Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What should i ask for it?

Thinking of selling my motorcycle. Its winter,i wont be riding it and would like to buy a new one when spring gets here. What do you guys think i should sell it for? Shes getting up there in age now. Runs and rides perfect though. Rear brake cylinder needs to be changed, but ill do that before the sale.

Its an 04 SV650 S and has 23,000 miles on it...all but a couple from me. I have had other bikes while ive had this one. But i haven't wanted to sell her. Probably my favorite motorcycle ive ever owned. But its time, ill either keep her forever or get rid of it now.

Last edited by Invictus; 11-30-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Re: What should i ask for it?

Hmmm, I'd list at $3,000. Maybe $3,500.

You should look at the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10 if you're not going to stay with Suzuki. The new ZX-10s are SCREAMERS.

2200-3000 is what similar sv's have gone for in my area.

I was thinking in the 3,000 range. Wanted to get some honest assessments before i put it up for sale.

I would really like to get a Ducati 1198. But that may be a little out of my price range for a motorcycle.

I had a 07 Kawasaki zx6r a few years ago. That thing revved to like 18,500. It was ridiculous how high i had to rev it to get power from it. So im definitely looking for a 1000. The sv650 is a vtwin and has torque galore. Though it only tops out around 143mph depending on the wind and how tucked in i am. But goes 0-60 in 3 seconds. So it was fast enough to be entertaining, while remaining comfortable in town.

I might have to test drive the new ZX-10. Im leaning towards a Yamaha R1 at the moment. But i have till next spring to decide.

The BMW S1000 is another low-weight speedster but way too expensive. The sticker price on the Beemer is like $15,000, you could get a Hayabusa for that.

^^^

Shhh dont mention the word hayabusa. Ive been keeping myself from purchasing one. I couldn't imagine what 200mph would feel like. But if i had one i know i would find out.

I used to ride quite often in the 150mph+ range. But 200mph would be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    ^^^

Shhh dont mention the word hayabusa. Ive been keeping myself from purchasing one. I couldn't imagine what 200mph would feel like. But if i had one i know i would find out.

I used to ride quite often in the 150mph+ range. But 200mph would be insane.
    Yeah, quite easy to kill yourself on one of those, I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Yeah, quite easy to kill yourself on one of those, I imagine.
    Very much so.

I hardly have time to ride anymore though. All those pics but one of them are about 2 years old. The bike has been covered and stored most of the last two years so it still looks the exact same as the pics.The rear brake issue is from it sitting covered for 6+ months recently. Im hoping to have more free time next year to ride, its a great stress reliever.

At one point i rode motorcycles as my daily transportation. Made sense when i was in my early 20's. Fun, great on gas, cheap compared to a car and chicks dig bikes.

Not sure what your bike is actually "worth" but I just wanted to comment on how nice the bike still looks. You have taken good care of it ( for a young guy especially).

He wants me to be bike evaluator.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    He wants me to be bike evaluator.
    If the bike is worth $2,000, probably would cost that to ship it from Florida to New Zealand.

Expensive shipping is expensive.

I used to work for a guy who lived in England and moved to Australia (I write things for websites you see, so easy to work for people in far away places). He paid like $4,000 and it took 12 weeks. It went on a big freighter with a bunch of other crates.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Shes getting up there in age now. Runs and rides perfect though.
    LOL, all a matter of perspective. The following isn't my actual bike, as I don't have any pictures handy, but it's the same year and color. Change out the fairing to a National Cycle Plexifairing3, and put back the stock seat and that's what it looks like.

It's a 1986 V65 Magna, one of the few things I've had longer than my wife. . .though parts are getting a bit tougher to come by these days it has been remarkably reliable over the years. I'm near 40,000 miles, and still put on about 1500 a year. It never sees a drop of rain, though while in college during the late 80's I even rode home in a sleet / freezing rain mess once.

If straight line speed is your goal, this family was and really still is tough to top. Just enough front end weight to keep from flipping and nutso power from ~3000 RPM through 10,000 RPM. On the slalom? Eh, not so much. I gotta believe your feelings for your SV are similar. Personally I'm glad I can't tell you what it would feel like to sell your bike, as I still have mine over 25 years later.

Mmmm Hayabusa... good luck not getting it stolen if you live in an apartment complex... especially in FL. I wouldn't buy one of those because of that reason. Good luck with sale!