Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Re: Mass Effect 3

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    How are the loading times for you guys?

I see the loading screens (with the computer and the smoking cup of coffee) for maybe 2 seconds at the most. But, looks like those Xbox 360 load times are pretty terrible. I watched some vids, took like 45 seconds on one video.
    super fast. its installed on my SSD. I don't see a loading screen for more than 5 sec typically, though occasionally i'll get one that seems like it hiccuped and take more like 10 sec.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

I see the loading screens (with the computer and the smoking cup of coffee) for maybe 2 seconds at the most. But, looks like those Xbox 360 load times are pretty terrible. I watched some vids, took like 45 seconds on one video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    super fast. its installed on my SSD. I don't see a loading screen for more than 5 sec typically, though occasionally i'll get one that seems like it hiccuped and take more like 10 sec.
    My install is on the SSD as well. My loading screens...I don't even notice

I don't have the full game, just the demo which is installed on my SSD. Loading screens come and go so fast I barely see them. It amazes me that people still try and play games like this on 6 year old crap like the 360. Of course that's also the reason this games graphics look so laughably bad on the pc. Seriously, I was actually laughing in disbelief when at the beginning of the demo I looked down from the tall building I was on to see the aliens running apparently sideways across a plaza. It was SO dated looking. It reminded me of playing on Nintendo way back in the 90's.

Well I finished the game. I gotta say I ended up enjoying it mostly. What bugged me is I bothered to do EVERYTHING save for multiplayer. My bar was all the way over, and it didnt seem to have ANY effect on the ending. Also the 2 choices at the end were utter crap and the actual ending was quick, weird, stupid, and disapointing.

Spacebar never stopped being annoying but I got used to everything else. I take back what I said about the stores too. I didnt realise you could access them from your ship once you unlock them. Not a bad feature.

Spoiler wise...

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Bearded Frog; 03-12-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    I don't have the full game, just the demo which is installed on my SSD. Loading screens come and go so fast I barely see them. It amazes me that people still try and play games like this on 6 year old crap like the 360. Of course that's also the reason this games graphics look so laughably bad on the pc. Seriously, I was actually laughing in disbelief when at the beginning of the demo I looked down from the tall building I was on to see the aliens running apparently sideways across a plaza. It was SO dated looking. It reminded me of playing on Nintendo way back in the 90's.
    Yeah, here's the scary thing: The Xbox 360 was orginially supposed to ship with 256 MB of RAM. Like a month before they started manufacturing the hardware for its release in Nov 2005, Epic Games showed Microsoft what Gears of War 1 would look like on the 360 with 256MB of RAM and what it would look like with 512MB of RAM, and Microsoft decided to eat the extra cost of 512MB of RAM.

512MB is a pittance today, of course, but can you imagine if it had 256MB? They would of had to come out with a new console by now, bad economy or not.

I got the super deluxe special edition and among the few other things it came with, it added two new casual outfits to Shepard's ward robe

Shepard hoodie:

Shepard's outfit for going to the bar (think this one is exclusive to the digital deluxe edition):

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog View Post
    Well I finished the game. I gotta say I ended up enjoying it mostly. What bugged me is I bothered to do EVERYTHING save for multiplayer. My bar was all the way over, and it didnt seem to have ANY effect on the ending. Also the 2 choices at the end were utter crap and the actual ending was quick, weird, stupid, and disapointing.

Spacebar never stopped being annoying but I got used to everything else. I take back what I said about the stores too. I didnt realise you could access them from your ship once you unlock them. Not a bad feature.
    Yea, space bar sucks.. even more in MP when theres people sneaking up behind you and you cant see or react to them properly because you're velcroed to the wall. I didn't use the stores all that much other than buying new fish and spaceship models but that doesn't mean I didn't like having the option
    Spoiler wise...

Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

But other than that this game has been fun to play.

Keven: you've got it backwards: the shepard hoodie is exclusive, the "shepard at the bar" one is not. I always use the default one, but you gotta love the ridiculous "shepard is kevin costner in waterworld"-esque outfit WTF is that?
    Last edited by Activate: AMD; 03-12-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Trust me, I do science

Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

Trust me, I do science

I always use the default one, but you gotta love the ridiculous "shepard is kevin costner in waterworld"-esque outfit WTF is that?
    Yeah, that one is garabage.

I just use the default one, but I did put on the dress uniform for one scene where you meet some important people.

Also, in my 3 hours or so, I encountered that new metallic squadmember. Kinda crappy.

Yeah, that one is garabage.

I just use the default one, but I did put on the dress uniform for one scene where you meet some important people.

Also, in my 3 hours or so, I encountered that new metallic squadmember. Kinda crappy.
    ha yea it does put on the dress uniform by default. I still can't help but crack up everytime I see that stupid outfit. its like... ever see those old screens of HL where the main character was Ivan the Space Biker? I just think of "shepard the space biker"

also, i thought this was a pretty cromulent ending possibility:

http://i.imgur.com/IYgpt.png

Trust me, I do science

ha yea it does put on the dress uniform by default.
    Does it? I am such a nerd, I figured Shepard would be dressed up for the fancy event so I ran up to the captain's quarters to put on the dress blues before the meeting anyway.

Sci-Fi + MMORPG/RPG = Winrar

ok... i don't think anyone who wants the "happy" ending wants ponies and ice cream. how about one that is something more like "sh-- is bad right now, but we're better off now than yesterday, and shepard gets to make little blue babies with Liara" rather than "uhhh, I guess this is better? Did I just win or lose?"

Spoiler!

Trust me, I do science