Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

RIP Andrew Breitbart

Our resident lefties and "moderates" won't have anything nice to say about him, but I was sorry to see news regarding the passing of Andrew Breitbart.

If you made a list of the greatest conservative political activists in the past 5 years, Breitbart would have to be on it. I love how he took the Saul Alinsky tactics of the left and gave them a taste of their own medicine.

Re: RIP Andrew Breitbart

You know, he was poisoned because he was dangerous to the left.

All kidding aside and despite developing a moderate slant, it's too bad.

43 years is too young for anyone to die. Even a hot-head like Breitbart. I won't miss his lies and deceptive journalistic practices but I certainly feel awful for his family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    I won't miss his lies...
    That's a lie in itself. I challenge you to post a Brietbart lie.

He was too young to die and sadly he leaves behind a wife and four children.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    That's a lie in itself. I challenge you to post a Brietbart lie.
    Ok...off the top of my head...his promise not to show any more of the Weiner photos, followed by him showing the Weiner photos to people on the set of an interview he was doing.

Lemme know if you want a list.

Ok...off the top of my head...his promise not to show any more of the Weiner photos, followed by him showing the Weiner photos to people on the set of an interview he was doing.

Lemme know if you want a list.
    Seein' as how that isn't even a lie, yeah, I wanna see a list.

speaking of Anthony Weiner....

Seein' as how that isn't even a lie, yeah, I wanna see a list.
    Jeez. It'll be hard to come up with a list that satisfies your definition of lie. In my world, broken promise = lie.

Here's an easy one for you. President Obama promised to close Gitmo. He didn't close Gitmo. He lied about closing Gitmo.

Or how about this one. If you promise your wife you aren't going to drink and drive, and then you drink and drive....you lied.

Capeche?

So explain to me how that isn't a lie. An obvious one.

In the meantime:

The Three Lies of Andrew Breitbart

Breitbart Lies About His Own Post To Defend His Attack On Sherrod

"Getting Wise to Breitbartís Lies": Missouri Professors Survive Right-Wing Smear Campaign by Andrew Breitbart

Breitbart Inadvertently Admits To Lying About Sherrod's NAACP Audience

How Breitbart Got Away With His Lies

That's from a simple google search of "Breitbart lies." The first page.

^I recall a video where I saw BreightFart admitting to lying to get attention for his cause.

Honesty, he's not the first co called "journalist" or pundit to be caught lying. Just look at Fox News and Bill O'Reilly.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill.

Jeez. It'll be hard to come up with a list that satisfies your definition of lie. In my world, broken promise = lie.
    So I did a little checking and, as I suspected, he said he wouldn't release the photo. He didn't. He showed it to a few people. So if anything, you've misrepresented the story, or told an untruth, or stretched it, or lied about it. Or maybe you don't understand the difference between the words.
    Here's an easy one for you. President Obama promised to close Gitmo. He didn't close Gitmo. He lied about closing Gitmo.
    I wouldn't call that a lie, but would call it a broken promise. However, saying it was going to be one of his first priorities when it clearly wasn't, well, you be the judge on that.
    Or how about this one. If you promise your wife you aren't going to drink and drive, and then you drink and drive....you lied.
    Again, not a lie, but a broken promise. A lie would be telling your wife you didn't drink when you actually did.

Capeche?
    In the meantime:

That's from a simple google search of "Breitbart lies." The first page. Showing that lots of other people are also interested in making the brand. It follows the scientific methods of global warming: lots of entries = proof.
    Fixed.

BD... these accusations you've linked mostly revolve around the defense of Anthony Weiner and Shirley Sherrod. Honest people, both.

^^^

Gawker.com
    Mediamatters.com
    Democracynow.com
    Mediamatters.com
    Salon.com

So I did a little checking and, as I suspected, he said he wouldn't release the photo. He didn't. He showed it to a few people. So if anything, you've misrepresented the story, or told an untruth, or stretched it, or lied about it. Or maybe you don't understand the difference between the words.I wouldn't call that a lie, but would call it a broken promise. However, saying it was going to be one of his first priorities when it clearly wasn't, well, you be the judge on that.Again, not a lie, but a broken promise. A lie would be telling your wife you didn't drink when you actually did.

Capeche?
    Fixed.
    Like I said, in my world broken promise = lie.

We live in two different worlds.

So we'll agree to disagree I guess.

Like I said, in my world broken promise = lie.

We live in two different worlds.

So we'll agree to disagree I guess.
    Even with your expanded definition, you still have that little problem of distorting what he actually promised. But that's part of your different world and its displayed repeatedly.