Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Occupy Wall Street

Place your opinions, event promotions, directions to SEIU donations, etc., here.

And remember the chant:

What do we want?
    We don't know.
    When do we want it?
    NOW!!!

Re: Occupy Wall Street

son of a gun you b eat me to it.... i was gonna create a topic about this when at work, but was swamped at work telling homeowners they have to move out of their home...

anywho: the protesters plan on marching up to the corrupt CEO's mansions

http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/10/news...test/index.htm

Some of them might be getting paid to be there???

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2284...o-hispanic.htm
    Brian

these "occupy" groups of losers are about as relevant as a popcorn fart.

I find this description more accurate...

Salary is not being taken into account here

99% of them are idiots (no pun intended)

Capitalism hasnt failed... Corporatism and our massively corrupt banking system has failed.

I bet most of these morons have no idea what fractional reserve banking is and how its a massive ponzi scheme. Or where out tax dollars actually go to.

The problem is the private bake of the united states the Federal Reserve . Which didnt even exist until 1913. Control of our currency should be returned to the people via the treasury dept.

Ill leave you with a quote by Thomas Jefferson

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

First...Ill be genuine with how these protests make me "feel" and how I reworked that perception. Like most of us...I see this stuff...and the issues being protested and I feel its a slight at all of us. About like having a kid get his name in the local paper for a string of arrests. LOL...lets face it...how we parents seem to react..its about some failing we own. But then? I recall being about 18 or so. Its almost our "job" when were that age to critique everything and point fingers for our lack of success of one sort of another.
    But I read what these kids are complaining about? And I wonder just who seems to emulate what they want: Hugo Chavez.
    No wonder the world shakes its head in amazement seeing these poor kids...cell phones and laptops in tow...all seemingly well fed. I doubt any of them really knows what "doing without" really is. Heres a good example of the big concern: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...rles-c-w-cooke

Wanna see a teabagger lose his mind? Compare the occupy wall streeters with the teabaggers. Makes em nuts but is totally entertaining.

Like I said many months ago, the revolution isn't going to be started by a bunch of unhappy white home-owners who think they pay too many taxes. They are cute and all but they aint the revolution.

That being said I could give two f%^ks about it.

^^^yeah me too...and sure..I can understand politicians wanting to "use" protests to advance a point via association. And yup...either group really doesnt interest me. I suspect the vast majority of us just want to live unbothered existances.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Like I said many months ago, the revolution isn't going to be started by a bunch of unhappy white home-owners who think they pay too many taxes.
    Sorry to say, but the revolution isn't going to be started by a bunch of Reddit readers who slapped a Coexist bumper sticker on their car and watched a few Elizabeth Warren YouTube videos, either.

Reagan summed it up many years ago, he said:

Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.

The protesters (the majority of them) are complaining about student loan debt and how they were fooled into borrowing more than they should... they want to be forgiven regarding those loans and not have to pay them...

So who is to blame? The fool or the people who exploited the fool?

Student loans are they're fault...obviously.

But protesting wall street has nothing to do with student loans or interest rates.

These kids apparently didn't learn much with those student loans.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Student loans are they're fault...obviously.

But protesting wall street has nothing to do with student loans or interest rates.

These kids apparently didn't learn much with those student loans.
    The majority of them have masters degree in some sorth of social "science", or art, or anything stemming from a B.A., not a B.S. degree.

The twitter feeds, tumblr photos, etc. have people holding signs and letters bitching about their student debt being sky high, degrees with zero job market and having minimum wage jobs.

^^^

Thats what a degree in art history will get you . No positive job outlook and no clue on how the economy or our banking/interest system works.

But hey they can make pretty looking signs lol

Maybe someone should start teaching people to start there own business when they cant find work at someone elses business.