OMG someone GUIDE ME! Asus G74SX-BBK8

Hi all!

A friend got from best buy the Asus G74SX-BBK8 which has 8GB of ram, an core i7 2670QM cpu and two 500GB hard drives.

I want to help the friend up grade the unit to a 750GB hard drive plus a OCZ vertex 3 240GB primary drive and upgrade the ram to 12GB.

The two older hard drives will go in a hard drive enclosure so as to create a back up solution.

Is my plan OK? The problem is the friend is in California and I'm in New York. The person isn't tech savvy and will probably have to go to bestbuy whom will probably charge a lot of money for this upgrade.

Or is there another Asus G74SX they could exchange this unit for which would have similar specs?

What should I do?

Re: OMG someone GUIDE ME! Asus G74SX-BBK8

The G74 is very user friendly and there is a simple cover to access the hard drives. Simply have your friend replace the hard drives and then reinstall the OS. The laptop has a Windows Home Premium 64bit license with key on the bottom so you can download any Windows 7 HP ISO. There should be a driver disk with the laptop, if not all drivers can be found at support.asus.com.