Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half-Life 3

Half-Life 3

Nothing announced yet, but a game developer from another studio spotted a Valve employee wearing this shirt at a Seattle area party.

Half-Life 3 - is it coming? Do you care?

Re: Half-Life 3

If Valve gives us a console port then I will give up gaming forever!

BF3 Dino:
    i7 2600k, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, 8GB Corsair, X-25M 120GB, WD 300GB Raptor, 2xEVGA GTX570HD 2.5GB, X-fi Titanium, Antec 1200W.
    Monster: i7 930, MSI X58 Platinum, 9GB Corsair, WD 74GB Raptor, WD 2TB, Palit GTX460 1GB, PCP&C 750W.
    Beast: AMD4400+, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, 2GB Corsair, 2x 1TB WD Green Raid0, 2TB WD Green, KFA2 9600GT, Dynex 500W.
    Relic: Intel P4 3.2GHz, Asus P4SD-LA, 1.5 GB PC2700, 160GB WD, 120GB Maxtor, ATI 9600Pro, Dynex 500W.

Quote Originally Posted by tjdehya View Post
    If Valve gives us a console port then I will give up gaming forever!
    Hmm. Good point. I don't think Valve will do that. Portal 2 was released for the PC along with the consoles and it was a great game with no signs of console port syndrome.

If you read the internet you know that Valve is always right and never makes mistakes.

That being said, I am looking forward to Half Life 3 when it releases.

...wait, what about HL:Episode 3 first? lolol
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Uh, looks like a shirt, I see no game where there should be one.

excellent. Now that they've got the shirts made, that means we've only got about 4 years until release!

I remember my first semi-legit graphics card.. it was a 9600XT and it came with a free HL2 voucher. I had that voucher sitting in a drawer for like.. 2 years before I got to use it, but when I did I got the whole back catalog too. pretty sweet

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    excellent. Now that they've got the shirts made, that means we've only got about 4 years until release!

I remember my first semi-legit graphics card.. it was a 9600XT and it came with a free HL2 voucher. I had that voucher sitting in a drawer for like.. 2 years before I got to use it, but when I did I got the whole back catalog too. pretty sweet
    Valve's workflow process
    1 - Make shirts
    2 - wait 4 years
    3 - ????
    4 - release game!

Yeah, the Half-Life games hold a special place in my heart. They're all pretty cool.

The first Half Life was the first FPS I ever played on pc. From the very first scenes when I was riding the tram into Black Mesa, I knew I was hooked on that style gameplay from then on.
    We live in awkward times… too late to vote and too early to start shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    The first Half Life was the first FPS I ever played on pc. From the very first scenes when I was riding the tram into Black Mesa, I knew I was hooked on that style gameplay from then on.
    Same here. Half Life was how I got hooked on PC gaming.

BF3 Dino:
    i7 2600k, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, 8GB Corsair, X-25M 120GB, WD 300GB Raptor, 2xEVGA GTX570HD 2.5GB, X-fi Titanium, Antec 1200W.
    Monster: i7 930, MSI X58 Platinum, 9GB Corsair, WD 74GB Raptor, WD 2TB, Palit GTX460 1GB, PCP&C 750W.
    Beast: AMD4400+, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, 2GB Corsair, 2x 1TB WD Green Raid0, 2TB WD Green, KFA2 9600GT, Dynex 500W.
    Relic: Intel P4 3.2GHz, Asus P4SD-LA, 1.5 GB PC2700, 160GB WD, 120GB Maxtor, ATI 9600Pro, Dynex 500W.

http://i.imgur.com/BjfCI.jpg

Half Life 3 announcement tomorrow? Or will it be Meet the Pyro?

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post

yup, and other than the graphics, I still t hink the game play is one of if not the best out there....been hooked since 99 man thats a long time ago!

Quote Originally Posted by CTUnit1 View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/BjfCI.jpg

Half Life 3 announcement tomorrow? Or will it be Meet the Pyro?
    Well, it has been... oh, FIVE YEARS since Episode 2, so I guess we're due for a new Half-Life game.

Things I hope this announcement is not:
    - Related to DOTA 2
    - Related to Counter-Strike: GO
    - Announcing Valve has been acquired by EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Take-Two, GameStop, Best Buy or some other crappy company who would ruin Steam by putting movies and crap on it and other crap.

There was a buddy in my old EVE Online clan who was an IT guy at EA. He told me inside stuff. Not anything important. For example, the first Dead Space was originally supposed to be System Shock 3. Anyway, he told me that EA and Valve were in talks about EA acquiring Valve around 2002-2003. I guess EA's asking price was low and Gabe told them to hit the bricks.

Valve is really the last really cool independent PC developer. I know "Steam is evil" and all that, but let's look at their contemporaries:
    - Epic Games - now making console games, who cares.
    - BioWare - owned by EA.
    - Blizzard - "merged" with Activision.
    - Bethesda - Still indie, but ZeniMax is basically a mini-EA at this point. And ZeniMax is owned by a super shady Wall Street private equity firm and we all know how we feel about those bastards.
    - id Software - Owned by ZeniMax, and after the generic sci-fi middle of the road stuff that was RAGE, I don't know if John Carmack and company will ever be relevant in PC gaming.

That leaves Valve, who is sort of a big player with Steam. But, if you compare the total games industry and all the billions of dollars, Steam and Valve are still small fries. So, I'm hoping tomorrow's announcement isn't Valve is being bought by EA or something. Activision would probably be the better bet. They have the more cash-on-hand and EA buying Valve would negate any need for Origin.

I don't know if any of that was warranted. I'm on my second brandy and coke tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post

I don't know if any of that was warranted. I'm on my second brandy and coke tonight.
    God does that sound good right now!

I still haven't finished either of the first two yet. I got rid of my copy of the first (got bored on my way down to the second level), but I'm busy playing the second again. For the second time I'm getting bored during the river-boat bit, which is where I gave up first time.

Just not my style of came I'm afraid.

M