Thread: Tebow?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tebow?

Thoughts?
    Personally I think he is a superb athlete who has a major problem: He cannot throw the football. Not a problem for a running back or tight end, but a disaster for a QB!
    Even if you correct his horrible mechanics, he still has great difficulty reading defenses, which is why is completion percentage is abysmal. He throws wide of receivers to avoid any chance of interceptions.
    He is a great guy, who is a true leader, but needs to accept that he would be better off at another position, or he will go down in history as being a nothing more than a marketing gimmick.
    Think Elway thought he had died and gone to Heaven when Peyton Manning became available, and then chose the Broncos?

As a Pat's fan, I am ecstatic that the Jets signed Tebow. This should be the final nail in Sanchez's already shaky self-confidence.

Re: Tebow?

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    Thoughts?
    Personally I think he is a superb athlete who has a major problem: He cannot throw the football. Not a problem for a running back or tight end, but a disaster for a QB!
    Even if you correct his horrible mechanics, he still has great difficulty reading defenses, which is why is completion percentage is abysmal. He throws wide of receivers to avoid any chance of interceptions.
    He is a great guy, who is a true leader, but needs to accept that he would be better off at another position, or he will go down in history as being a nothing more than a marketing gimmick.
    Think Elway thought he had died and gone to Heaven when Peyton Manning became available, and then chose the Broncos?

As a Pat's fan, I am ecstatic that the Jets signed Tebow. This should be the final nail in Sanchez's already shaky self-confidence.
    I agree he's more of a leader who's short on talent but I'm surprised Denver traded him. He did turn their fortunes around and lead them too a playoff spot. Plus, Peyton Manning is old. I could see a team getting a QB like that if they thought they were a stone's throw from the Super Bowl but Denver has no wide receivers. Weird move all around.

As for the Jets and Tebow, what happened to Sanchez? How many QBs has NYJ had in the past 10 years? They're like the Bears of the AFC. Of course, as a Packers fan I've been spoiled because we've had Brett Favre for 16 years and Aaron Rogers for 4 years - talk about stability. At least Favre waited to leave Green Bay before he got weird and unreliable.

Personally I think he is a superb athlete who has a major problem: He cannot throw the football.
    I think one of my buddies summed up Tim Tebow the quarterback best: When you watch him throw, it looks like he's right handed. LOL

FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

this about sums it up

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rofile_oneline

I think Denver should have kept Tebow and said no thanks to the old washed up over priced Manning me being born in Denver and living in Indy this erks me! I hope club ELWAY crashes and burns hard!
    Last edited by /\/\adGamer; 04-04-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post
    this about sums it up

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rofile_oneline

I think Denver should have kept Tebow and said no thanks to the old washed up over priced Manning me being born in Denver and living in Indy this erks me! I hope club ELWAY crashes and burns hard!
    Except Tebow cannot throw a football on a pro-level, and likely never will be able to on a consistent basis.

Except Tebow cannot throw a football on a pro-level, and likely never will be able to on a consistent basis.
    I have a feeling that will be the exact description of Manning after he gets back in the game and gets hit a few times. As far as Tebow tho He led his dismal team pretty far last year for a guy who sucks. I still think the jokes on Denver and Elway and wish Mr Tebow and his new team the best.

Leadership is more important than talent, imo.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    Leadership is more important than talent, imo.
    Leadership is very important. But you still have to be able to play the position. The sheer luck the broncos had last year was unreal. The Chicago game? I mean wow.

Can't believe the jets took him. Why in the world would they want Tebow? Not that sanchez is exactly god's gift to QB's, but hes serviceable and signed to a BRAND NEW long-term deal. what a joke! I mean, this is a classic example of why the Jets will always be the second-class team in NYC. It was nice to watch them implode while the Giants won another championship.. the fans were getting too uppity

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    Can't believe the jets took him. Why in the world would they want Tebow? Not that sanchez is exactly god's gift to QB's, but hes serviceable and signed to a BRAND NEW long-term deal. what a joke! I mean, this is a classic example of why the Jets will always be the second-class team in NYC. It was nice to watch them implode while the Giants won another championship.. the fans were getting too uppity
    No offense Odog, but you do realize the same thing could be said about your Mets!

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    I mean, this is a classic example of why the Mets will always be the second-class team in NYC. It was nice to watch them implode while the Yankees won another championship.. the fans were getting too uppity
    LOL, just trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    No offense Odog, but you do realize the same thing could be said about your Mets!

LOL, just trolling!
    So? I know exactly where my Mets stand. The organization is a joke! Of course, its easier to take some pride in not being the Yankees since there is no salary cap in baseball. Its easy to win when you can shuffle off every high-priced flop to the minors without batting an eye. And even the Mets don't embrace the circus the way the Jets do.. although I suspect the wilpons would if they could

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

The Mets should trade the Wilpons.

I like them, though there can always be a problem with lag. I just got my first one a few weeks ago, I like it so far...
    ------------------------------------------------

OH wait... I thought that said terbow. My mistake, never mind
    ------------------------------------------------