Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Re: Mass Effect 3

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/4825495/1

Cool Windows program which lets you calculate which squad mates would survive the final mission in ME2.

I loved the endgame in ME2 where you had to assign different folks to do stuff. It was so much better than ME1 where you had a squad of dudes but at the final mission when you fought Saren, you took two guys with you and the rest just chilled on the ship.

I hope ME3 has something similar.
    was it really so hard to figure out that they needed to make a program
    I've never had anybody die on me, i guess the best application of this program would be to figure out who you wanted to kill, not save

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    was it really so hard to figure out that they needed to make a program
    I've never had anybody die on me, i guess the best application of this program would be to figure out who you wanted to kill, not save
    Ha! My first ME2 playthrough back when it first came out, everybody died except Mordin and Miranda. The final cutscene was a little sad, just Joker, Mordin and Miranda in the Normandy's cargo bay smiling at me. You think they'd me more concerned that I just got everybody killed. Of course, I did not do any of the loyalty missions except for Miranda's and I didn't do any upgrades to the Normandy on that first playthrough.

Garrus died first on that mission, and I did get a little choked up because I like Garrus. But when everybody started dying it was a little comical. That's party the reason I'm re-plaything through ME2 and all the DLC so I can have a much better save for ME3.

Also, Miranda's butt is obviously the best character in this game.

Also, Miranda's butt is obviously the best character in this game.
    its like the offspring of an eggplant and a golf-ball

Trust me, I do science

unlocked the game and played 30 min this morning, which was identical to the first part of the demo. glad to see the excruciatingly low resolution textures on everything but the characters heads are still there

Trust me, I do science

unlocked the game and played 30 min this morning, which was identical to the first part of the demo. glad to see the excruciatingly low resolution textures on everything but the characters heads are still there
    Gotta fit those textures on the Xbox 360 DVD disc.

Anybody have any troubles importing their ME2 save?

Yup, didn't like my custom femshep...

About 3 hours in so far, with an imported character. This time you don't start over from scratch.

Should I watch Archer?

Should I watch Archer?
    Yes. Yes you should!

And the worst part is that, unlike skyrim, you'll probably never be able to mod it with higher-res textures or anything like that
    None here, it accepted my "canon" character pretty readily. I had two identically named playthroughs to choose and i'm somewhat paranoid that I didn't pick the right one. I'm pretty sure, but since the decisions go all the way back to ME1 I can't be positive that the backstory is exactly the way I want it :\

Played several hours tonight and I'm enjoying it so far. the very beginning feels a bit claustrophobic in that you're going through a ton of cutscenes and the story is very linear, but then it opens up. I read a quick review ("wot I think" on rockpapershotgun) and now I'm a bit nervous. the author noted that certain missions time-out and that theres more compromises to be made throughout the whole course of the game. That was a small element of ME2 where delaying a certain mission would vary the outcome of the final mission slightly (i won't spoil it even if the statute of limitations may be passed), but apparently its bigger in this one. As someone who played the ME games more as a completionist i'm concerned that trying to do all the side-quests will have negative impacts on the main plot. i don't want to be punished for experiencing as much of the game as I can while still being the ultimate paragon-type guy. It kind of takes some of the fun out of simply exploring the galaxy and seeing everything if you're scared of doing it. I dunno, I'll probably go through this playthrough and then immediately decide I wanted to do things differently and play it again right away.. same thing happened with ME2.

So yea, I'm mostly enjoying it so far

Trust me, I do science

So you guys play as Paragon? I mostly play Renegade, but I don't do the most heinous stuff. I try to play the way Han Solo would. I'm a total and I kick guys out of buildings, but I don't do anything super terrible. I'm also nice to the ladies who I think may sleep with me.

Keen to play it at some point.

So you guys play as Paragon? I mostly play Renegade, but I don't do the most heinous stuff. I try to play the way Han Solo would. I'm a total and I kick guys out of buildings, but I don't do anything super terrible. I'm also nice to the ladies who I think may sleep with me.
    so keven plays like a jerk huh.. why am i not surprised

yea I play as paragon, but I don't let that stop me from throwing a few renegade interrupts in there.. after all, don't want to let the opportunity to kick somebody out of a building go to waste

Trust me, I do science

so keven plays like a jerk huh.. why am i not surprised

yea I play as paragon, but I don't let that stop me from throwing a few renegade interrupts in there.. after all, don't want to let the opportunity to kick somebody out of a building go to waste
    The renegade interrupts are the best. Kicking the guy out the window - the best! Electrocuting the guy working on the helicopter - the best! Shooting the hostage in the Shadow Broker DLC - classic!

Also, in ME2, Shepard's face scars get worse the more renegade you go. If you go like 100% renegade, his face is all scarred up and his eyes are totally evil.
    Last edited by Keven; 03-07-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Also, in ME2, Shepard's face scars get worse the more renegade you go. If you go like 100% renegade, his face is all scarred up and his eyes are totally evil.
    Yea, i kind of thought that was comically bad after a certain point. i kind of liked the little bit of scarring, but full-on renegade and you look like the terminator wearing an under-sized shepard mask.

The problem with the renegade interrupts is that I always want to do them because the results typically end up being hysterical, but I may be precluding myself from paragon interrupts in the same cutscene. probably more of an impact in ME3, where the whole point is to get people on your side.

Trust me, I do science