Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect 3

Re: Mass Effect 3

I felt ripped off paying full price for the second Mass Effect, will probably wait for ME3 for cheap.

I played some of the multiplayer with odog, mmettin and zman tonight via the demo. Not going to touch the single player until the full game comes out.

I think the multiplayer is kinda meh. Like I told those guys in ts, the whole thing feels like some EA executive was sitting in a board room and was like "Well, the Call of Duty sells good and it has multiplayer so we need multiplayer in the Mass Effect 3." Or they're attempting to curve used game sales by adding multiplayer so people aren't so quick to sell it back to GameStop.

For those out of the know, it's just 4-player co-op multiplayer against AI enemies. The objectives didn't seem particularly fun. Everybody says that ME3 combat is supposed to be better than ME1 and ME2, but the multiplayer felt like playing ME2 combat for 20 minutes at a time with no story. Also, the controls are terrible.

Just like the real attraction in BF3 is the multiplayer, I think the real attraction in ME3 will be the single player.

My two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    I played some of the multiplayer with odog, mmettin and zman tonight via the demo. Not going to touch the single player until the full game comes out.

I think the multiplayer is kinda meh. Like I told those guys in ts, the whole thing feels like some EA executive was sitting in a board room and was like "Well, the Call of Duty sells good and it has multiplayer so we need multiplayer in the Mass Effect 3." Or they're attempting to curve used game sales by adding multiplayer so people aren't so quick to sell it back to GameStop.

For those out of the know, it's just 4-player co-op multiplayer against AI enemies. The objectives didn't seem particularly fun. Everybody says that ME3 combat is supposed to be better than ME1 and ME2, but the multiplayer felt like playing ME2 combat for 20 minutes at a time with no story. Also, the controls are terrible.

Just like the real attraction in BF3 is the multiplayer, I think the real attraction in ME3 will be the single player.

My two cents.
    no doubt about that, ME3 is a singleplayer game. The multiplayer was "ok" at best... underwhelming, kind of boring and simple. I imagine that there will be a lot more options in the retail release, so I can't judge it on the beta alone. maybe they'll have a PvP mode (like vs on L4D) instead of just humans vs bots. The maps and objectives are pretty generic and lame. Its also got a very wonky difficulty curve. Its nearly impossible to beat a full level (10 waves of enemies) on the easiest difficulty with less than 3 people, which doesn't seem right at all. Still, it kept me entertained for a few hours here and it was a decent change of pace. I kind of liked playing as an adept, since Ive always played ME as a soldier. I don't think anybody was expecting world-beating MP out of bioware anyway.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

watch in 1080p
    Last edited by Lenny; 02-20-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: fixed youtube link

Trust me, I do science

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post

watch in 1080p
    Cool! Kinda short, but still cool.

Cool! Kinda short, but still cool.
    There is supposedly a longer version coming out tomorrow

****'in awesome video... me want that game. although my priorities right now are school work and helping my mom with the kids, id have to make time for this game lol

Full length is much better. Must watch in 1080P. Ho. Lee. Sheeet

Trust me, I do science

Full length is much better. Must watch in 1080P. Ho. Lee. Sheeet

Whoa, sent chills down my spine.

Where did everybody pre-order from?

Only two pre-order bonuses out there. If you pre-order from Origin, you get two extra weapons for single/multi-player. If you pre-order from GameStop, you get a cool set of heavy armor.

Where did everybody pre-order from?

Only two pre-order bonuses out there. If you pre-order from Origin, you get two extra weapons for single/multi-player. If you pre-order from GameStop, you get a cool set of heavy armor.
    amazon

Trust me, I do science

amazon
    Amazon also.

If the CD key works the same as it did for BF3, I'll just register it with origin on opening day, and download from Origin

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    Amazon also.

If the CD key works the same as it did for BF3, I'll just register it with origin on opening day, and download from Origin
    Did they give you the key before you got the physical copy?

Did they give you the key before you got the physical copy?
    well they guarantee release day shipping, but I ordered the digital edition and I'm assuming Matt did too. in the case of BF3 they just gave you the CD key on release day and you just smash it into origin

Trust me, I do science