• Got one

5 17.86%
  • Who cares

2 7.14%
  • jethro is a fanboi!

3 10.71%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: GTX 680: Who's got one/Getting one? real world results

I am highly considering it. However I'm leaning towards waiting till they release the higher end card and snag two of those. Especially since stock is going to be low for awhile and I have extremely high costs atm.

Sadly I havn't felt a major urge to retire my 2.5 year old 5870. Battlefield 3 came and went during a semester crunch time, and now most of my friends have either moved on or retreated to old comfort classics.

I'm looking forward to Diablo 3, but lets be honest, blizzard has never really given a damn about multi-mon gaming or pushing any graphical envelope.

lolAMD, beaten at it's own game

I added an Gigabyte model to my reference card, replaced the 3GB GTX580 SLi with this.

The feature set of these cards makes the trade worhtwhile in and of itself- the adaptive AA and driver level FXAA rock.
    Last edited by jethro; 03-27-2012 at 07:44 AM.

got some B-Day gift cards saved up. Still thinking about one of these but nowhere to be found without paying @$50-100 over retail
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

My Galaxy 680 arrived on Friday, March 23, and absolutely loving it. Upgraded from 560Ti SLI. Play on a 2560 x 1440 screen and the 680 blows the 560s out of the water (not to mention not having to worry about the occasional SLI issue).

I cancelled my order and went with 2x 7950 OC cards

Quote Originally Posted by drkCrix View Post
    I cancelled my order and went with 2x 7950 OC cards
    Just curious but why would you do that? Was it a preorder or something? Because the 680 would be a much better option. Its $50 more than a 7950 and loads faster and better all around. Granted 2 7950s would be faster but you could get 2 680s for $100 more and definitelly more performance.

I ordered 2 on sale @ NCIX for 399 each, a savings of $200 total, with the 7950 cards overclocking as well as the 7970 and Crossfire vs SLI a somewhat even match I felt it was the better buy for me

Well I've got $370 in birthday gift cards burning a hole in my wallet. Those plus if I sell off either one or both if my 460s will get me one of these plus some leftover.

got money from my tax refund queued up for a 680, but haven't seen anything in stock since the launch... its almost as bad as a paper launch, since now they've teased me with availability

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

now I need to make a decision. If I decide to get one of these I need to commit to either Amazon or NewEgg. I need to convert all my gift cards into one or the other to simplify purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
    now I need to make a decision. If I decide to get one of these I need to commit to either Amazon or NewEgg. I need to convert all my gift cards into one or the other to simplify purchase.
    Gift cards and rebate cards.. what a pain in the buttox. Wish they'd go back to simply cutting checks.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
    Well, I'd like to order at Amazon, since NE charges sales tax in NJ and is charging for shipping (winds up being $40+ more). I know newegg just got a shipment yesterday thats sold out already, so its hard to tell who will get more first: NE or Amazon.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    Well, I'd like to order at Amazon, since NE charges sales tax in NJ and is charging for shipping (winds up being $40+ more). I know newegg just got a shipment yesterday thats sold out already, so its hard to tell who will get more first: NE or Amazon.
    They're worth getting and waiting a bit for.

I was just playing some Trine2 in 3d Surround at 57X10 FXAA/16X, might be the most beautiful thing I've even seen on my PC.

Prior to that I was mowing down the hoards in Serious Sam HD at 57X10 FXAA/16X, again, totally immersive.

And before that I was playing Deus Ex Human Revolution at the same settings, silky smooth and very nice. (don't mind crappy weather on occasion- let's me get my game on without even thinking about going outside)

Point being these cards are just super versatile.