Thermaltake MK-1 Full Tower

I've been thinking about buying a new computer case lately and after looking at the Thermaltake MK-1 Full Tower. I find that it has peaked my interest. Just wondering if anyone else is using one or if anyone has any thoughts on this Thermaltake case.
    Last edited by captkirk; 11-22-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Re: Thermaltake MK-1 Full Tower

I've been using the case for a couple months now. It's probably one of my favorite cases ever. There's plenty of room in it for cable management, big graphics cards, and FOUR 200mm fans. The SATA dock on the top of it is handy for the 2tb hdd I have laying around for backups.

That being said it is BIG. I personally wanted a full size tower but I can see where that would turn some people off. The hook on the side is great for holding gaming headset.

But the one of the advantages of a big case (and why I wanted one), is having more ambient air in the case allows for cooler temps. I plan on doing some custom work to the case (paint and such). But it's a great case and for the price it's totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWodarski View Post
    I've been using the case for a couple months now. It's probably one of my favorite cases ever. There's plenty of room in it for cable management, big graphics cards, and FOUR 200mm fans. The SATA dock on the top of it is handy for the 2tb hdd I have laying around for backups.

That being said it is BIG. I personally wanted a full size tower but I can see where that would turn some people off. The hook on the side is great for holding gaming headset.

But the one of the advantages of a big case (and why I wanted one), is having more ambient air in the case allows for cooler temps. I plan on doing some custom work to the case (paint and such). But it's a great case and for the price it's totally worth it.

Thanks for the insights on the MK-1, appreciate it.

I've been looking at this case just in the last few days. I really like my antec 1200, but having the hard drives face the mobo makes hiding cables for a lot of drives nearly impossible.

I like how the chaser's drive bay lets the cables exit straight out the back, but has openings to still let air pass through instead of being sealed like corsair's drive bays. The case has a lot of openings for wire management like corsair as well, something the 1200 could use more of (althoug it's far better than the 900 it replaced).

The integrated HDD dock looks great for using a spare internal drive for backups, instead of struggling with esata cables and powering the drive. Plus, plenty of airflow once you add in the optional fans (though they should have added a side fan standard).