Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    to find the amp rating of the 12 volt line on your psu, just look at the sticker on the side of it. 350watts is the psu's total power rating adding the 3.3v, 5v, and 12v lines together. if it is an enermax psu, go to the enrmax website and look up your model number. all the info you require will be there. you might want to look for a ham radio power supply for the pelts. it will be more expensive (~$100) but is more suited for use with pelts then a compter psu.
    burzmali

should i be running the cold water to the video card first or the cpu??

ok its like this...i suppose im going to buy a seperate 30 amp ps..ive already got a seperate 12 amper runnin my fans..sheesh!
    more and more questions though! will i want to prime my pump first ?? also would a fan pushing or a fan pulling on the radiator cool it better??
    plus all the previous questions..hehe im getting a wee bit ahead of the experts i see

hey burzmali..or anyone else..im not an electrician but i just looked into that ham radio 30 amper..sheesh 150 bucks..but if i go with one..how do i connect the pelts. i read that it has 3 connectors 1 positive power 1 negative power and a ground??whats that all about?

ha i found another a little cheaper..is 25 amp enough?? i noticed it says 500 watts and someone else told me i needed only 350 to run em.. take a look

• Perfect for Home, Shop and Hobbyist
    • Built-in Cooling Fan
    • Input: 115V AC, 60Hz, 500 Watts
    • Output: 6~15V DC(Adjustable)
    • 22 AMP Constant/25 AMP Surge
    • Powers 6~15V DC Devices such as Cellular Phones, CB Radios, Scanners, HAM Radios, Autosound Systems, etc.
    • Screw Terminal Connectors
    • Crowbar Over Voltage Protection
    • Electronic Overload Protection w/ Auto Reset
    • Short Circuit & Thermal Protection
    • Fuse Protected
    • LED Condition Indicators
    • 3 Prong Grounded AC Plug
    • Heavy Duty Cabinet & Heatsink with Anti–Skid Rubber Feet
    FACTORY SEALED UNDER FULL WARRANTY. WEIGHS APPROX. 20lbs $14.00 S&H.SELLS FOR OVER $200 GREAT BUY!!!

is this what im looking for?

ok one more question and ill give everyone time to answer..(if anyone does )
    now that i think of it im going to be running a lot of things..in which order am i even supposed to turn stuff on??
    water pump?
    power supply for pelts??
    power supply for fans??
    computer??

sheesh..

HELP HELP

Exclamation try watercooling

check out the article on the home grown water cooler system $125 - $155 that's discussed at www.tomshardware.com there is also a link to a site that sells kits.
    rmac

your power on order looks ok to me. i turn my pump on first and then my cpu (w/fans). could you give me a link to that power supply? it looks like its got variable voltage, which would be good. i think your 156 watt TEC is rated for 16.1 amps, right? and you are only using that one? if this is true, then that power supply would be fine. that PSU is only rated for a constant draw of 22 amps, not 25, so you prpably wouldn't want to run another big TEC off of it, you only have 7 more watts after that first TEC. did you already buy the water blocks and pump? if not,then i highly recommend you go with the dangerden maze2-1 waterblock. it is designed to hold a pelt securely to the block an then the whole assembly is attached to the motherboard with screws. i use the regular maze2 without pelts and it is awesome. the pump i am using is an outdoor fountain pump i got at OSH for about $60. it is designed to pump alot of water really far, like 12 or 15 feet straight up. it is very good. i don't know about water cooling the video card. I have never done that. maybe try it like this:
    1. from pump to T connector
    2. from one end of T to the cpu
    3. from other end of T to the gpu
    4. from cpu to another T connector
    5. from gpu to the second T connector
    6. from the second T connector to the reservoir.
    7. the pump is in the resrvoir.

um, i guess that is all i can think of right now.
    burzmali

so you dont think i should run from one block to the other?? you think i should use t connectors?? i would think that would restrict flow a bit?? but then again the other way would give higher temps to what ever came second. also im going to use the danger den radiator..the 55 dollar cube one..do you think that will be enough to cool the water with both pelts?? yes ive already got the blocks on the way..but they do screw down! and for the ps are you talking about the 25 amper?? i only want that if i can run both pelts off it?/ yeesh my rooms gonna draw some power eh? if you go on ebay and search 25 amp power supply its the only one so..thats where i found it>....the pump im getting is the one that comes with the blizzard resevoir at overclockershideout..so will that one be enough for my stuff?? please take a look and let me know cause i want to make sure.....
    i dont want to buy all this stuff thats capable of doing twice as good as ill have it doing. earlier in this thread i have the setup im getting and where im getting it from if you want to take a look..i know i have a crapload of questions but i dont want to kill anything because already within the first 4 months of building this computer ive already killed 2 axia 1.33's and 2 ka266rs..so i dont want to try watercooling and kill something else ..... however i do want extreme speed.. speaking of ..with that setup what temps would i be looking at and in what range of speed would i be looking at??
    thank a ton man

oh yeah and before i install the pelts...(i wanna go step by step)
    im gonna run the water cooling setup! is there a condesation issue with just a water cooling setup??
    thanks again

lord smack you out there??
    is anyone?? help? i feel retarded !!

hey would just plain water cooling without a pelt on the video card cool it a suffiecient amount more than air?? also i know you guys can answer all my questions but i still need some help about which order to run stuff!

im gonna cry
    cant noone help me?

relax

I would like answers to alot of the same questions you do. I am sure someone will reply to this sometime tonight, you must remember alot of these guys have Jobs and only post in the evenings

Al
    iwill kk266
    tbird 1000 @ 1720 (9.5x181)
    256 mg OCZ pc-180 cas 2 2-2-2
    gforce2 mx400 64mb
    OCZ Gladiator w/delta fan
    western dig 20gb ata100
    windows 2000 pro
    lite-on FS020 case w
    2 120x38mm sunon high flow
    2 120x25mm sunon high flow
    1 80x25mm sunon high flow
    Enermax 650w power supply
    Case 22c
    CPU 33c running seti
    AMDMB.com Seti@home team

true true...why have you water cooled before or are you looking into it? i have to have the best of the best thats the way i am so i want everything to work to 100% of its potential..(and look good )
    and ive never done it before...so i know the manditory things but nothing in detail..