Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: The slip and slide to infanticide.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    Funny you mention that because there is a link between abortions and reduced crime.
    Less people, less crime?
    It's not as if any lawmaker saw this and said we need to write a bill to legalize infanticide. The article is just somebody's extreme opinion. And I'm sure that if you look hard enough, you'll find alot of extreme opinions on the internet.
    Exactly.

I think people like to examine the extremes to make themselves feel "normal".

Why would anybody use infanticide as an intellectual exercise if they didn’t believe the logic and weren’t trying to fish in like thinking people?

It seems to me far-left intellectuals do a lot of intellectual exercises involving what amounts to killing and genocide.

It must be great entertainment, I guess…

The crime stats are down in most major cities because cops stop investigating reported crimes and they quit writing reports.
    Last edited by tucker; 04-15-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post

It seems to me far-left intellectuals do a lot of intellectual exercises involving what amounts to killing and genocide.
    But the far right never does anything that leads to killing people like bombing abortion clinics and stuff....
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill.

But the far right never does anything that leads to killing people like bombing abortion clinics and stuff....

Some more apples & oranges hypothetical logic but I guess you could say that’s true…

OK, I give up: how can you tell that the writers of that paper were left-wing? Did they advocate a state-run service for the infanticide? Did they suggest giving power to the workers? Do you actually understand what left-wing means? As opposed to, say, liberalism? You know they're not the same thing, right?

M

left wing = liberals
    right wing = conservatives

That's how it is here.

Some more apples & oranges hypothetical logic but I guess you could say that’s true…
    It's always apples and oranges when it's a comparison you don't like....

I don't have a problem with admitting there are some extremist assholes on the left.... But nobody here ever wants to acknowledge there is even one asshole on the right...
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    OK, I give up: how can you tell that the writers of that paper were left-wing? Did they advocate a state-run service for the infanticide? Did they suggest giving power to the workers? Do you actually understand what left-wing means? As opposed to, say, liberalism? You know they're not the same thing, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    left wing = liberals
    right wing = conservatives

That's how it is here.
    Yes, Meridian, your constant lecturing us on what left-wing and right-wing "really mean" is getting extremely tiresome.

But nobody here ever wants to acknowledge there is even one asshole on the right...
    Really? When? Did anybody here deny that these are crazies out there who bomb abortion clinics?

It's always apples and oranges when it's a comparison you don't like....

I don't have a problem with admitting there are some extremist assholes on the left.... But nobody here ever wants to acknowledge there is even one asshole on the right...

There are many assholes and extremists on the right but not nearly as many as there is on the left…
    Last edited by tucker; 04-15-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Yes, Meridian, your constant lecturing us on what left-wing and right-wing "really mean" is getting extremely tiresome.

When you learn, I'll stop teaching. Dutch's equations make for great cheap insults, but otherwise are wrong. I appreciate the slight degree of sarcasm in their quotation though. And to think that the Political Compass website is actually a US one, so at least some understand that there is little to no correlation between economic wing and moral beliefs. Although I'm impressed that Americans are so sure that liberals must be left-wing that they had to invent a new word for liberals who are right-wing just so that they could keep their politics training wheels on.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    When you learn, I'll stop teaching. Dutch's equations make for great cheap insults, but otherwise are wrong. I appreciate the slight degree of sarcasm in their quotation though. And to think that the Political Compass website is actually a US one, so at least some understand that there is little to no correlation between economic wing and moral beliefs. Although I'm impressed that Americans are so sure that liberals must be left-wing that they had to invent a new word for liberals who are right-wing just so that they could keep their politics training wheels on.
    More like you enjoy getting off on telling all of us that we're wrong. Admit it, Meridian, a part of you likes the idea of you being the smartest guy on the forum, dropping in here and educating us silly right-wing conservative Americans on how things really work, then disappearing.

In terms of American politics, Obama is on the left, the Democratic party is on the left, and Romney, Santorum and the Republicans are on the right. And quite frankly, unless we're discussing international issues, it's pointless to pretend otherwise. And I can provide 100 links to American scholars, newspapers and books where Republicans and conservatives are described as the American right-wing and Democrats, liberals and progressives are described as the American left-wing.

Any comparison of how the American political parties lineup on a Europe/international political spectrum is purely an academic argument.

I dont get pro-life people really. Although abortion is an issue that doesnt concern me much.

Why do you want to bring unwanted children into the world? I mean I can get not wanting to KILL, even though personally I find children disgusting lol. However its just torture to bring a kid into a family that doesnt want him/her, and wont take care of it. It just creates criminals and bad people because of bad upbringings. And the adoption process is beyond screwed up.

I see it as a mercy killing really, and yeah we already do have too many people on this planet so why bring people in that arent wanted.

Unlike traditional conservatives or liberals I support abortion, death penalty, and euthanasia. So i'm consistent

You're going to wear out the "Ctrl" and "V" keys if you keep copying and pasting that Carlin quote.
    What can I say....its funny, clever, and pretty much sums up everything I feel about abortion and religion....and it was written 16 years ago and stands the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_nVidia View Post
    ...ahh, to be so young and light-headed enough to get my opinions from cartoonists and comedians.
    As opposed to say, getting your opinion from the OP's source?

Or perhaps getting it from a book written 1000's of years ago?

More like you enjoy getting off on telling all of us that we're wrong.
    As if anyone in this subforum was any different at all, eh Keven?

All life is equal and it starts at conception... unless you're gay, or muslim, or an abortion doctor, or poor, or whatever is the new flavor of the week. I support abortion and I don't support the death penalty, but more for reasons of wrongful execution and cost to the state than anything else. I don't believe thats a logical fallacy, and if it is then right-wingers need to admit the "we should just nuke everyone in the middle east" type crap that gets spewed is nothing short of the same.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present