Basic overclocking question

So my new computer's motherboard (gigabyte z68xp) came with an add on overclocking program called Smart Quick Boost. The program gives me options to overclock to different levels by simply pushing buttons and restarting the computer. My question is then, is there a difference between this and manually overclocking through the BIOS?

Thanks!

Re: Basic overclocking question

When manually overclocking you make the choices and can go closer to the edge of your parts capability. The program will not get as close to the edge so it will work with all parts. If the program lets you choose all the factors in the bios then basically the same.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Another thing to point out with these automated overclocking programs that companies are putting out is that for A LOT of the chips they are using WAY to much voltage. Most people can run there chips with a lot less voltage, it's sorta like running on "auto" vcore in the bios, it's not worth it when overclocking.

Simply set the settings yourself, if you don't know what they should be ask and we will help + There are a lot of guides around the net.

i can show u how if u like