Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Re: Mass Effect 3

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    You're supposed to keep that kind of stuff to yourself
    Well, I don't play it anymore. I'm like a recovering alcoholic who goes to AA meetings to tell the drunks what he did at rock bottom as a cautionary tale!

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Shut up, EVE Online is awesome. I wasted two and a half years of my life absorbed in that game. Had 5 accounts going at one point. EVE is cool, it's like an archo-capitalist space simulator. You join giant corporations (clans) and over the little guy.

If anybody thinks I get too distracted playing Minecraft/old games from my Steam collection now, my addiction to EVE Online got to the point where I wouldn't shower or shave or do work or talk to humans. Great game, just playing it is hazardous to my health. I was using real money to buy in-game money to provide capital for my investment/manufacturing business so I was spending my real money on the game too.
    I'm speechless.. granted I'm not one to talk. I hit Rank 14 back in the day in WoW and have been in top 50 or top 100 WoW guilds for large portions of time and spent somewhere near 500 days played on that game. I just cannot see the allure of Eve... To me they took space combat mmo (awesome concept really wish jumpgate evolution would have came out) and ruined it by making it extremely technical and boring.

I'm glad you liked it though... everyones different..

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog View Post
    I just cannot see the allure of Eve... To me they took space combat mmo (awesome concept really wish jumpgate evolution would have came out) and ruined it by making it extremely technical and boring.
    That is what was good about it! It was extremely technical and hardcore! Space combat was almost entirely dependant on your ship setup. If you didn't have the right crap on your ship, you could be the best pilot in the galaxy but you would lose. And there wasn't just company, you could make lots of money running a business! Investing, manufacturing ships, ammo, space stations. You could make all sorts of glorious internet spaceship money!

Plus, it had its own political scene. There was 0.0 space which was uncontrolled by the devs or GMs or NPC police ships. It was controlled and claimed by different corporations (clans) which each where members of multi-clan alliances. Then, the alliances themselves formed coalitions. It was like a microcasm of real life politics. Ohhh, is the Northern Bloc going to set Goonsquad to red? Oh, did you hear, the Red Alliance declared war on KIA! It was just like if the world was run by internet nerds instead of real people.

Watch this cool fanmade video:

At the time, I was involved with a corp which was apart of Ethereal Dawn. We got our butts kicked

You could make all sorts of glorious internet spaceship money!
    Never before have I wanted to quote someone so bad in my sig....never before.

keep it on topic guys, we need to discuss more important things... like the soul crushing disappointment I've been experiencing in ME3 as a result of a distinct lack of Miranda's glorious golfball/eggplant derriere

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

keep it on topic guys, we need to discuss more important things... like the soul crushing disappointment I've been experiencing in ME3 as a result of a distinct lack of Miranda's glorious golfball/eggplant derriere
    Mordin and Miranda were the best new characters in ME2 (not including Zaeed the DLC guy). Sounds like they have a small role in ME3.

Mordin and Miranda were the best new characters in ME2 (not including Zaeed the DLC guy). Sounds like they have a small role in ME3.
    mordin has a very important role in ME3, though its not the same as in ME2. I just finished a part of the main-quest dealing with him last night and it was.. interesting. disappointing, but not because it was poorly done.

Trust me, I do science

God, bioware really is one of the best at creating an immersive world. All the little side conversations you can overhear. I had one just happen on the Normandy between Garrus and Vega, swapping stories and trying to one-up each other... it had me chuckling after every line.

Trust me, I do science

God, bioware really is one of the best at creating an immersive world. All the little side conversations you can overhear. I had one just happen on the Normandy between Garrus and Vega, swapping stories and trying to one-up each other... it had me chuckling after every line.
    Yeah, I hear that stuff is really good. Read in one review somewhere that the guy romanced Liara in ME1 and Tali in ME2 and put them both in his squad and they were like catty with each other on the mission and didn't like each other anymore. Good stuff.

Yeah, I hear that stuff is really good. Read in one review somewhere that the guy romanced Liara in ME1 and Tali in ME2 and put them both in his squad and they were like catty with each other on the mission and didn't like each other anymore. Good stuff.
    oh man thats fantastic! The interactions with your squad during down-time, either on the citadel or normandy are some of my favorites

Trust me, I do science

been playing multiplayer all today in order to boost my "galactic readiness rating". Its pretty tedious.. 10 waves of enemies with lame objectives... nothing fundamentally new from the beta, just different maps and enemies (get and reapers now too). its just so contrived.

I'm also getting nervous, I'm hearing that the SP ending is a humongous let-down

Trust me, I do science

I'm also getting nervous, I'm hearing that the SP ending is a humongous let-down
    It is

I've played 3 hours so far. I like it, but haven't played enough to form any coherent opinions yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    It is
    At this point I've basically thrown away all pretense of preserving the ending for myself. The outrage across the interwebs was too much to ignore. I'll still have to see for myself, but the ending sounds horrible. Decisions you've made throughout the entire series are basically meaningless, which completely destroys the whole beauty of the ME franchise. I'm eagerly awaiting bioware's Mea Culpa DLC where they change the ending.

Trust me, I do science

How are the loading times for you guys?

I see the loading screens (with the computer and the smoking cup of coffee) for maybe 2 seconds at the most. But, looks like those Xbox 360 load times are pretty terrible. I watched some vids, took like 45 seconds on one video.