Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

2012 gas prices, oh boy..

Well here we go. From Orange County Gas Buddy.
    http://www.orangecountygasprices.com...489/index.aspx
    $4 gas coming this spring, nearing $5 in some cities by summer

Los Angeles Times -- Maybe you'll want to start salting away money for 2012 fuel costs now. Get ready to see $4-a-gallon
    gasoline in various parts of the U.S. sometime this spring, according to one prediction. Another prediction says that some
    of the nation's biggest cities -- such as Chicago, Los Angeles and New York -- will see record Memorial Day averages of
    $4.55 to $4.95 for a gallon of regular gasoline.

The predictions come from two sources. One is the Oil Price Information Service in New Jersey, which provides the daily
    averages for the AAA Fuel Gauge Report, using retail receipts from more than 100,000 retail outlets across the U.S.
    My Sis and her husband went to Laughlin last week. She said at
    Needles Arco, gas was 3.95 a gal. They slipped over to the Az
    side and found 76 gas at 3.13 a gal ! What a racket Ca runs on
    gas. It's not only the weird additives Ca reqs, but the taxes on
    a gal are obscene.

What are your prices at in your areas. I realize those outside the
    U.S. would gladly pay this price for their gas, but I'd like to hear
    whats the price around your parts.
    Last edited by no2guncntrl; 01-16-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Re: 2012 gas prices, oh boy..

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx <- Good way to see all the gas prices around the country.

I just paid $3.40 here. We have a lot of state taxes on gasoline too.

Paid $3.07 last night here...for premium. According to Gas Buddy, Colorado Springs is the 7th cheapest city in the nation right now for gas. This is good, since our roads are now of third world quality, I can use the money I save on gas to put towards a suspension repair fund.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Not that this would have solved things..but hey..less risk for oil? Cheaper gas

http://conservatives4palin.com/2012/...their-oil.html

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Paid $3.07 last night here...for premium. According to Gas Buddy, Colorado Springs is the 7th cheapest city in the nation right now for gas. This is good, since our roads are now of third world quality, I can use the money I save on gas to put towards a suspension repair fund.
    I'm coming to Colorado to buy gas.

^^^Actually, if you buy $100 worth of groceries at our local grocery store, you get another 10 cents a gallon off. I think the discount stops at 35 cents a gallon, but you'd have to buy $1,000 worth of groceries in a month to get that.

http://www.kingsoopers.com/myKingSoo.../loafnjug.aspx

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

King Soopers? That's a hiliarious name for a grocery store. The big chain around here is called "Pick n' Save" which I guess isn't any better. My favorite name for a grocery store is the one in the South called "Harris Teeter".

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    King Soopers? That's a hiliarious name for a grocery store. The big chain around here is called "Pick n' Save" which I guess isn't any better. My favorite name for a grocery store is the one in the South called "Harris Teeter".
    Don't want to drag it too far off topic, but I always laugh when I hear/see "Price Chopper" as the name of a supermarket chain in pennsylvania

I'm glad my commute is so short, because $5 gas will be excruciating otherwise. That will seriously put a brake on the economic recovery

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

$5 a gallon??!! I'm glad I'm retired and don't have to commute every day.
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Yeah, I hate the name. They should just call it Kroger's, as that's what it is anyway.

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Election season is in full swing... the question is if gas prices will drop come fall like they did during 2008 elections...

I'm glad $30 worth of gas fills my car up...

I could never figure what the Piggly Wiggly store name was about.

What did they do ? try to butcher the hogs as they came flying the
    doors or what...

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter256 View Post
    Election season is in full swing... the question is if gas prices will drop come fall like they did during 2008 elections...

I'm glad $30 worth of gas fills my car up...
    Yeah, I'm sure Obama will turn the giant "gas dial" in his office and drop gas down to $2.00 so he'll get reelected. Because that's how the price of gas works.

Heres an interesting chart that shows a relationship between gas prices and unemployment

http://politicalcalculations.blogspo...f-gas-and.html

The guy that created the chart may be misunderstood somwhat by folks that look for an understandable cause and effect. We reason to ourselves...how can gas prices rising cause unemployment? I think its a at least two step process. Rising gas prices...high gas prices...to varying degrees...inhibit our ability to spend on other things. That lack of spending causes all sorts of businesses to cut jobs as a response to a business fall off. You can see the double whammy effect as the associated number of unemployed begins a dominoe effect ..so to speak. GDP falls as unemployment increases...not in a predictable smooth graph line but indeed it does fall.
    I believe much of the promised impact of the stimilus was wiped away by rising gas prices.
    Lets face it...the typical family spent roughly 1000 more on gasoline this past year. Something had to give: Consumer spending.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Heres an interesting chart that shows a relationship between gas prices and unemployment

http://politicalcalculations.blogspo...f-gas-and.html

The guy that created the chart may be misunderstood somwhat by folks that look for an understandable cause and effect. We reason to ourselves...how can gas prices rising cause unemployment? I think its a at least two step process. Rising gas prices...high gas prices...to varying degrees...inhibit our ability to spend on other things. That lack of spending causes all sorts of businesses to cut jobs as a response to a business fall off. You can see the double whammy effect as the associated number of unemployed begins a dominoe effect ..so to speak. GDP falls as unemployment increases...not in a predictable smooth graph line but indeed it does fall.
    I believe much of the promised impact of the stimilus was wiped away by rising gas prices.
    Lets face it...the typical family spent roughly 1000 more on gasoline this past year. Something had to give: Consumer spending.
    Yea, I was thinking about this earlier but didn't make a comment, so I'm glad you did. I think its fairly clear that to at least some extent high gas prices helped precipitate the 2008 crash. House prices were so high that people were straining under their mortgages with tight budgets, then gas hits a record high. For most people the gas is a fixed cost because of their long commutes, so the house actually has to go before the gas if they want to keep their jobs. then you get your domino effect like you're talking about.

I think we're seeing the impact of the oil economy coming to a crossroads. They either can't pump the stuff out of the ground fast enough or the producers know that the fields won't last too much longer at the higher rates necessary. I see it at work: petrochemical prices are way up across the board, from surfactants/detergents to polymers and its not going to stop anytime soon

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present