Thread: Far Cry 3

Far Cry 3

I see that Amazon has Far Cry 3 up for pre-order (September 4th) for around $48. Has anyone here read anything about this game? The usual gaming websites I visit are quiet on this game. Of course after the disaster that was FC2, this might be understandable. Looking at the screenshots it looks like they have gone back to the island, which is a good thing imo.

http://www.amazon.com/Far-Cry-3-Pc/d...4251670&sr=8-4

Re: Far Cry 3

I thought the launch trailer they showed at E3 last year was cool (watch in 1080p):

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    I thought the launch trailer they showed at E3 last year was cool (watch in 1080p):
    You of all people should know better than to get suckered into a game just because the trailer is good

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    You of all people should know better than to get suckered into a game just because the trailer is good
    Yes, you'd think I'd have learnt my lesson by now :\

Hey now, in Kevin's defense, Dead Island (the patched version anyway) wasn't THAT bad.

RAGE was another game where I got super excited over the trailer but the game was average.

I'm playing Syndicate right now. Awesome trailer, but gameplay is average!

I might make another thread for that game if I have anything to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    RAGE was another game where I got super excited over the trailer but the game was average.

I'm playing Syndicate right now. Awesome trailer, but gameplay is average!

I might make another thread for that game if I have anything to say about it.
    you're a video game marketer's dream!

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

you're a video game marketer's dream!
    Yep, make a cool trailer and I'm in!

To be fair to myself, that Dead Island trailer did win all sorts of advertising awards for "best trailer" and whatnot. The one with the girl falling out of the window:

I think half of Dead Island's budget went to that trailer.

Speaking of over the top game trailers, this one takes the cake. It's already over a year old but the graphics still look great. Why? Well, uh, because it's actually not showing the game at all. Some people thought it was a movie preview. A great trailer, but it doesn't tell me anything about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Speaking of over the top game trailers, this one takes the cake. It's already over a year old but the graphics still look great. Why? Well, uh, because it's actually not showing the game at all. Some people thought it was a movie preview. A great trailer, but it doesn't tell me anything about the game.

Extra LOL because that game is supposed to be in jeopardy of being canceled. There were some rumors about that, and I guess some rumors of layoffs at Human Head Studios (based in Madison, WI).

I never played the first Prey but always wanted too. Prey 2 was getting some really positive buzz in the games press, so would be a shame if it really is axed.

The first Prey wasn't one of the best games I played, but I'd be interested enough to buy the second one if they ever do make it, especially after seeing some actual gameplay footage.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    The first Prey wasn't one of the best games I played, but I'd be interested enough to buy the second one if they ever do make it, especially after seeing some actual gameplay footage.
    They changed what time of game it was a fair bit. It was more of an open world game where you were running around on an alien world doing missions or whatever. It had a lot of cool stuff. There was one spot where you could blackmail the guy who gave you missions for more money but he might send hitmen after you later in the game.