Thread: Push/Pull

Push/Pull

Hello, I'm going to be getting a Corsair H60 in the next few days and I want to set up a Push/Pull config. To my understanding the CPU fan will adjust its speed as the CPU does more or less work. Having only one CPU fan header, how can I set up a second fan for a push/pull? Obviously making sure both fans are running at the same speeds at all times is optimal; furthermore, connecting both fans via molex will fix their speeds to a certain rate. I don't want the fans to be running at max speed all time. Even if they aren't going to run at max, I think its not practical to run them at any fixed speed when the CPU temps will very with different loads. Thank you!

Re: Push/Pull

Quote Originally Posted by azziro View Post
    Hello, I'm going to be getting a Corsair H60 in the next few days and I want to set up a Push/Pull config. To my understanding the CPU fan will adjust its speed as the CPU does more or less work. Having only one CPU fan header, how can I set up a second fan for a push/pull? Obviously making sure both fans are running at the same speeds at all times is optimal; furthermore, connecting both fans via molex will fix their speeds to a certain rate. I don't want the fans to be running at max speed all time. Even if they aren't going to run at max, I think its not practical to run them at any fixed speed when the CPU temps will very with different loads. Thank you!
    You could look into a pwm splitter.

Akasa PWM Splitter - Smart Fan Cable (AK-CB002)

Not a product endorsement here as I've never used the above product.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

I've heard of it but isn't there concern as to the amount of power output from the header. Being able to fully supply two fans under a full load let alone three, as the splitter suggest's.

No, power draw off a regular 12v molex connector line like the one Scooter linked you to wouldn't be an issue at all with a few fans on it.

I'm quite sure that the H60 has 2 fan headers on the pump.
    At least I can assure you that my H100 has 4 fan headers on the pump so I dont see why the h60 would not have 2 ...