killersbeez View Post
    I can highly recommend anything by Sennheiser
    I have the PC 161's and the long out of production Precision 580's
    Both are excellent for hours of use without ear fatigue.
    Have a browse here. I'm sure you will find something to fit your budget.
    http://www.sennheiserusa.com/pc-voip-headsets-phone
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

MSI 870A-G55 AM3 | AMD Phenom ll X4 955 Black Edition 3.2 GHz | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Samsung SH-S222A DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by killersbeez View Post
    http://reviews.gamestop.com/9014/84306/reviews.htm

http://www.trustedreviews.com/Sharko...dphones_review

Amazon + Walmart online sell them @ $139.99
    I don't see any great presidential candidate on the political landscape.

Bush/ Cheney put us in a depression......

Obama amplified it.....bail out bankers, so CEO's can get billion dollar bonuses

all these big businesses the GOP support sell us out and give American jobs to 3rd world countries (they pretend its about taxes, its all about cheap labor)

"surround sound" headphones are a gimmick IMO

Simulated surround is a gimmick......Decoded Dolby Digital 5.1 via a decoder is legit.

Obama amplified it.....bail out bankers, so CEO's can get billion dollar bonuses

all these big businesses the GOP support sell us out and give American jobs to 3rd world countries (they pretend its about taxes, its all about cheap labor)

gamerk2 is offline Self-Professed Audio Guru

Simulated surround is a gimmick......Decoded Dolby Digital 5.1 via a decoder is legit.
    Its also a very low quality codec that looses audio information as part of its compression scheme. Dolby/DTS exists for no other reason then they get surround out of SPDIF, and both formats have no farther use now that we have HDMI.

And for headphones, after extensive use of both Dolby Surround [via both a Logitech G35 and using Dolby Surround on my PC-350's] and genuine 5.1 headphones [Tritton AX Pro's, and a few others I can't recall], I actually prefer the virtualized implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by gamerk2 View Post
    Its also a very low quality codec that looses audio information as part of its compression scheme. Dolby/DTS exists for no other reason then they get surround out of SPDIF, and both formats have no farther use now that we have HDMI.

And for headphones, after extensive use of both Dolby Surround [via both a Logitech G35 and using Dolby Surround on my PC-350's] and genuine 5.1 headphones [Tritton AX Pro's, and a few others I can't recall], I actually prefer the virtualized implementation.
    DTS might lose a lot due to compression but not Dolby Digital. If you are using a good set of Dolby Surround headphones and are hooked up via HDMI you need to enable optical out and then select Dolby Digital NOT DTS!

If you are competent you will soon see that genuine Dolby Digital is far more immersive and spacial then virtual........

(either you never tried Tritton AX Pro's OR you incorrectly set them up)

Dolby Digital and DTS are both lossy compression algorithms. They are pretty efficient and sound pretty good, but they do throw away a lot of bits.

Bought a set of Tritton AX 720 Dolby digital surrounds last night at Gamestop. I'm home today and about to open up the box.

I'm waiting on an Amazon shipment of Sharkoon Xtatic Digital 5.1 surrounds too, the wife will get the set I don't like.

I'll revisit this thread later and post my opinions on these. They've gotten good reviews online.

gamerk2 is offline Self-Professed Audio Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming Again View Post
    DTS might lose a lot due to compression but not Dolby Digital. If you are using a good set of Dolby Surround headphones and are hooked up via HDMI you need to enable optical out and then select Dolby Digital NOT DTS!

If you are competent you will soon see that genuine Dolby Digital is far more immersive and spacial then virtual........

(either you never tried Tritton AX Pro's OR you incorrectly set them up)
    Trust me, I used my Trittons for two years. Won the first ever TWL COD4 8v8 tourney while using them. Decent, but nothing special. I actually preferred my wireless (!) Sony MDR-3000's due to their superior side channel processing when not in active competition.

Which brings us to why I pefer Virtaulized headsets: The drivers for dolby/surround headsets never seem to be balenced correctly; either there is too much side channel, or two little. I think most people don't like virtualized simply because they are used to the side channels being blasted at 150% of their normal output on most surround headsets...

Also: DTS > Dolby. Both are lossy formats with low bitrates. Neither have any place anymore, now that SPDIF has basically been superseeded by HDMI.

I don't profess to be an audio guru, I'm just your average gamer. I use an old set of Logitech 5300 5.1's on my gaming pc and my only background on headphones are an older pair of cheap Sony's.

All that said, so far I'm enjoying these Trittons on a ps3 (hooked up via hdmi).

Instructions and setup weren't too bad but there are quite a few wires and connections to be setup. A few changes are inputted on the PS3 audio settings and accessory settings screen.

IN a ps3 game the audio is clean and spatial, not a lot of booming bass but its plenty loud enough. You can certainly tell what direction an enemy is sneaking up on you from ( quick COD4 gameplay). MUCH BETTER THEN A SONY STEREO HEADSET, there is no comparison.

Netflix movies are much much nicer then using my Samsungs built in virtual surround (tv speakers).

Headset comfort? Snug fitting but a tad heavy.

Definitely recommend these for ps3 gaming and tv watching providing you don't have a good 5.1 home setup for the tv.

All cabling included for using these on pc, xbox or ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming Again View Post

I'm waiting on an Amazon shipment of Sharkoon Xtatic Digital 5.1 surrounds too, the wife will get the set I don't like.

I'll revisit this thread later and post my opinions on these. They've gotten good reviews online.
    The Sharkoon's are similar to the Tritton's but are more comfortable to wear for long gaming sessions. But they cancel out outside noise quite a bit, the Tritton's allow a bit of outside noise in to hear. I like to be able to hear my phone which is about 2 feet away, so I've been using the Trittons most of the time.

If the wife wants to use a headset I give her the Sharkoon's.