Video Card bottlenecking

I was thinking of upgrading my video card for now, but I was told that with my current setup I would not have the processing power to fully make use of the card. Any thoughts?

Re: Video Card bottlenecking

Quote Originally Posted by Petden View Post
    I was thinking of upgrading my video card for now, but I was told that with my current setup I would not have the processing power to fully make use of the card. Any thoughts?
    Depends on the card you are planning on upgrading to and what you are planning to do with it.

1) What video card are you looking at?
    2) What resolution?
    3) What games?

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Your Core 2 Quad at 3.2 GHz will have plenty of power to push any card on the market. If you are running at 1680x1050 and above with AA/AF enabled, then your CPU is not bottlenecking even the highest end card out there.

Sorry, I'm not sure why i didnt mention anything. I was thinking of getting a 7950, I would be playing BF3, MW3, maybe some mmo's, and running them at 1920x1080. I would like to run them at that resolution and maintain 60fps with more or less max settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Petden View Post
    Sorry, I'm not sure why i didnt mention anything. I was thinking of getting a 7950, I would be playing BF3, MW3, maybe some mmo's, and running them at 1920x1080. I would like to run them at that resolution and maintain 60fps with more or less max settings.
    BF3 MP will be the biggest challenge outta that list. Keep the quality settings to med~high and you should be able to pull it off with good steady rates using a 7950.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper