Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 gas prices, oh boy..

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    You're payin' about a buck less than we are here in California. The new deal... electric gas price signs... easier to change, and quicker.

Correct me here, but I heard Obambi sayin' this gas price hike stuff happens every year around this time. Maybe my memory sucks, but doesn't it usually happen closer to the Summer? It seems like its earlier this year than years past.
    Nope. At least in comparing this year to last BO is most definitely right. According to my gas fillup records (Acar android app is awesome!) that go back to January '11, gas started rising the beginning of February last year. Of course the excuse then was the Libya thing. As a matter of fact, up until this last week, gas was cheaper this year for us in Colorado than last year, even taking Libya into account then.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Nope. At least in comparing this year to last BO is most definitely right. According to my gas fillup records (Acar android app is awesome!) that go back to January '11, gas started rising the beginning of February last year. Of course the excuse then was the Libya thing. As a matter of fact, up until this last week, gas was cheaper this year for us in Colorado than last year, even taking Libya into account then.
    Ah... do you know when it peaked last year? Ya have me curious.

I think printing money might have more than a little to do with it.

You debase your currency and stuff ain't so cheap any more.

The average..

President Obama's Energy Lies Necessarily Skyrocket

"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, [energy prices] would necessarily skyrocket. Even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad. Because I’m capping greenhouse gases, coal power plants, you know, natural gas, you name it — whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was... [t]hey will pass that money on to consumers."

--Barack Obama, 1 November 2008

He can run, he can hide, he can evade, and he can blame Bush. But Barack Obama's promises to de-industrialize America live on. In fact, he should proudly campaign in front of a "Mission accomplished" banner.

This graph depicts gas prices since the election of President Subprime McDowngrade.

I wouldn't worry, though. Perhaps the Chinese will sell us gas from our own continent.

Related: Diagramming President Obama's Energy Lies. Chart: GasBuddy.com.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Ah... do you know when it peaked last year? Ya have me curious.
    My most expensive tank was on May 10, 2011. It was $3.87 a gallon for premium. May 24 was $3.84. Figure .20 less for regular as that's what the difference usually is. On July 1 it was down to $3.60 for premium. Oh and on March 20, 2011 I paid $3.50 a gallon, so $3.30 for regular. Now the cheapest place is $3.45 in town with a few days to go still before the 20th.

EDIT: Just looking through my fuel records and so far 2012 has just about mirrored the first 3 months of 2011's prices, almost to the penny. For instance I paid $3.27/gallon Feb. 23, 2011. On Feb. 24, 2012 I paid $3.28!
    Last edited by kbohip; 03-17-2012 at 05:25 PM.

^^^ Dang impressed by your tracking of what you pay for gas.

I imagine we're gonna be in this expensive fuel thing for awhile at least. I'm gonna plan on it hitting five bucks in May... hope that's wrong.

^^^ Dang impressed by your tracking of what you pay for gas.

I imagine we're gonna be in this expensive fuel thing for awhile at least. I'm gonna plan on it hitting five bucks in May... hope that's wrong.
    Yeah, if it follows the same track as it did last year, we're pretty screwed until at least the end of May. Even longer probably, as it made the biggest drop from June 19 to July 1, and it was a big one from $3.79 to $3.59.

As far as my super anal tracking of fuel costs go? I use an Android app called Acar to track all of my car's expenses. If you have an Android phone or tablet, get this app!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ker.acar&hl=en

^^^ Then I'd know enough to get scared!!!

Heck, when gas prices are high, I fill up at half a tank to keep things under fifty bucks. It keeps me sane.

I really like this parlor magic. How to appear to be all in for Keystone and at the same time tell them to shove their bigger plan.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/20...e-battle-rages

Cant you just imagine Johnny Carson's old character Art Fern trying to sell this hocus pocus?

^^^ He tends to take credit for stuff he didn't do and blames others for stuff he did do.

Carson's skits certainly fit.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    I really like this parlor magic. How to appear to be all in for Keystone and at the same time tell them to shove their bigger plan.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/20...e-battle-rages

Cant you just imagine Johnny Carson's old character Art Fern trying to sell this hocus pocus?

"Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS CROSSHAIR Atholn 64 X2 6400+ - Liquid Cooled
    A/V Mastering & Processing - ASUS A8N32-SLI Opteron 180
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

Saudi Oil Minister..talks about supply

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...ortage-supply/

I guess I missed where he said: Oil is too high..we will begin selling it for a flat 100 per bbl...there is no reason to punish the western world with the possibility of Iran shipping problems sue to US sanctions. We will make immediate downward price adjustments daily of needed.

Oh and let me add. This is why I questioned Obama and his show and tell visit to oil country. It has nothing to do with him..and headlines like this are a deliberate misdirection if not an out and out lie:

Source: Obama to fast track southern portion of Keystone XL Pipeline
    Link Search: IceRocket, Google, and Ask
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 03-21-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Gotta remember not to log out so I can miss the cottonpicken cherry picking.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    The average..

This graph depicts gas prices since the election of President Subprime McDowngrade.

President Obama's Energy Lies Necessarily Skyrocket

My favorite analysis on the partisan voices trying so hard to spin this...
    Are Gas Prices The President's Fault? Fox News Contradicts Itself Playing The Blame Game

Published March 20, 2012

By Huw Evans

With gas prices steadily rising over the last few months and the U.S. facing an election year, the topic has once again become highly politicized.
    Republicans have been eager to attack the Obama administration, citing government “over regulation” and the president's alleged disdain for free market policies as a major reason for continued sluggish economic growth and high gas prices.
    Some, notably GOP candidate for nomination and former House speaker Newt Gingrich, have even talked about a plan to “fix” gasoline at $2.50 per gallon to help ease the burden for average Americans.

The message says, if elected, Gingrich would boost domestic oil production, by opening up off shore drilling, building the Keystone pipeline and reducing red tape.
    Not surprisingly its been a hot topic on Fox News, which has also been harping about the fact that gas was at $1.79/$1.83/$1.84 (etc.) per gallon when Obama was elected and has many from the right now trying to figure out why the president is to blame for the rise in prices.

According to this recent reporting, it’s almost as if elected politicians have some amazing ability to control worldwide demand for oil.

If Fox can’t seem to make its mind up exactly what the price of gas was when Obama was sworn in and appears to support such political gas price “influencing” measures, it stands to reason the network has little chance of fostering any credible arguments regarding the current situation with gas prices.
    Contrast this with 2008, when gas prices were around $4 per gallon and you get a rather different message, dare we say credible reporting from Fox in some cases, as this medley compiled by Media Matters, and noted by TreeHugger illustrates:

The message Fox has on again/off again observed is overwhelmingly clear: no president has the power to influence gas prices in light of a complex geopolitical climate and myriad other market forces affecting supply and demand. One thing that can be done to influence the price of gas is for the population to collectively make an effort to use less fuel. And isn’t that what current government policy (at least in theory) is trying to do?

^^^ Surprise, surprise... scroll down to the 9th comment, from a Hybrid Cars guy:
    ...And actually, Media Matters is the one that put together the real documentation.
    Yeah, gas prices, since Boosh left, are not in any way affected by el presidente. Why, he can shut down pipelines, cut off drilling on any federal lands he chooses, put regulations on fuel mixtures, permit or not permit refineries, but affect fuel prices? No. Those things have NOTHING to do with fuel prices. Just ask Media Matters. It was possible when Boosh was in office, but not anymore.

Pass the KoolAid.

Yeah Scooter... next time ya wanna show what happened on Obambi's watch, include other presidents. Use hockey stick thinkology!!

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Gotta remember not to log out so I can miss the cottonpicken cherry picking.

Has it been a month already? Guess I'm not blessed with being on your ignore list any more. Bummer.

The chart I posted was illustrating the price since your messiah took office. Pretty much only going in one direction.. up. Remember back when your party (including your messiah) were blaming bushy and all the criticisms you levied on them for their inaccurate claims? Oh wait... never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    My favorite analysis on the partisan voices trying so hard to spin this...
    A report based on video cobbled together from mediamatters. How utterly predictable. Remamber the bit mediamatters did when your party was in full spin mode?

Ya. Me neither.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper