Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, who needs an R/C copter with 720p video camera onboard?

Let's get past the fact that 14 year old boys with hot girls next door are rejoicing at the fact that this camera will be here in time for summer. What does anyone else need this for? I gotta say, I can't think of a single reason to spend $300 on something like this?

http://www.brookstone.com/parrot-ar-...okstone.com%21

Re: Ok, who needs an R/C copter with 720p video camera onboard?

the same reason r/c hobbiest have used high end cameras and wireless monitors for years. its for the immersion....adds to the experience of flying the machine.

its a real time camera. you get to fly the device in first person vs flying from the sidewalk and having to fly in third person.

thats the main reason.

but also for the same reasons anyone records a video, to simply make a record of their adventures.

cameras have been used on motorcycles, helmets, cars all sorts. youtube i full of videos like this.

why do people make home movies or take pictures?

i find it interesting that the only reason you could think of was voyeurism.

Wow. Relax dude! I was just joking, you know...joking. To each his own I suppose but even as someone who's owned many an r/c car, I just don't get this thing. As far as comparing this to something one would use to record memories of their families? Geez, don't know what to say to that!

That would be so cool to fly !
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

This guy near my uncle's house has a freaking huge RC plane. It's like the size of a man. I saw him flying it once. It looked like it was supposed to be a model of a B-52. I thought I was getting bombed by Germans or something.

I'd rather have something like this:
    http://www.bananahobby.com/1866.html
    or one of the other ones they have on there. 130mph! Shits crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog View Post
    I'd rather have something like this:
    http://www.bananahobby.com/1866.html
    or one of the other ones they have on there. 130mph! Shits crazy.
    Now that is badass! I can't believe it's only $260!

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Now that is badass! I can't believe it's only $260!
    Holy shit! That is AWESOME.

I might need to buy that. Incredible!

I'm surprised those things are legal. At 130mph, it's almost like a little flying missile. You could fly it into somebody's car window as they're going down the highway.

Not saying they SHOULD outlaw them, but hey, if lawn darts are illegal, surprised these things are.

But, I seriously want one of those.

I bet its EXTREMELY hard to fly or land though. I mean at 130mph its probably out of your field of view pretty quickly. And I agree I dunno how thats legal really. Im sure there are restrictions on where you can fly such things. But yeah for $260 the 130 mph explosion alone would probably be worth it

They have cheaper starter kits too. You can easily get a jet one of some sort for less than $100. Its really tempting.

I blame BF for the upcoming hit my wallet is now surely going to take. While the jets on that site are just plain awesome (check out the Warthog A-10 Kevin!), I think I may pick up one of the helicopters. Reason being is they'll take a lot less space to fly them in, and I've always wanted to fly a helicopter. This is my favorite, but I'll probably go with one of the models for around $100 to see how much I enjoy this hobby.

http://www.bananahobby.com/2089.html

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    I blame BF for the upcoming hit my wallet is now surely going to take. While the jets on that site are just plain awesome (check out the Warthog A-10 Kevin!), I think I may pick up one of the helicopters. Reason being is they'll take a lot less space to fly them in, and I've always wanted to fly a helicopter. This is my favorite, but I'll probably go with one of the models for around $100 to see how much I enjoy this hobby.

http://www.bananahobby.com/2089.html
    i wouldn't recommend that for a beginner. i have 3 r/c heli's. one a larger out door 6 channel similar to the one you linked, and 2 indoor micro heli's.

id recommend a good 4 channel micro heli for indoor flight to begin with. it will teach you everything you need to know to fly the larger more expensive heli's without having to worry about the wind conditions outside. also cheaper and easier to fix if an accident happens.

I actually ended up ordering a Double Horse 9116 last night. It's a 4 channel that should be easier to fly than one of the 6 channel 3d ones. I've always wanted a r/c heli since I was a kid but the high price and tough learning curve always kept me away. It's amazing to me the advances they've made in r/c heli's in recent years. I had no idea!

http://www.thinkrc.com/4ch-24ghz-dou...ue-p-1606.html

I looked at some smaller ones such as the WL V911, but decided against them as the price wasn't much lower than the 9116, and I figured I could still fly the 9116 indoors a bit while having the advantage of better outdoor flights. What kind of heli is your 6 channel?

http://www.xheli.com/20newes6chho1.html

its this one. esky honey bee king 2.

but i also bought an aftermarket motor and accessories for it. damn think will cause a hurricane in your house if you ramp that up inside.

its got some major power.

your heli looks ok for a beginner. the size seems to suggest its more of an outdoor heli.

i think you would really enjoy something like this.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...r-rtf-EFLH3000

its a much smaller indoor heli. 4 channel as well. even comes with a multi battery charger. and batteries are dirt cheap for this thing. i have one myself i love it.

don't let the size fool you though. its got some power and speed.

i always recommend more batteries. your flight time is roughly around 10 min with most electric r/c helicopters. so if you want to really get a chance to fly it your going to need some spare batteries you can pop in on hand already charged.

also i want to warn you that these lithium batteries are dangerous. do NOT i repeat do NOT let it over charge. alot of these charging systems do not have automatic cutoffs. this means you have to watch the charging indicator/or (depending on the model) have to time it yourself to ensure its not overcharged.

these batteries will start to swell and eventually burst. they are a fire hazard. also they are very very picky about how they are charged and drained. if you let it drain to much before charging you could ruin the battery.

if you charge to long it can ruin the battery (longevity and the amount of power it can supply to the motor). follow your instruction manual to the t.

if you want the most out of your batteries.

my 2 cents. but i think your gonna have a blast.

Looks like a blast there modru!

I bought one of those cheepo indoor gyro-copters a couple months ago and the thing is a ton of fun. Yea, the short flight times stink, but i just love messing around with it for 10 minutes, plugging it into a usb port, kill time on the PC for 20 min then play again I'd be seriously tempted to try out a more serious outdoor model, my backyard would be great for it

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

if you like your cheap indoor gyro pick up a blade msr. its the big brother to those cheap indoor helis. you get a full functioned 4 channel identical to teh out door heli's but its a much smaller size and designed for indoor flying.

i love mine. i have like 6 batteries for it so i can fly continuously. by the time im out of batteries the battery i used tos tart with is charged again.

and batteries are only about $3 a pop for the blade msr. i love this thing its probably my favorite heli right now cause i can fly it anytime.