Can you give us your thoughts on Antec's cases?

I am soliciting feedback from our readers and forum members on what you think about Antec as a company and Antec's current array of case options TODAY.

Any and all feedback welcome - trying to gauge the mindset of the enthusiast and gamer here.
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--

sttubs is offline Always learning something

Re: Can you give us your thoughts on Antec's cases?

I've owned two Antec cases over the years & found them to be sturdy,put together well, & having good airflow. Buying a case is based on asthetics 99.9% of the time and there are several brands out there fighting for our money now.
    AMD 8350 w/Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk Ed - Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/4x4gb GSkill Ripjaws 1600 CL7 - WD Black WD2003FZEX 2TB - EVGA GTX 780 Ti SuperClocked - Win 7 Premium 64bit - Lite-On iHES108 - White Corsair 500r w/Corsair AX860i 860W - HP XP599AA

Heat: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=55337
    Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.com/sttubs/

My backup system is in a Antec 300 case and the last 5 systems I've built for other people have also had the Antec 300 case.
    I think they are a outstanding value for the price. The design is clean and simple and the airflow is excellent.
    Last edited by oldbrave; 11-18-2011 at 12:49 PM.
    Electronic Smoke Signals From my "Techno Teepee"
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ 990FX, 1703 bios
    AMD FX 8350 Vishera @ 5142Mhz [21x244] 1.536v
    Water Cooled - Koolance EX2-1055, CPU 370 WB, Idle=22c Load=53c
    32Gb G.Skill Sniper ddr3 1600 8G X 4 , 9-9-9-24 @ 1.55v
    ASUS HD7970-DC2T-3GD5, Cat 13.6 beta 2, Dell U3011 @ 2560x1600
    SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD SATA 6Gb, 250Gb SATA 6Gb, 1Tb SATA 6Gb x2
    Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Corsair HX1000w PSU

My current rig is in a 900. Great airflow, quiet, horrible cable management. Well built. I would buy a 902.

I've got a 300 set up with WHS only issue is its a mid tower that I've overstuffed with 7 drives so its a little tight but it is a great case.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

I have used many antec parts and my favorites are the psu's and cases. Currently using the antec 300 illusion case and I absolutely love it. There are a few flaws but if you look harder enough with any case you can find flaws....generally heh. Antec makes high quality parts and I will be continuing to use there cases as long as they are reasonably priced.

Newegg usually has discounts on the antec 300 illusion case during the weekends, believe i picked mine up under 50 bucks

I have an Antec 300 case (seems popular in this thread ). Love it, excellent value, very sturdy, thumb screws everywhere for ease of access. I recommend it for all the computers i build for friends, it is sleek and easy to assemble in. Pretty much any other case from Antec is too expensive in NZ.

Klondik is offline I spelled my name wrong..

I've been using a P182 for nearly 4 years now, and I realize that doesn't reflect their current lineup, but I really love the case. I still think it looks good, it's well laid out, and easy to work with. The only feature it misses is a hole on the bottom of the motherboard tray to access the cooler. I saw that they're releasing a P280 now, as well. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no need to upgrade my case.

Cool Re: Can you give us your thoughts on Antec's cases?

While I haven't owned one of their cases recently, I've kept abreast of their recent developments. They seem geared to the younger crowd and most of their cases have the same problem with poor design in the cable management area and air flow is hit or miss depending on the case.

With that said, pricing has always been good and they offer a wide selection (when purchased online as compared to box stores). They are a mid-range type of company that serves a nitch market and with the economy the way it is, they serve a vital role in supplying good useful products to many who cannot afford the higher end products of other well known companies.

I have the 900. solid build, great fan layout. I would have liked better cable management and centralized fan speed control. It was a gift so I can't complain. I'm about to mod the front bays to accept a H100 radiator with 4 fans(I want to try a pelt). I'll let you know how that goes.
    I think if Antec designed/outsourced and sold a 200 mm radiator closed loop water cooler similar to the H100 they would make buckets of money from it.
    John
    Last edited by Doon1; 11-21-2011 at 07:52 PM.

I've been using an SX-840 since 2000. Probably never change it out, as long as ATX exists.

I have owned around numerous Antec cases dating back around 10-11 years. I have used most recently an Antec 300 for a friends build, and it's a good case for a basic setup, with good airflow. I also have an Antec 1200 here at home that I have liked, and it's built well with good airflow also,and is designed well. My main gripe with these two cases is the lack of innovation when it comes to the dust filters (or lack there of). The 1200 has to may screws to be taken off to reach the filters, and is a bit cumbersome. The 300 if I remember does not come with a filter in the front. I have seen many complaints about the 900 series being a "dust magnet" as well. With all that being said I just purchased an Antec DF-85 based on that it is built from the idea of the 1200 case, but is more thought out with the front intake fans and filters being more accessible. I will be building a PC with this case over the holidays. I have always been happy with Antec's products and will continue to buy them. They continue to improve their case designs without being "over the top". I am happy they are making some strides towards innovating their products, and it looks like they listen to their customers which the DF-85 and the Dark Fleet series suggests.
    Last edited by Niner; 12-16-2011 at 07:39 AM.

Pleased with the Antec and the Gigabyte case I once had. The XClio seems to be alright for now.
    Support Your Local Sheriff - At high noon

My Heatware http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=63611

The pump maverick