View Poll Results: GTX 680

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Getting one

    7 25.00%
  • Not Getting one

    11 39.29%
  • Got one

    5 17.86%
  • Who cares

    2 7.14%
  • jethro is a fanboi!

    3 10.71%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 80
  1. #61
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    24,202

    Re: GTX 680: Who's got one/Getting one? real world results

    Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    People are buying them every day, there's just a lot more people who want them so they go fast.
    Ok.. I give J.. wtf does your avatar say? Print is smaller than the stuff at the bottom of my CC statements.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  2. #62
    Joined
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,438

    Re: GTX 680: Who's got one/Getting one? real world results

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Ok.. I give J.. wtf does your avatar say? Print is smaller than the stuff at the bottom of my CC statements.
    Nvidia Focus Group

    Must be getting old scooter, your eyes are going

  3. #63
    Joined
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Vvardenfell
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,802

    Re: GTX 680: Who's got one/Getting one? real world results

    Oh noes, I think my cruel streak is coming out...



    M

  4. #64
    Joined
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,504

    Re: GTX 680: Who's got one/Getting one? real world results

    http://www.anandtech.com/show/5754/r...promos-inbound

    Still could go lower, but if you want the games, it not a bad proposition.

  5. #65
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: GTX 680: Who's got one/Getting one? real world results

    Quote Originally Posted by fatlazyhomer View Post
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/5754/r...promos-inbound

    Still could go lower, but if you want the games, it not a bad proposition.
    More or less where it should be priced. They should have done this at least a week ago to capitalize on the 680 shortages. With the chance of a decent overclock to more than match a stock 680, the 7970 is tempting. Same performance, $20 less, available right now, and the features I'm looking for? very tempting


    Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

  6. #66
    Joined
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,438

    Re: GTX 680: Who's got one/Getting one? real world results

    Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    More or less where it should be priced. They should have done this at least a week ago to capitalize on the 680 shortages. With the chance of a decent overclock to more than match a stock 680, the 7970 is tempting. Same performance, $20 less, available right now, and the features I'm looking for? very tempting
    The 680 is around if you keep your eyes open.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814500238
    ^in stock as I write this. Also theres a ton on ebay and a few on amazon.

    Its about time AMD did a price drop though. Should help them significantly.

  7. #67
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia
    Age
    42
    Posts
    12,774

    Re: GTX 680: Who's got one/Getting one? real world results

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog View Post
    The 680 is around if you keep your eyes open.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814500238
    ^in stock as I write this. Also theres a ton on ebay and a few on amazon.

    Its about time AMD did a price drop though. Should help them significantly.

    Lol, already OOS! I mean come on, that was like 10 minutes!

  8. #68
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: GTX 680: Who's got one/Getting one? real world results

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog View Post
    The 680 is around if you keep your eyes open.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814500238
    ^in stock as I write this. Also theres a ton on ebay and a few on amazon.

    Its about time AMD did a price drop though. Should help them significantly.
    Trust me, I'm keeping my eyes open. the Amazon GTX680 landing page has been an open tab on my work PC for the last week and a half. I've never, ever, seen a single SKU in stock and according to other forum threads across the internets, nothing stays in stock for more than a couple minutes. Newegg has been just as quick and I've got to pay NJ sales tax there anyway. And forgive me if I don't feel like paying some jackass on ebay who is flipping his for $600. Supplies are ridiculously constrained, I highly doubt any one retailer is getting more than double digit numbers of cards in any given shipment.


    Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

  9. #69
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia
    Age
    42
    Posts
    12,774

    Re: GTX 680: Who's got one/Getting one? real world results

    $450.00, in stock, and comes with Dirt 3.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161399

  10. #70
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: GTX 680: Who's got one/Getting one? real world results

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    $450.00, in stock, and comes with Dirt 3.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161399
    This is the one I've been eyeing up:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102982

    $470, in stock, comes with Dirt 3, non-ref cooler, not HIS. HardOCP really liked it, it got a silver award with the only negative being the price. Now its $100 less than when they reviewed it. I'm on the fence right now. $470 for that card right now, or wait around twiddling my thumbs for another few weeks while nV tries to get some stock in stores.. and then maybe wait another few weeks since non-ref boards will be coming out. pretty soon i might have waited 2 months for a 680 when I could have been enjoying a 7970 the whole time.


    Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

  11. #71
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: GTX 680: Who's got one/Getting one? real world results

    so its been a month of waiting and still no stock? Whats the deal nvidia?


    Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

  12. #72
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia
    Age
    42
    Posts
    12,774

    Re: GTX 680: Who's got one/Getting one? real world results

    Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    This is the one I've been eyeing up:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102982

    $470, in stock, comes with Dirt 3, non-ref cooler, not HIS. HardOCP really liked it, it got a silver award with the only negative being the price. Now its $100 less than when they reviewed it. I'm on the fence right now. $470 for that card right now, or wait around twiddling my thumbs for another few weeks while nV tries to get some stock in stores.. and then maybe wait another few weeks since non-ref boards will be coming out. pretty soon i might have waited 2 months for a 680 when I could have been enjoying a 7970 the whole time.
    Wish I could tell you what to do here. If it were me though, I'd continue to wait a while longer unless you HAVE to have a new video card right now. The AMD cards won't go anywhere in price but lower, and sooner or later the 680's will start showing up in force, and when they do, the prices will fall at least a bit. Of course, it remains to be seen how far off that is. Regardless, unless you're someone who doesn't like AMD drivers, or wants to eventually build a 680 SLI system, I see no reason not to go with a 7970 myself.

  13. #73
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    454

    Re: GTX 680: Who's got one/Getting one? real world results

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    I see no reason not to go with a 7970 myself.
    The PCBs are built from the bones of tortured angels by Lucifers minions in the pit of hell itself!!

    LOL

    I don't know Activate AMD, if you have the itch bad why not buy the 7970? There's a feeding frenzy on for the 680s might be hard to find them for a while with so many people hunting them like they were made of gold.

  14. #74
    Joined
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    289

    Re: GTX 680: Who's got one/Getting one? real world results

    I'm torn between continuing to wait for a GTX 680 or just buy a Sapphire HD7950 (has a switchable bios with #2 bios adding much overclockability).

    Anandtech review on the Sapphire 7950 OC didn't mention this bios switch (its near the Xfire area) and it still did well on his review. Guys are hitting 1250 core and 1575 memory on the sapph 7950 oc (they are adding just a bit of voltage, not very much).

  15. #75
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia
    Age
    42
    Posts
    12,774

    Re: GTX 680: Who's got one/Getting one? real world results

    Let me just add that I wish a choice between a 7970 and a 680 was one of my problems right now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •