View Poll Results: What was your favorite game of March 2012 ?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Battlefield 3

5 45.45%
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

1 9.09%
  • Mass Effect 3

2 18.18%
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

0 0%
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2

1 9.09%
  • Batman: Arkham City

1 9.09%
  • Serious Sam 3

1 9.09%
  • Crysis 2

0 0%
  • Minecraft

0 0%
  • OTHER

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOTM March 2012

GOTM March 2012

Cast your vote. Remember that you get just one vote and are voting for your favorite game of last month.

Please remember that beta software and demos are not eligible.

If you vote "OTHER" please post which game you are voting for so we can track it here in the first post.

The poll will remain open for a week.

Other votes
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Re: GOTM March 2012

BF3 - It's still about all I play and I'm still having fun with it ... mostly.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Massive Effect 3 for me.

Actually tough this month. ME3 would have won it hands down if I hadn't finished the game. SS3 actually is in with a shot since it was just so damn silly, fun and it got me playing the other two SS games. BF3 again has the most time, but its not getting the nod this time. I'll have to let the decision stew for a bit.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Actually went back and played some BC2 for a couple dozen rounds, had much more fun than BF3, so it gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmeat69 View Post
    Actually went back and played some BC2 for a couple dozen rounds, had much more fun than BF3, so it gets my vote.
    I'm hearing that from a lot more people than I would have thought. I've been considering going back to BC2 for a spell as well. BF3 looks great but more often than not I find the gameplay frustrating instead of fun.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

That's interesting since BC2 was at times masterful at delivering a frustrating game play experience.

People probably just need a break from BF3 and being away from BC2 for a while makes it feel fresh again.

I played both Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City during most of March. Both were quite a lot of fun for the most part, even taking into account the awful console port type of controls. I did tire quickly of the mash the mouse button as fast as I could boss battles though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    That's interesting since BC2 was at times masterful at delivering a frustrating game play experience.

People probably just need a break from BF3 and being away from BC2 for a while makes it feel fresh again.
    Oh no doubt. But the frustration I'm experiencing personally and those I'm hearing expressed are geared more toward the inconsistencies in the game. I'm rank 56 or so now in BF3 and I think my score in BC2 at 50 was nearing 6 million when I stopped playing. So I feel I have a pretty good basis for comparison.

IMHO the unlock system in BF3 is extremely inhibitve toward enjoyable gameplay. It was in BC2 as well but BF3 is orders of magnitude worse. By level 35 or thereabouts in BC2 you had all the weapons and upgrades available. In BF3 I'm not anywhere near getting all the unlocks and I'm really tired of taking the time to try to do so for every weapon on both sides (US&RU). 250~350 kills with each weapon just so you can use all the attachments so you can then decide whether or not you like it? I'm finding the weapons to be very inconsistent to begin with. Sometimes they down a target.. others.. not-so-much. It's a crap shoot. Having to invest that much time for every weapon for inconsistent results is simply absurd. At least in BC2 by the time I was level 40 I knew exactly which kit(s) suited me. Not even close in BF3 yet. RPG whoring seems to be the only way to assure a kill. Which is why I play engineer a lot. I cannot count how many times I've emptied a clip into a guy crossing a street in the open just to have him skip off. In BC2 that was one dead MOFO. In BF3 I have to finish with an RPG after they get to cover. I get to the point where I ask myself.. Why do I bother with the rifle first?

I really had high hopes for BF3.. and I can honestly say the game play has been a letdown to me so far. If not for the fact the guys I play with are all on BF3 now I'd probably not be still playing it.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    That's interesting since BC2 was at times masterful at delivering a frustrating game play experience for Matt.

fixed that for ya . Matt is the 7th Degree Red(from anger)Belt Rage Master of BC2.

fixed that for ya . Matt is the 7th Degree Red(from anger)Belt Rage Master of BC2.

-The Gipper

Lol

I resemble that remark.

You guys ...

Bf3.

aw crap, forgot to vote :\

SS3

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present