Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Re: Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut
    Posted on April 5, 2012 by darklarke

An official press release went out today announcing how we are re-prioritizing the Mass Effect 3 post release content schedule to provide a more fleshed out experience for our fans. For many of you the “Extended Cut” will help answer some questions and give closure to this chapter of the Mass Effect story. Oh and it’s at no cost to you – the fan.

Here is a mini FAQ to help you understand what the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut is and isn’t:
    What can fans expect from the Extended Cut DLC?

For fans who want more closure in Mass Effect 3, the DLC will offer extended scenes that provide additional context and deeper insight to the conclusion of Commander Shepard’s journey.

Are there going to be more/different endings or ending DLCs in the future?

No. BioWare strongly believes in the team’s artistic vision for the end of this arc of the Mass Effect franchise. The extended cut DLC will expand on the existing endings, but no further ending DLC is planned.

What is BioWare adding to the ending with the Extended Cut DLC?

BioWare will expanding on the ending to Mass Effect 3 by creating additional cinematics and epilogue scenes to the existing ending sequences. The goal of these new scenes is to provide additional clarity and closure to Mass Effect 3.

When will the Extended Cut DLC be available?

Currently the Extended Cut DLC is planned for this summer, no specific date has been announced at this point.

Why are you releasing the Extended Cut DLC?

Though we remain committed and are proud of the artistic choices we made in the main game, we are aware that there are some fans who would like more closure to Mass Effect 3. The goal of the DLC is not to provide a new ending to the game, rather to offer fans additional context and answers to the end of Commander Shepard’s story.

So there you have it. Are we proud of the game we made and the team that made it? Hell yes. Are we going to change the ending of the game? No. Do we appreciate the passion and listen to the feedback delivered to us by our fans? Very much so and we are responding.

Summer is coming…

I'm telling you, they're just going to lop on an Animal House style ending.

Like this fanmade ending (ME3 spoilers):

"Liara became queen of the Asari!"

"Joker became Admiral of the fleet and had cyber babies with Eve"

"Garrus ate human food and died becuase he has dextro DNA"

Multiplayer Expansion for free...Maps, Characters, etc.

Don't know what to think yet...

Ok, so I didn't yet pickup ME3, but I did decide to pick up the first ME for $5.39 from Gamefly. I figure if I really like it I'll buy ME2 for the same price and also ME3 using my 50% off code from Origin. Woohoo, outdated graphics here I come.

So, I heard from a friend who freelances for a game site that anecdotally, EA/BioWare is making huge stacks of cash off the "consumables" in ME3 multiplayer. The Spectre pack and Veteran pack.

If they are making a lot of money off that stuff, I could see them biting the bullet and releasing the modified ending for free to silence the fans. Still, it doesn't sound like they'll be adding anything substantial or changing anything.

Kind of OT here but I just finished the first ME. Lol, I know, I'm WAY behind. Anyway, it was a great game, and I've already started ME2 after I imported my character from ME.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Kind of OT here but I just finished the first ME. Lol, I know, I'm WAY behind. Anyway, it was a great game, and I've already started ME2 after I imported my character from ME.
    Ah good. It's good you made it through the first one. It's a great game, but the combat is a bit rigid at times. It's all downhill from there because the combat is much better in ME2 and ME3.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Ah good. It's good you made it through the first one. It's a great game, but the combat is a bit rigid at times. It's all downhill from there because the combat is much better in ME2 and ME3.
    If by better you mean a lot more boring. chest-high wall syndrome is strong in ME2 and ME3. i found combat more of a chore in those two than in 1, even if the system was clunkier. It shows its age now but it was a much more robust system for its time relatively speaking.

ME3 must not have sold like EA wanted.. its only $30 on Amazon right now
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000796961

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    If by better you mean a lot more boring. chest-high wall syndrome is strong in ME2 and ME3. i found combat more of a chore in those two than in 1, even if the system was clunkier. It shows its age now but it was a much more robust system for its time relatively speaking.
    You are crazy. The combat in ME2/ME3 was basically Gears of War in space but its much better compared to KOTOR with guns in ME1.

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    ME3 must not have sold like EA wanted.. its only $30 on Amazon right now
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000796961
    Could be Amazon taking a loss on it. I got an email about that sale this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    You are crazy. The combat in ME2/ME3 was basically Gears of War in space but its much better compared to KOTOR with guns in ME1.
    What?! GoW is a blight on shooter game play! That sack of console crap came out and everybody and their mom needed chest high-walls with sticky cover. Not to mention the fact that ME3 does everything with 1 button, which makes it nearly impossible to run away from bad guys without sticking to a wall facing them.. allowing yourself to get shot to pieces. ME1's biggest weakness IMO was the inability to zoom in with weapons that your character wasn't trained on. At least ME2 had the good sense to prevent you from using them. I think I liked ME3's weapon system the best, trained on all guns but a recharge bonus for only carrying a couple.

Ultimately, the systems really don't vary that much outside of the power usage system, the thermal clips and the cover based system and none of them were perfect. I think I would have most preferred ME3 with multiple buttons (shift to run, space to enter cover), but as it is I think ME1 still had the most robust system. When playing it I never thought it got in the way.. it always worked as intended, which I absolutely cannot say about ME2/3

also, KOTOR was turn based.. I'm not sure how ME1 is at all similar

Trust me, I do science

The one thing I can definitely say about ME2 is that it screams console port. It's not a bad game, but I really don't understand the sky high reviews from just about every publication there was. I mean Hell, it was better reviewed than Skyrim? Really?

The one thing I can definitely say about ME2 is that it screams console port. It's not a bad game, but I really don't understand the sky high reviews from just about every publication there was. I mean Hell, it was better reviewed than Skyrim? Really?
    What don't you like about it?

I just don't like the controls. I don't like the W+spacebar to jump over small walls. I really don't like the inability to jump at all. I'm also not crazy about the whole press left shift, stop time, and have your squad mates take down the enemy with one of their powers. I find this completely takes me out of the game, but this is just a personal preference. The thing I dislike the most though is the computer hacking. I can't see the difference between the "code" as it's font is extremely tiny on my monitor. It was obviously designed to look great on a 50" lcd though. Overall, I like the game but it's definitely not one of the best I've played. I actually liked ME1 better. Having said that, I don't regret the $5 and change I spent for ME2 the least bit.

I just don't like the controls. I don't like the W+spacebar to jump over small walls. I really don't like the inability to jump at all. I'm also not crazy about the whole press left shift, stop time, and have your squad mates take down the enemy with one of their powers. I find this completely takes me out of the game, but this is just a personal preference. The thing I dislike the most though is the computer hacking. I can't see the difference between the "code" as it's font is extremely tiny on my monitor. It was obviously designed to look great on a 50" lcd though. Overall, I like the game but it's definitely not one of the best I've played. I actually liked ME1 better. Having said that, I don't regret the $5 and change I spent for ME2 the least bit.
    IIRC the "stop time" mechanic existed in ME1 as well. The computer hacking is pretty simply just pattern recogniction (i.e. line of orange, line of white, block of green). It was definitely far more "streamlined" (aka consolized) than ME1 though.

Trust me, I do science

Mostly I have just minor complaints from the series so far. The stories pretty good and the game keeps me coming back to play it so in the end that's all that matters. I will say it's been pretty cool being able to play through the whole series at once.