What is your View on ReadyBoost

Hi

I just learnt about ReadyBoost. Im always interested in getting more speed out of my computer. Do you think I should give ReadyBoost a try.

Thank you

Re: What is your View on ReadyBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Possum View Post
    Hi

I just learnt about ReadyBoost. Im always interested in getting more speed out of my computer. Do you think I should give ReadyBoost a try.

Thank you
    Before I can give you my opinion you need to answer the following questions

Could you enter your system information into the space for that in your User CP then enable viewing of it? Or could you make a detailed signature listing all of your parts? This will help others answer this and future questions, and you only need to do it once. As an example of the level of detail we need, you can click on my system dropdown or look at some of the other signatures you see here. Thanks.

Exactly, we can't make a suggestion without first knowing what your working with.

User Control Panel >> Setting and Options >> Edit Options >> Display Your System Specs >> Yes

Sorry Guys.. My system is showing....

Readyboost is completely useless. It has an imperceptible effect on system performance in every circumstance.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?

if you have 2GB of less of RAM, use readyboost. otherwise no. I speak from personal experience. It reduced stuttering and load times for Crysis when I had only 2GB of memory on 64-bit Windows 7.