Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Joined
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    289

    Pat Buchanon dropped by MSNBC

    http://online.wsj.com/article/APbb8b...ad1efa7c2.html

    Bad decision. One of the few true conservatives left that doesn't believe in war mongering and Nation Building. I have always liked Pat because of his isolationist point of view (which coincides with mine).

    Matthews + Buchanon were the best commentators @ MSNBC, imo.

  2. #2
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,498

    Re: Pat Buchanon dropped by MSNBC

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Mania View Post
    http://online.wsj.com/article/APbb8b...ad1efa7c2.html

    Bad decision. One of the few true conservatives left that doesn't believe in war mongering and Nation Building. I have always liked Pat because of his isolationist point of view (which coincides with mine).

    Matthews + Buchanon were the best commentators @ MSNBC, imo.
    Mush Mouth?

    Even I, a known liberal, cannot agree that Mush Mouth Matthews is even in the top 10 on MSNBC. And Buchanan has been so irrelevant for so long that it doesn't even matter that he is gone.

    Best commentators on MSNBC, in this reporter's humble opinion:

    1) Rachel Maddow (She's a friggin Rhodes Scholar)
    2) Lawrence O'Donnell
    3) Chris Hayes
    4) Joe Scarborough

    and then a bunch of people I could care less about

    344) Ed Schultz
    345) Al Sharpton

    There you have it.

    Footnote: Mush Mouth Matthews has been trademarked elsewhere. I give credit to AMDScooter unless he got it from somewhere else
    Last edited by BlackDragon24; 02-17-2012 at 12:11 PM.

  3. #3
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: Pat Buchanon dropped by MSNBC

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Best commentators on MSNBC, in this reporter's humble opinion:

    1) Rachel Maddow (She's a friggin Rhodes Scholar)
    2) Lawrence O'Donnell
    3) Chris Hayes
    4) Joe Scarborough

    and then a bunch of people I could care less about

    344) Ed Schultz
    345) Al Sharpton
    Maddow? Really? I'll give smart liberals their due, and I think O'Donnell is a smart guy though I disagree with him on everything, but Maddow is a windbag. Maddow is the liberal equvalent of Sarah Palin.

    *audience starts booing*

    Let me explain. I'll grant that Maddow is much more educated that Palin, but I think Maddow represents to the left what Palin represents to the right. A quick-witty sassy commentator with a lot of things to say about the other side. Everything Maddow says is "blue meat" for the left.

  4. #4
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,498

    Re: Pat Buchanon dropped by MSNBC

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Maddow? Really? I'll give smart liberals their due, and I think O'Donnell is a smart guy though I disagree with him on everything, but Maddow is a windbag. Maddow is the liberal equvalent of Sarah Palin.

    *audience starts booing*

    Let me explain. I'll grant that Maddow is much more educated that Palin, but I think Maddow represents to the left what Palin represents to the right. A quick-witty sassy commentator with a lot of things to say about the other side. Everything Maddow says is "blue meat" for the left.
    LOL, well, it also happens to be true, which gives it that extra zing. And also explains why conservatives hate her so much....because girl can get her point across and does it well. The first 15 minutes of her how are the best thing on cable news right now.

    I'll just pretend you didn't compare her to Sarah Palin. I have more respect for you than what you just demonstrated in that post. Let's just pretend it didn't happen. You are way smarter than that.

  5. #5
    Joined
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    289

    Re: Pat Buchanon dropped by MSNBC

    "Hardball" and "Morning Joe" are the only segments of MSNBC I can stand to watch.

  6. #6
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: Pat Buchanon dropped by MSNBC

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    I'll just pretend you didn't compare her to Sarah Palin. I have more respect for you than what you just demonstrated in that post. Let's just pretend it didn't happen. You are way smarter than that.
    Well, didn't mean to upset you but I think Palin tingles the conservative brain in the same spot where Maddow tingles the liberal brain. My two cents.

  7. #7
    Joined
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In the charred ruins of Ascalon
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,666

    Re: Pat Buchanon dropped by MSNBC

    I can think of few greater horrors then finding out I'm employed by MSNBC AND have to show up there.

    Although I suppose being employed by MSNBC and not having to show up for work would still be pretty good.

  8. #8
    Joined
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,438

    Re: Pat Buchanon dropped by MSNBC

    Chris Matthews? Really?

  9. #9
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: Pat Buchanon dropped by MSNBC

    Not to speak ill of the dead, but I always used to get Chris Matthews and Tim Russert confused. They both work for NBC News, were always on MSNBC, I think they kinda look like.

  10. #10
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,498

    Re: Pat Buchanon dropped by MSNBC

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Well, didn't mean to upset you but I think Palin tingles the conservative brain in the same spot where Maddow tingles the liberal brain. My two cents.
    Fair enough....in that aspect, sure.

    In a debate? I don't think Palin could get out of the room without crying.

  11. #11
    Joined
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    5,755

    Re: Pat Buchanon dropped by MSNBC

    watching any MSNBC political show is less pleasant than stepping in dog crap.

  12. #12
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,515

    Re: Pat Buchanon dropped by MSNBC

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Maddow tingles the liberal brain.


    That tingling you hear is the wind chime in Maddows head...

    Actually it must be the tingling in MushMouths legs when hes hot to trout with the Princess.

  13. #13
    Joined
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    5,755

    Re: Pat Buchanon dropped by MSNBC

    Maddow reminds me of that old SNL character PAT always in the back of our minds wondering if its a boy or a girl the neck on that beast is scary!

  14. #14
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,682

    Re: Pat Buchanon dropped by MSNBC


  15. #15
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    13,817

    Re: Pat Buchanon dropped by MSNBC

    MSNBC? That thing is still on the air? Really?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •