how much cpu to GPU

I have a q6600 Oced to 3.2

Right now i have a Gforce 460 factor OCed to 800 MHZ

4 gigs of DDR2 ram

Group instanced in swtor are next to unplayable due to low FPS.

Whats my best bang for buck upgrade wize. RAM is insanely expensive for ddr2 I was thinking 560 but I don't know if my processor whould not hold that back..

Any advice appreciated .

Re: how much cpu to GPU

Sounds more like a SWTOR issue than CPU and vid card. I know of people playing with essentially that combination and have no fps issues. In certain raids even high end hardware is struggling at times for no particular reason.

SWTOR, from what i've heard has a lot of issues right now. Im told that it opens two separate processes to try and increase performance however it wasnt codded properly actually cripples a lot of machines because it doesnt communicated well with each process.

I play another MMORPG instead, Rift, give it a go if you want, there's a free trial version of it, maybe you played it already. I had no problem with FPS or reliability issues in it. It's quite a good game, the developers did a very good job there.
    Last edited by 3dfxrain; 02-23-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glich View Post
    I have a q6600 Oced to 3.2

Right now i have a Gforce 460 factor OCed to 800 MHZ

4 gigs of DDR2 ram

Group instanced in swtor are next to unplayable due to low FPS.

Whats my best bang for buck upgrade wize. RAM is insanely expensive for ddr2 I was thinking 560 but I don't know if my processor whould not hold that back..

Any advice appreciated .
    CPU is largely largely irrelevant for graphics so you won't hold back a 560:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon...mance-review/9

Your CPU is far more powerful than the bottom of the barrel Athlon II they use in that review, and the Athlon II worked fine in all games.

For SWTOR:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3087-6.html

Looks to me like you need another 460, or a higher end card like a 570 or 6970.

Personally I'd get the 570 or 6970 and defray the cost by selling the 460. (it's always better to get a level of performance with a single GPU)

CPU does scale a lot with MMORGs, but:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3087-8.html

The lesson here is that any quad-core CPU, or any dual-core CPU faster than 2.5 GHz should be sufficient to run Star Wars: The Old Republic.
    So, you should be fine there.