Computer Freeze Up

Past problem with Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G V8.2 with 4 port switch Router. I would not be able to connect to the router with my laptop because the it wasn't to be found with the desktop wired to the router. Would have to shut down the desktop for the wireless to show up. Do a reset on the router and it would be fine for a while the back to not showing up for the laptop if the desktop was booted up. Also I have been get freeze up while having more than one window open on the web and even with one window open running a youtube video the disktop would freeze up. As of now I am have to write this to a note pad to paste to the post because while writing to the thread I had a freeze up. I was not using a router but hooked up directly to the modem. So far no freezes while writing to a note pad.

I bought a new router,TRENDnet TEW-673GRU/A. Got it all hooked up the the desktop computer froze. Hard shut down and when it would get to windows boot up it would freeze. Unhook the lan form the router to computer and it would boot up into windows. Then hooked up again to the router the computer would freeze.

My mobo is a Asus A8V mobo with Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T adapter. The drivers are the latest.

I have run AVG PC Tuneup for the lan but I was having this problem before. Should I uninstall the adapter and re-install form the CD I have that came with the mobo. Could there be something in Local Service that Needs to be turned on? The only things I have turned off are or that are off/disabled.

Error Reporting Service
    Clipbook
    Net.TCP Port Sharing Service
    NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing
    Network DDE
    Network DDE DSDM
    Remote Desktop Help Session Manager
    Remote Registry
    Routing and Remote Access
    Telnet
    Wireless Zero Configuration

Thanks in advance for any and all help to solve the freeze up problem.
    Last edited by Clearwater; 02-14-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Re: Computer Freeze Up

I would try the adapter in another slot. Maybe that one is bad.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    I would try the adapter in another slot. Maybe that one is bad.
    I also thinking it is bad but this adaptor is built into the mobo. Before I buy a card would like to know if this one is, really bad or something that I have done that can be reversed.
    Last edited by Clearwater; 02-15-2012 at 03:40 AM.

oh, in that case, when that has happened to me, it was my motherboard going south.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    oh, in that case, when that has happened to me, it was my motherboard going south.
    That is what I am afraid of but I do have another motherboard of the same. If you had seen some of my post in other thread I am building another computer. I didn't entend to this soon but if if I have several window open on the web my ram load get real high and slows down the computer. I am only using 2 gigs of ram in dual channel and if I put in more the computer goes back to single channel. This computer by putting in the other motherboard will be a good backup or what ever. Might even give it away to a family member. What some them are running this one still runs circles around their's.

A8V with an Opteron 185

2-74GB WD Raptors

Got the desktop stable for now anyway, installed updated drivers and such. I can run to the modem and to the Linksys router but when I hook up to the Trendnet router (TEW-673GRU W/updated firmware) my computer freezes the second I start up a link. Tried disabling Kaspersky thinking it was the firewall but still freeze when hooked up to the trendnet router.