Unlocking the cores on X2 550BE

I can successfully unlock all 4 cores on the 550BE, and run prime stable at 3.6Ghz for at least 12 hrs. However whenever I reboot my machine, regardless of what clock settings are set in the bios, the CPU loads into Windows with all cores set to 2.4Ghz. I have to always go into AMD Overdrive and bump them up again.

Anyone got any ideas as to why it may do this?
    AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE 3.1GHz
    ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    XFX Radeon HD 5830
    2x2GB G.Skillz Ripjaw 1600MHz

Re: Unlocking the cores on X2 550BE

I will assume yo have c'nq fully disabled. Unless there is an automatic that you missed changing to manual most likely your bios doesn't like the overclock (thinks something is unstable) and resets to default clock speeds.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Re: Unlocking the cores on X2 550BE

Also check what software you have installed in windows. I have a 1055t x6 that I set manually to the stock 2.8 in the bios because it was dropping down to 2.2 in windows. I did have c'nq disabled in the bios. Found out the problem was with the ocing software that came with the motherboard. It was for some reason dropping the clocks back even though I set it to 2.8. I uninstalled the software and problem went away. I set the bios back to auto and things are good.