Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Admiral Nelson

  1. #1
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Admiral Nelson

    Is Admiral Nelson rum a knockoff of Captain Morgan? Seems a bit obvious with the <Navy Rank> <Name>. Never heard of it until now.

    http://www.admiralnelsonsrum.com/ (+21)
    Last edited by Keven; 01-29-2012 at 02:21 AM.

  2. #2
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,090

    Re: Admiral Nelson

    yes. I think you see what they did there


    Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

  3. #3
    Joined
    Dec 2001
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Age
    53
    Posts
    302

    Re: Admiral Nelson

    Don't know about knocking off any rum but it's good to see he finaly got a promotion.


  4. #4
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: Admiral Nelson

    Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    yes. I think you see what they did there
    It even has a pirate man on the front of the bottle!

    Walmart's store brand Mountain Dew is called "Mountain Thunder". Their Dr. Pepper knockoff is something funny too. Like Dr. Jones or something.

    Edit: On the off-chance that Admiral Nelson somehow predates Captain Morgan, I did a trademark database search and it was first trademarked in 1987 whereas Wikipedia tells me that Captain Morgan goes back to 1944. Kinda funny.
    Last edited by Keven; 01-29-2012 at 02:50 AM.

  5. #5
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Age
    51
    Posts
    873

    Re: Admiral Nelson

    It's a bit sweeter than Capt. Morgan, and a lil' different in the spice flavor, but still pretty good tasting. And it's cheaper than the Cap'n. But you should get the Captain Morgan Private Stock, Very good, yum yum. Unless your tossing it in cola, then any would do.
    Last edited by frogmeat69; 01-29-2012 at 02:54 AM.

  6. #6
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: Admiral Nelson

    Quote Originally Posted by frogmeat69 View Post
    It's a bit sweeter than Capt. Morgan, and a lil' different in the spice flavor, but still pretty good tasting. And it's cheaper than the Cap'n. But you should get the Captain Morgan Private Stock, Very good, yum yum. Unless your tossing it in cola, then any would do.
    Usually I drink liquor + soda but now I've started drinking more and more straight up or cut with water if I don't want to get drunk too fast.

  7. #7
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Age
    51
    Posts
    873

    Re: Admiral Nelson

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Usually I drink liquor + soda but now I've started drinking more and more straight up or cut with water if I don't want to get drunk too fast.
    I haven't touched it in a year or two, been drinking just craft and homebrew beer as of late.

  8. #8
    Joined
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Obamaland
    Age
    37
    Posts
    9,532

    Re: Admiral Nelson

    I'm not sure if it's exactly a knock-off, we also have Sailor Jerry.

    Rum was once associated with pirates, life at sea etc.


    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum


    As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.



  9. #9
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: Admiral Nelson

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    I'm not sure if it's exactly a knock-off, we also have Sailor Jerry.

    Rum was once associated with pirates, life at sea etc.


    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
    I think it was because rum was distilled in the Caribbean and pirates were always hanging out down there.

  10. #10
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Kansas
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: Admiral Nelson

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Walmart's store brand Mountain Dew is called "Mountain Thunder". Their Dr. Pepper knockoff is something funny too. Like Dr. Jones or something.
    Not that it's important for the topic or anything, but as an avid knock-off pop drinker I wanted to elaborate on the naming.

    Mountain Dew = Mountain Lightning
    Dr. Pepper = Dr. Thunder
    Sprite = Twist Up

    None of them by itself tastes particularly like the product it is supposed to clone, but they are pretty good when viewed on their own merit. Nothing special, but passable drinks.

    Jones is a non-Walmart soda brand.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm becoming a dinosaur.

  11. #11
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: Admiral Nelson

    Quote Originally Posted by TBird761 View Post
    None of them by itself tastes particularly like the product it is supposed to clone, but they are pretty good when viewed on their own merit. Nothing special, but passable drinks.
    I agree. They're not particularly compelling when you compare them in a taste test to the genuine article but they're good on their own. I drink Coke Zero though so don't have Walmart soda often.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •