Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Maybe someone should start teaching people to start there own business when they cant find work at someone elses business.
    There are, via government backed small business loans, government loans for re-education, etc.... tax payer money is already there

lol...

And they are still trying to call this capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Sorry to say, but the revolution isn't going to be started by a bunch of Reddit readers who slapped a Coexist bumper sticker on their car and watched a few Elizabeth Warren YouTube videos, either.
    True enough.

But the revolution is going to be run by people who have little to lose. That's more along the lines of my thinking. I don't think the folks who are wearing designer jeans and tweeting on their new iphones about how cool they look protesting fall into that category.

My favorite so far: Maybe this guy spent too much time watching Close Encounters and is left with an unhealthy Lacombe fixation. http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...jonah-goldberg

^^^

They seriously do this asinine hand stuff.

Tell me this isnt a little scary.

^^^

You really have to expand your news sources....

John Lewis not miffed by “Occupy Atlanta” dis

A 10-minute video clip of U.S. Rep. John Lewis‘ unsuccessful attempt to address the Occupy Atlanta gathering in Woodruff Park is burning up the blog and Twittersphere.
    To put it mildly, it’s not going over well in some circles.
    To #occupyatlanta General Assembly. You are a bunch of (blank)heads. Congressman John Lewis is an American hero,” tweeted hip hop industry mogul and activist Russell Simmons. He supports the Wall Street protestors that spawned Occupy Atlanta, though, tweeting more recently, “White people catch a cold blacks get pneumonia. We must join in #occupywallstreet. Education and health care cut while rich get richer.”
    Jay Smooth, a hip hop DJ in New York, tweeted, “Disappointed to hear that John Lewis was not allowed to speak at #OccupyAtlanta. Hoping organizers will hear feedback and learn from it.”
    The video clip of the protesters discussing the matter, and of Lewis leaving without speaking, has been gathering steam online. As of about 11:15 a.m. today it had logged more than 180,000 views on YouTube. In the clip, the protestors discuss the matter by repeating phrases, vote by waving their hands and ultimately decide that Lewis should come back later. At one point someone off camera shouts “John Lewis is no better than anyone else!”
    Lewis, a Civil Rights Era icon, was gracious when we asked him about the matter. ”It’s ok,” he said during a brief interview Sunday night at the Woodruff Arts Center, site of a 90th birthday celebration for his fellow Civil Rights Era activist, the Rev. Joseph Lowery. Both the park and arts center are named for the late corporate titan Robert Woodruff, a longtime president of Coca-Cola and major philanthropist.
    Lewis had been en route to a Pride event when he stopped by Woodruff Park.
    “They didn’t really deny me,” Lewis said. The protestors decided he could return after their agenda items had been completed, but because of the Pride event, Lewis didn’t have time to wait around. The group has since issued a statement saying, “We are dismayed that anything we have done would seem to show disrespect for a man whom many of us revere, and apologize to everyone who was hurt or angered by our actions.” And they say Lewis can come back.
    Lewis said he was not dismayed, despite his key role in the nation’s struggle for civil rights, that he was not more eagerly received when he initially stopped by the park.
    “These are different times,” he said.
    - Jennifer Brett/The Buzz/jbrett@ajc.com

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    You really have to expand your news sources....

John Lewis not miffed by “Occupy Atlanta” dis
    I was referring to the hand signals they were using...reading is a good thing you know. It helps you address the issue being spoken of instead of making your own up

I was referring to the hand signals they were using...reading is a good thing you know. It helps you address the issue being spoken of instead of making your own up
    Pardon me. I'm not good at reading hand signals from posts.

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Pardon me. I'm not good at reading hand signals from posts.

How weird was that video though.

Spirit fingers anyone?

Speaking with your hands is a basic skill for public speaking.

Politicians, etc. use it all the time to communicate with idiots (the voters) so that they can pay attention and "listen" to what they have to say or just look at the cool hand animations....

Im reminded of Bill Clinton closed fist thumb thing he used to do.

I dont remember him throwing up the spirit fingers tho lol.

Listen to them talk and repeat every single word thats said....and they call others sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Sorry to say, but the revolution isn't going to be started by a bunch of Reddit readers who slapped a Coexist bumper sticker on their car and watched a few Elizabeth Warren YouTube videos, either.
    Lol. God, how I HATE that "Coexist" bumper sticker. It makes me think violent thoughts towards the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Lol. God, how I HATE that "Coexist" bumper sticker. It makes me think violent thoughts towards the drivers.
    Don't forget the "Drives like a Cullen" stickers.... wish I was driving a semi to push them off the road....

^^^

Some people are just natural sheep. Reminds me of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Enmore View Post
    Some people are just natural sheep. Reminds me of this:

LOL , that clip was pretty accurate.