Thread: 3d issues

3d issues

Hi and thanks for looking in,
    i bought a new HP Pavillion HPE H8 pc along with a HP 2311 gt monitor and am having difficulty viewing 3d files.

on my desktop i have a shortcut to yabazam and can view 3d trailers no problem on there,
    however i have a puss in boots trailer on my desktop but when i play that i just get it played as 2 seperate screens, in my pictures i have some MPO images and when i try to open them i get an error message saying ; NVIDIA 3D Vision features are not enabled. please review stereo setup information. Press OK to launch NVIDIA Control Panel.
    however when i try to enable stereoscopic 3d it takes me to a setup and when i click on the glasses i use it says to plug in the IR device which i dont have??!!??

can anyone help please

Re: 3d issues

That monitor does not appear to be "3D" capable. You need a capable monitor and glasses in order to view 3d content
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814998061

3D is not all that common or mature on PC yet and the monitors are at least $100 more expensive than the monitor you currently have
    Last edited by Activate: AMD; 04-09-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

hi

thanks for getting back to me,

the monitor is HP 2311gt and is definately a 3d monitor and we did get glasses with it to view 3d content

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/07/h...ond-gen-wirel/

(hope this link works)

Thanks

its passive, so no IR device needed, 3D FPR Interleaved Mode, is your monitor listed on NVIDIA Control Panel? if not maybe you still can it to work till Nvidia and HP work it out. Read this page on how to use another passive 3D monitor INF file that listed in Nvidia 3d setup.

http://3dvision-blog.com/tag/passive-3d/

or wait till driver updates.

I found the refresh rates for your monitor and they look to slow from the quick 30 min study I done, looks like it need to be able to refresh at 120Hz and in the 3D mode it refresh at 60Hz for each eye for Nvidia. So you have to check your monitor and see if it can run at the high refresh rates safely, before you try the mod.
    Last edited by bootmeup; 04-09-2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: found the refresh rates for you monitor

benchmark setting

hi mate,

thanks for that,

yes my monitor is listed in the nvidia control panel,

what driver is needed to update, the monitors? im a real newbie at this, just getting frustrated as i cant see the image files and puss in boots trailer that comes on my pc, but am i right in saying that they are stereoscopic files and the videos i watch on 'yabazam' are passive 3-d?

also the cable i am using is an hdmi cable, not sure if that matters...

really appreciate your help,
    Cahal

Quote Originally Posted by cahal81 View Post
    hi

thanks for getting back to me,

the monitor is HP 2311gt and is definately a 3d monitor and we did get glasses with it to view 3d content

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/07/h...ond-gen-wirel/

(hope this link works)

Thanks
    my mistake! I must have found the non-3d version of the monitor in my quick search

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

The TriDef 3D software is what you need to make sure is setup right, and how to use TriDef 3D Media Player...check here at link...

http://www.tridef.com/

and link to TriDef 3D User Guide

http://www.tridef.com/user-guide

benchmark setting

just spoke to NVIDIA and it appears that my monitor doesnt support 3d vision, maybe it just supports passive 3d that yabazam plays....

the TriDef 3D Media Player will still do 3d..go to link..

copy and paste some here for you:
    TriDef 3D Media Player

With TriDef 3D Media Player you can:

Play TriDef 3D format files including TriDef 3D Movies and TriDef 3D Photos
    Watch standard definition 2D DVDs in amazing high impact 3D
    Play 3Di DVDs
    Play a wide variety of open format 3D media files (.mpg, .jpg, etc)
    Play your own 2D media files (.mpg, .jpg, etc) in 3D

Simply insert a DVD and choose “Play DVD Movie in 3D”, or right-click a supported media file in Windows Explorer and choose “Play with TriDef 3D Media Player”.

You can also run TriDef 3D Media Player from:

Start → All Programs → TriDef 3D → TriDef 3D Media Player.

Alternatively, click the browse thumbnail on the 3D Videos or 3D Photos page of TriDef 3D Portal.

benchmark setting

TriDef 3D Media Player came with your setup and you need to use it to make the 3d work and play pictures, movies, videos and games with the TriDef 3D Ignition.

On some file formats, you will need to install the codec pack for them to be able to play.
    Last edited by bootmeup; 04-09-2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: codec

benchmark setting

Brilliant,
    Thank you for the info, yes I have noticed tri def on my desktop, when I double clicked on the icon it said gave me a shortcut to google earth, I will investigate further now though, really appreciate your help

Hi,

i do have tri def ignition already installed,
    i have just downloaded a trial version of the full tri def software but when i go to click on it it tells me that 3d is currently disabled!
    when i go into the control panel for tri def to manually select my monitor it isnt there, there is only one hewlett packard monitor on the list!